Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 9:20 PM
Error while trying to import Hair Mesh in Milkshape
I just started trying to create hair meshes. I've followed Sanmoos Tutorial AND Big Bad Shars Tutorial using the afhairlongsimple hair, ok now I understood everything and did everything to a TEE (at least I think I did).

Then I get towards the end where I have to import the mesh with Wes H's 2.16 plugin (the THE SIMS 2 GMDC importer) and I get this error:

"Warn: Unhandled Data Type 0x89d92ba0 (bumpmap data) skipped."
In 3 lines(See Error Screenshot pic below). After I click OK, I don't know if this is normal or not, but I get a whole bunch of blue lines covering the mesh(Also see the AfterIClickOK pic below)

Can someone help me figure out what's wrong please?

Thanks in advance.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 4:41 PM
Nothing is wrong, that message is always seen - MilkShape doesn't use bumpmap data (and most hair meshes don't have it anyway).

Just OK the message, and forget about it.

The blue lines are the way MilkShape shows the "joints" - but the default size is way too big.

Go to the "File" menu and choose "Preferences"

Click on the "Misc" tab

Set "Joint Size" to .07 - that will give a usable size to the joints.

Also, on the Joints tab you can uncheckmark "show skeleton" to hide them completely, and only checkmark this at times when you do want to see them.
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 6:40 PM
Oh good, thank you so much for your help!
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 11:23 PM
why can't i get the 2.16 plugin to work in milkshape. im new to this meshing thing and im about to go crazy. please help. thanks