Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#5526 Old 10th May 2015 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
No it is true, they have lots of stuff. Of course they have been going for years, and they don't have the same depth in say, sims creation etc. From what I understand tho, Freeplay has become another nightmare. I don't play it, but had it installed on my tablet for my daughter for awhile and was always getting updates for this and that.

Are you serious? Oh no....oh no...you mean, not only did I pay money for a game that was missing content from the previous pc games, but I've also paid money for a game that has LESS content than a mobile game?? I'm...I'm so sad, angry, hurt and confused...I feel like EA must die. Time to go into Uma Thurman mode...

Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5527 Old 10th May 2015 at 10:36 PM Last edited by gdayars : 10th May 2015 at 10:39 PM. Reason: more info
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_FreePlay

It is really boring to me, I tried it then let my daughter take it over. I went back to the real Sims ( back before that new mobile Sims game .. I mean Sims 4 came out).

When I say I tried it, I mean for like a half hour so I found it really really boring :D
Field Researcher
#5528 Old 10th May 2015 at 11:37 PM Last edited by BudgieSimBoy : 10th May 2015 at 11:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
I can identify with this. I don't *hate* The Sims 4, really. When I ended up owning it I was even a bit surprised. I expected it to be worse. It could certainly be a lot worse, but however roughly "playable" it is for a short while - it's not very replayable. And the more I played it, the more I saw rough edges and inexplicable missing or disconnected bits. If it had had CAST I might still be playing with the build tools, even now. They lack a lot of content, but the building system seemed pretty solid. There's some good stuff in TS4, it's just held back by the game's overall flabby and patronising design. It's definitely a game that talks down to its players a lot more than previous versions, which kept giving the impression I was too old to be in its target audience.

Agree a 100% I also don't hate Sims 4, for my style of game play and following its two predecessors it feels shallow and small. Seems to have moved away from what made the series great in the first place (If I want a RPG game I will buy a RPG game thanks). After 20 hours I found it did not have any replay ability for me. There are a few goods things in the CAS and Build mode to give the credit but under the game Bonnet where once was a V8 motor it feels like a two stroke lawn motor engine is there now.

Disappointment is the word I would use to describe my feelings towards TS4, and unlike FIFA, Madden, and Many other EA titles there is a 5 year cycle to wait if they decided to go on with TS5
Forum Resident
#5529 Old 11th May 2015 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_FreePlay

I like that at the very top of that page it says "This page has some issues." Immediately, I was like "No sh**?! So do I!" It's sad and very telling when the content of a page makes even the page disgruntled.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
One Minute Ninja'd
#5530 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:09 AM Last edited by eskie227 : 11th May 2015 at 1:28 AM.
I'm sticking this in the Recptacle, rather than the original "positive" thread this poster is trying to foster, because i don't want to bring negativity to a positive thread, but I'll be sure to link to it over there.

Poster a few days ago in this very thread in response to the mod statement of shutting down the Receptacle:
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
Thank you. ]I happen to like the Sims 4 and all of the negativity was getting old real fast. I maintain, if you don't like the game, then go and play the one that you do like. I hated Sims 3, but I never went onto its forums trying to ruin it for those that were enjoying it.

This is the same poster in their thread to day which they started My Thought on Sims 4, and meaning for it to be a haven for positivity:
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
I have been living in the real world for quite a long time, perhaps longer than you by your response. You seem to think that being a bully and being aggressive are effective means of communication. Let me give you a real world tip, aggressive behavior is not the best way to reach people. And no my enjoyment of the game is not affected by others opinions, but as I stated before it does affect the forum. No one is stopping you from expressing your "unique" voice, but you don't need to be nasty in doing so.

So. yeah. Talk one way in one thread, and another elsewhere. Like thanking the mods for shutting this down is not being aggressive or attempting to limit speech? And if I'm being petty, well, fuck it. The hypocrisy around here is being fueled by the mods themselves when they take the step of declaring the Receptacle a "failed experiment" and due to be shut down after some unknown period of time. BTW, has anyone heard the three minute warning on this thread yet?

Oh, and just in case this gets pulled after being inevitably reported to the mods as being "mean", feel free to quote it so it stays around for folks to actually read and judge for themselves. Besides, in the 222 pages, and 5,500 posts in this thread, I have never told someone to go get lost because they didn't "belong here". As a matter of fact, I've seen more acceptance of varying viewpoints about this game in this thread than in any other thread on this entire board. But other posters seem to view that they have some inalienable right when another poster doesn't see things through the same eyes that they have to tell them to butt out of "their" forum.
Mad Poster
#5531 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:11 AM
I'm still mixed about trying it, now that I got an iPad mini. The reviews are pretty lukewarm ... 3.4 out of 5, I believe. That's why I asked about it on another thread outside the SIms series ones. (No place for Free Play here, apparently.) Getting only one response kind of tells me that Sims players .... at least here ... aren't all fuzzy and warm about this game. Apparently, too, at least a couple of players are experiencing glitches and poor customer service. I played Sims Social. Been there, done that.

Though if I'm bored, I might give it a shot. Sims 4 still hasn't wow-ed me, and it seems that many here have a lot of crashes and glitches with Sims 3, though admittedly, that might not be entirely accurate. As far as I know, I don't need Origin to play FreePlay, and it doesn't leave nasty DRM on my tablet. But I'm only guessing here. Unfortunately, with Reclaim Your Game now bowing out, I'd have to do a bit more searching to make sure.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#5532 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:22 AM Last edited by Pary : 11th May 2015 at 1:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I'm sticking this in the Recptacle, rather than the original "positive" thread this poster is trying to foster, because i don't want to bring negativity to a positive thread, but I'll be sure to link to it over there.

Poster a few days ago in this very thread in response to the mod statement of shutting down the Receptacle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota
Thank you.I happen to like the Sims 4 and all of the negativity was getting old real fast. I maintain, if you don't like the game, then go and play the one that you do like. I hated Sims 3, but I never went onto its forums trying to ruin it for those that were enjoying it..

This is the same poster in their thread to day which they started My Thought on Sims 4, and meaning for it to be a haven for positivity:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota
I have been living in the real world for quite a long time, perhaps longer than you by your response. You seem to think that being a bully and being aggressive are effective means of communication. Let me give you a real world tip, aggressive behavior is not the best way to reach people. And no my enjoyment of the game is not affected by others opinions, but as I stated before it does affect the forum. No one is stopping you from expressing your "unique" voice, but you don't need to be nasty in doing so.

So. yeah. Talk one way in one thread, and another elsewhere. Like thanking the mods for shutting this down is not being aggressive or attempting to limit speech? And if I'm being petty, well, fuck it. The hypocrisy around here is being fueled by the mods themselves when they take the step of declaring the Receptacle a "failed experiment" and due to be shut down after some unknown period of time. BTW, has anyone heard the three minute warning on this thread yet?

Oh, and just in case this gets pulled after being inevitably reported to the mods as being "mean", feel free to quote it so it stays around for folks to actually read and judge for themselves. Besides, in the 222 pages, and 5,500 posts in this thread, I have never told someone to go get lost because they didn't "belong here". As a matter of fact, I've seen more acceptance of varying viewpoints about this game in this thread than in any other thread on this entire board. But other posters seem to view that they have some inalienable right when another poster doesn't see things through the same eyes that they have to tell them to butt out of "their" forum.

I was just reading that thread.
Some of the remarks left me shaking my head. WHY do some people seem to think that disliking the game and pointing out its flaws equates to "trying to change their minds" and push them into disliking it too? Is it just self-centered on their part? Everything is all about them? Or do they just have trouble comprehending that remarking upon said flaws is just that - pointing them out and has absolutely nothing to do with people.
It's isn't bullying - a word that is trivialised and thrown around far too often these days. It's not aggressive. You can't even tell in text unless someone is using all caps or a multitude of exclamation marks etc. People begin screaming "bully!" at the slightest opposing opinion these days, and it sickens me.

Also I beg to differ with that last quote. Our so-called "unique" voices ARE being stopped. They're closing this thread down. They move or delete nearly every negative remark about Sims 4, so as not to upset the precious little snowflakes who apparently can't enjoy the game because there are people voicing their opinions that don't like it. Shock horror!
Where are folks supposed to express their dissatisfaction now?
I thought the official boards were bad... at least they just shove all the dissent threads away in the feedback corner and let you get on with it.

Edited messed up quote.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Mad Poster
#5533 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:31 AM
To be honest, I put that user on ignore as soon as they came in here to stir up trouble. I felt like their motive was to bait people, and I don't have time for shenanigans. Life is short, I have limited patience, and I am not a trained professional to fix whatever it is that needs to be fixed. It is outside of my skill level.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#5534 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:48 AM
Is (Mendota) she/he the one disagreeing with everyone's posts, or is this someone else??? ....HAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAA!!! I'ma drink some more f#@& it juice. It really helps me stay in a good mood.

How are y'all doing?
Forum Resident
#5535 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:52 AM
I'm not bothered about disagrees. People aren't always going to agree with what I say or what I believe. It doesn't affect me, or my enjoyment of posting on the boards and interacting with people.
Quite the opposite sometimes - I like people to explain why they disagree, because sometimes I can see things through a "fresh pair of eyes" so to speak.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Mad Poster
#5536 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by awesomechick979

How are y'all doing?

I'm ok. I just got off the phone with the dad & stepmom. It amazes me that they listen so politely when I talk The Sims with them. They have no clue what I'm talking about, but they just roll with it.

Field Researcher
#5537 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I'm ok. I just got off the phone with the dad & stepmom. It amazes me that they listen so politely when I talk The Sims with them. They have no clue what I'm talking about, but they just roll with it.

Same with my mom
Scholar
#5538 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by awesomechick979
How are y'all doing?

I am waiting to be informed when exactly this thread closes down.

I don't want to abandon it too soon, or to give the impression that I do not care about it. It's weird actually, going from "why does this thread even exists" (seeing how dumping all the criticism in one thread is not freedom of speech) to "I don't want it to go down" (seeing how freedom of speech is/was in full effect here), but that's where I am atm - in this weird corner.

So, I'll use this opportunity to ask: mods, when are you closing The Receptacle?

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#5539 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:18 AM
It kind of reminds me of waiting for the electric chair. (Not that I ever have. Well, at least not in this life.)

Top Secret Researcher
#5540 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:21 AM
Your opinion of a video game do influence others' enjoyment. Their future enjoyment.

If a substantial amount of people buy and enjoy (or even just not return it for a refund) a game that requires online connection, there is a high chance installments and sequels in that series will require online connection.

If a substantial amount of people buy DLC, DLC will continue.

The real debate is "Should individuals reconsider their opinions of video games with largely negative reviews?" We already know the answer to the former question.

Let's not replace the truth with feel-good responses. The opinions of TS4 will shape its development and TS5.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#5541 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:31 AM
I see! So, they feel threatened because of what could potentially happen.

Unfortunately, they will have to come to terms with the fact that some people are not able to force false feelings for something that they, themselves, love. Plus, turning hostile against people who don't love it isn't the best approach to winning people over. It would be better for them to turn their attention to the developer instead and try to convince them to do a better job.

Mad Poster
#5542 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:34 AM
Thing about attention whores, they are amusing for the time to read their posts and after that their objectives is quite apparent, that's when it's annoying. Mendota had no purpose to post in this thread but to rub our noses in it, that is meaner than anything we have said against Sims 4. The mods allow it and probably cheering from their vantage point. I wish them well and hope they enjoyed the laugh.

This site can kiss rocks for all I care.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#5543 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:46 AM Last edited by Pary : 11th May 2015 at 6:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I see! So, they feel threatened because of what could potentially happen.

Unfortunately, they will have to come to terms with the fact that some people are not able to force false feelings for something that they, themselves, love. Plus, turning hostile against people who don't love it isn't the best approach to winning people over. It would be better for them to turn their attention to the developer instead and try to convince them to do a better job.

Not to mention that right now, in this minute, they're enjoying the game as it is. And lack of DLC that may or may not appear in the future doesn't mean that they still wont be able to enjoy the game five or ten minutes from now, or five years from now.
Opinions of others about the state of the game should have no bearing on their like or dislike, unless they feel the need for validation. In which case, they probably have bigger problems than other people not liking a game.

I have no problems with people loving Sims 4. I am happy for them that they do, and I hope they get lots of enjoyment from it. As stated numerous, numerous times by myself and others, that some folks just simply don't seem to get... I don't ( and have never ) go into threads and purposely attempt or make it a mission to destroy anyone's enjoyment, and I don't think anyone in the receptacle has ever done so either ( unless its been a random troll doing it )
However, I don't see why I, or anyone else that loves the series and is appalled and disappointed by this iteration, should sit there with a frozen fake smile, and pretend that everything is hunky dory, when we'd like to talk amongst ourselves about why we're disappointed, and what we think could be done differently, or even whine about how EA doesn't listen to us.

For example, I was invited to come and join a forum for Australian Simmers after the Aussie official boards were infested by trolls from the US boards. I went, and I posted a few times, but I stopped going, because I didn't fit in there. Not because I didn't like the people, they are lovely. It was because they all really enjoy Sims 4, even though they're aware of its issues, and I can't stand it ( Not sure if they knew that ) but I didn't want to spoil their enjoyment by being unable to be enthusiastic. There were no threads there, like this one, where I could confine my postings, and I didn't think it was right to cover their boards with my dissatisfaction even though I'm quite sure they would have taken it with good grace.
So I simply just removed myself and faded away, without going into any threads and gleefully announcing my intention to leave because their enthusiasm was spoiling anything, or annoying me.
I'm not that petty.

Edited to add more random waffle.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Mad Poster
#5544 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:49 AM
Okay seriously. Who is the serial disagreer in here XD
Top Secret Researcher
#5545 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:53 AM
Hostility towards those who enjoy the game is not necessary. I take back the aggression I displayed towards those in the old thread.

Focusing our attention on the developer, however, is a dead end. EA only responds to money.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Instructor
#5546 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Focusing our attention on the developer, however, is a dead end. EA only responds to money.

It is unfortunate that EA only has thoughts of money on their minds, and don't bother to take in customer concerns. At least Valve, even with the piss-poor Customer Service on Steam (something that Origin does well, ironically) had the right mindset to back off of the paid mods debacle and discontinue that service.
Mad Poster
#5547 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Hostility towards those who enjoy the game is not necessary. I take back the aggression I displayed towards those in the old thread.

I don't believe that I hold any aggression for those who truly enjoy the game. Although, I do admit to giving the side-eye to those who seem to be operating under some kind of cult mentality. But that is nothing new for me. I have been giving those people the side-eye since even before there was a Sims 4.

Theorist
#5548 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:27 AM
I have a problem with aggressive, rude people who project all their crap onto others. Other than that, I could care less whether people like this game or not.

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Thing about attention whores, they are amusing for the time to read their posts and after that their objectives is quite apparent, that's when it's annoying. Mendota had no purpose to post in this thread but to rub our noses in it, that is meaner than anything we have said against Sims 4. The mods allow it and probably cheering from their vantage point. I wish them well and hope they enjoyed the laugh.

This site can kiss rocks for all I care.

I love this so much! If you find another site you like to hang out on, I'd be honored to hang out on it with you. Please post a link on the off-topic thread if you find a nice spot.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#5549 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:51 AM
Wow, I stop reading for a few days and this is what happens! I'll miss this thread. And honestly, I wish that I could love Sims 4. I really, really do. I don't want to dislike a Sims game. But I can't deny my lack of enthusiasm and how I've played it so little that I haven't even played through one generation yet.

I'm not one to complain about freedom of speech on a message board, but I do think this is an upsetting decision by the moderators. It reminds me of the official forums, and there's a reason I don't post there.

Also, to the people who say that we should have been vocal about the game from the beginning, I clearly remember a lot of the same people in this thread linking to and signing a petition about toddlers and, IIRC, pools.
Theorist
#5550 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:26 AM
I'm very interested in what's gonna to happen post-Receptable. The negative opinions and energy won't just fade away, although I think they strenghten each other when spoken out in this way. I actually think the problem of negativity everywhere will show up. Ironically, the reason to keep this thread open in the first place, to concentrate the problem in one controllable place. I don't really think this is a wise decision.

And do I as a series fan f.e. go, having some relatively minor issues about the game and just want to complain on a normal level? In the Sims 5 or an ideas for an EP thread in reversed way (I would like to see this instead of I miss this)?

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Locked thread
Page 222 of 223