Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 23rd Nov 2023 at 12:14 PM
Oh gosh @ChrisHatch so so sorry to hear about your wife. Glad to see you back though.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 10th Dec 2023 at 6:48 PM
Does anyone have downloaded version 0.77.69.9 and would like to share it? I have been trying to download this version for a week because Sim File Share doesn't work, the download speed is 10 KB/s and stops after a while.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#178 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 7:19 PM
@Lenna9 Are you still having trouble? It downloads okay and nice and fast for me today:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/77372/
Forum Resident
#179 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 4:53 AM
Do any of the newer versions of SimPE allow for larger neighbourhood files to be saved? Since the version I'm currently using – 0.73.44.37603 – is no longer able to edit a specific save, because it has exceeded the maximum file size that SimPE has been configured to save.

I also need for SimPE to be able to read larger want and fear histories. Because I was forced to recreate one of the Sims that was born in-game. But because I didn't know about the want and fear histories, the want and fear histories of their parents still point to the original. So their parents aren't rolling wants or fears related to the recreation.

I need to be able to edit the references if I'm going to be able to get their parents to start rolling wants and fears related to them.
Mad Poster
#180 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
...Since the version I'm currently using – 0.73.44.37603 – is no longer able to edit a specific save, because it has exceeded the maximum file size that SimPE has been configured to save...

Have you "4Gb'd" the SimPE exe? (You should also apply the 4Gb patch to Bodyshop and Homecrafter.)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Lenna9 Are you still having trouble? It downloads okay and nice and fast for me today:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/77372/
I finally managed to download, but the download speed was still below 20 KB/s. I know it's not my internet's fault because on every other site I have a download speed of 2 MB/s.
Forum Resident
#182 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Have you "4Gb'd" the SimPE exe? (You should also apply the 4Gb patch to Bodyshop and Homecrafter.)

How? If that increases the neighbourhood file size limit that SimPE has been configured to allow, that would be a godsend. And if it will allow SimPE to be able to read larger want and fear histories. Since I need to update all the references pointing to one of the children that my CAS Sims had and point them to the recreation.
Mad Poster
#183 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 12:44 AM
How? If that increases the neighbourhood file size limit that SimPE has been configured to allow, that would be a godsend. And if it will allow SimPE to be able to read larger want and fear histories. Since I need to update all the references pointing to one of the children that my CAS Sims had and point them to the recreation.
"How?" Do you mean you need help running the 4Gb patch - or are you being rhetorical?
...Out of Memory Exceptions are quite often fixed by enabling the exe to use 4Gbs.
That is all I'm suggesting. Good luck!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#184 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 5:26 AM
"How?" Do you mean you need help running the 4Gb patch - or are you being rhetorical?
...Out of Memory Exceptions are quite often fixed by enabling the exe to use 4Gbs.
That is all I'm suggesting. Good luck!

I'm saying I don't understand what I have to do to stop SimPE from running out of memory. Which is what has been happening to my Desiderata Valley save on another PC.
Mad Poster
#185 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 1:36 PM
I'm saying I don't understand what I have to do to stop SimPE from running out of memory. Which is what has been happening to my Desiderata Valley save on another PC.

OK. Download the 4Gb Patch from NTCore, and when you run it - point it to the SimPE exe.

Let us know if that works. Good luck!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#186 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 7:36 PM
Would this be where we would post errors for the programs that are downloaded with SimPE? Like HoodChecker, HoodReplacer, etc.
Forum Resident
#187 Old 17th Dec 2023 at 5:46 AM
OK. Download the 4Gb Patch from NTCore, and when you run it - point it to the SimPE exe.

Let us know if that works. Good luck!

Where exactly would the SimPE exe be located?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#188 Old 17th Dec 2023 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by specklewits
Would this be where we would post errors for the programs that are downloaded with SimPE? Like HoodChecker, HoodReplacer, etc.

I would make a fresh thread for your issue here:
https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=4
As the creator of those mods is no longer active.

Where exactly would the SimPE exe be located?

Wherever you installed it to.
[install Location]\SimPE\SimPe.exe
Forum Resident
#189 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I would make a fresh thread for your issue here:
https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=4
As the creator of those mods is no longer active.

Wherever you installed it to.
[install Location]\SimPE\SimPe.exe

Which one?
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#190 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 9:05 AM
The top one, that says SimPE- type application. (Your computer has the file extensions hidden for known file types, which is why the .exe bit doesn't show up. If you google this you should be able to find a guide on how to enable the file extensions for your OS, so that it's easier in future.)
Test Subject
#191 Old 3rd Jan 2024 at 10:03 PM
Hello, @ChrisHatch! I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. We live now in very difficult times.

There is currently a war in our country, but we managed to gather a team of enthusiastic translators, and we are translating the Sims 2 into Ukrainian. SimPE helps us a lot in this.

I didn't know that this program is still supported, so sorry if my question is inappropriate. I work with translators from different parts of my country and with different levels of computer knowledge. Therefore, it was decided that I will export each file via the Export button to a text file, and then I insert these files into a Google spreadsheet in which we all work together. This allows translators to translate at any convenient moment, without the need to open and understand the technical issue of localization.

However, I have a problem. In some files, the number of text files reaches several thousand. And it slows down the work a lot if you export them manually one by one. I have not found another way to convert string files into text files. Please tell me if it is possible to export all these files with one button? If you can do that, you'll make our job a LOT easier! Please!

Screenshots
Scholar
#192 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Strangeteam
I have a problem. In some files, the number of text files reaches several thousand. And it slows down the work a lot if you export them manually one by one. I have not found another way to convert string files into text files. Please tell me if it is possible to export all these files with one button? If you can do that, you'll make our job a LOT easier! Please!

Yes, I can do that.
at http://simfileshare.net/folder/77372/ there is two versions of a plugin tool, languagExtractor.plugin.zip is for SimPE versions of 0.75.69.36 or higher, OldLanguagExtractor.plugin.zip is for SimPE versions before that.
Just place the extracted file in SimPe's Plugins Folder and, if you have the right version SimPE should load it.
Inventor
#193 Old 8th Jan 2024 at 5:59 AM
I wish that a batch "uncompressor" existed. The opposite of what "the compressorizer" does. Sometimes I want to search across all BHAV of the objects.package to find a particular call or a GUID. I did that after extracting all files, which nearly brought my file system to its knees (85 thousand files), and I had to do it in packets of a few thousand or the process would hang. I decided I didn't need these files anymore, and now need to repeat the process if I want to search again. The gain from compressing these small files is not as great as with ttabs or blank textures. The resource names would probably load much faster.

I discovered why I couldn't collapse the small panel to the right (resource actions, filter resources). I had ticked the box "Lock docks" in Preferences, which didn't fully lock them, but removed the "pin" button.
Mad Poster
#194 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 9:16 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Chris. Thank you for all your work here.
Inventor
#195 Old 10th Jan 2024 at 1:48 AM
I downloaded the last version available here. It includes a 6 meg GDF.dll plugin for Windows Vista, which is adult content with cartoons of exposed girls and sound files of moaning women who say the f-word. If this Windows plugin is deleted, SimPE doesn't start. lol
Test Subject
#196 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 11:11 AM
Thank you so much Chris! Now we will be able to speed up our translation activities, and it's all thanks to you. Thank you!!! <3
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#197 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
It includes a 6 meg GDF.dll plugin for Windows Vista, which is adult content with cartoons of exposed girls

Chris has been updating SimPE specifically to work with their expansion packs (T&A and A&N), so those bits are designed for that. If you ask nicely, they are sometimes kind enough to release a version with the updated features but minus the adult content. I linked some of the PG versions here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....588#post5810588
Test Subject
#198 Old 15th Feb 2024 at 8:16 PM
Hello, here to also express interest in a SFW version of 77.69 - it is the only version that I can get to properly work for whatever reason. I can deal with the UI images but the explicit moaning is not really my favorite thing (and it scares the crap out of me when I accidentally trigger it lol). Very grateful to Chris Hatch for making that version in the first place since the older versions don't work for me, but if someone knows how to disable the sounds in particular that would be amazing. I like to work on Sims stuff on planes and it's very awkward if I happen to open the UI and I'm paranoid I'll forget to turn the speakers off.
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
#200 Old 16th Feb 2024 at 12:27 AM
I run 0.77.69.9 since it was released... I never heard a sound of any sort in SimPE. What triggers those?

I also am, for some reason, missing the lady in the settings menu.
Page 8 of 9