Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 2

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Site News (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Performing Arts Bimonthly Theme (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=595250)

gdayars 1st Jun 2017 1:28 AM

Performing Arts Bimonthly Theme

Hello Fellow Simmers!

MTS is proud to announce that we are bringing back themes! As of June 1, 2017 we are starting a series of new themes, each lasting for 2 months.
There will be a special extended one that lasts over the holidays however, only to begin anew in January of next year.

After much heated debate (actually we took a poll) we decided on Performing Arts for the first one. Of course, the gigantic banner up above is probably a good clue which one won

Build a theater, create an instrument, make a costume, be creative in a multitude of ways! We look forward to seeing what the community comes up with
Be sure to put #themeperformingarts in your hash tags though, and mention that any uploads are part of the new theme so we don't miss any!

As usual, contributors will receive a shiny new Achievement Sticker for their collections

Zarathustra 1st Jun 2017 2:18 AM

*Wonders about maybe finishing up the theatre from my university campus and posting that to get in on this contest / get feedback from the larger community on the styles I'm using for that project...

Liz 1st Jun 2017 3:09 AM

This is wonderful news! I was just getting into creating and participating in these when they were pulled and was so bummed. Humongous thanks, mods and site staff, for bringing back themes! As a creator I enjoy how they inspire projects I might not otherwise have planned, and as a downloader I love the great goodies they bring! Cheers, and thanks again! (^_^)

Red Sonja 1st Jun 2017 3:12 AM

I'm sure I could think of something......

InLovewithRed 1st Jun 2017 8:14 AM

Awesome!! I cannot wait to get started!

freidapearl 2nd Jun 2017 2:16 AM

Sounds interesting.....looking forward to trying this out.

k2m1too 3rd Jun 2017 3:28 AM

I'm glad to see the themes back. I haz ideas...

maxon 5th Jun 2017 1:18 PM

ooooo - I'm sure I can think of something.

CatherineTCJD 5th Jun 2017 4:27 PM

Oh! Oh! Oooooh! YAY!!! I can't wait

gdayars 11th Jun 2017 1:31 AM

@Delphy would you mind putting the banner in the first post of this thread across the site please?

AGuyCalledPi 13th Jun 2017 4:24 PM

Does a TV studio qualify as a venue for the performing of an art?

gdayars 13th Jun 2017 5:56 PM

Yes it does @GrijzePilion

AGuyCalledPi 13th Jun 2017 6:05 PM

Great, I'll get right on it.

itskatie 13th Jun 2017 6:55 PM

As an aspiring singer/Broadway actress myself, this excites the hell out of me! Can't wait to get started!

bassoon_crazy 14th Jun 2017 3:23 PM

Oooh. Someone please do a woodwind instrument! You'd win for sure, at least for me. Lol.

zlatushka 15th Jun 2017 7:05 PM

Yes, this is so cool! And a great opportunity for me to finally finish the Kabuki theater I started building AGES ago! :D

ankoyume 18th Jun 2017 5:28 PM

Wonderful idea ! I wouldn't have enought time to participate if it was one month long only. And the theme is great too. Thanks !

badusername2000 21st Jun 2017 12:40 AM

I know I won't be able to contribute anything (because I'm not good at making things) but its good to see themes again.

AGuyCalledPi 21st Jun 2017 1:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by badusername2000
I know I won't be able to contribute anything (because I'm not good at making things) but its good to see themes again.

Especially if there's a theme you like, and a content creator you like decides to make new CC based around it. Like that one time the monthly theme was Chuck Norris. Obviously I'll have to pitch in with ideas:

- the future (in a Into The Future sort of way)
- the past (in a 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff sort of way)
- Chuck Norris's colleagues (in an 80s action movie sort of way, and I'd pitch in the building from Die Hard)

TotsInc 25th Jun 2017 12:06 AM

These themes not only inspire creativity, but teamwork too! @gdayars and I (justJones) have started a mod team because of it :P

cord11 25th Jun 2017 10:20 PM

Oh a whole 2 months? Awesome, I'll actually have time to make something after getting a new laptop, yes!

Of course I'll have to figure out what to make, plus see how busy my social life is. :P

emmyjulia 27th Jun 2017 8:05 PM

Ohh how come I didn't notice this earlier? I have an awesome idea!

Alrunia 6th Jul 2017 3:17 PM

I'm building a venue that includes space for performing, but where performing is not the focus of it all - a large park with a bandstand to be exact. Would that fall under the theme or not?

gdayars 6th Jul 2017 7:53 PM

Am not sure. It would depend on what percentage of the lot was theme based probably

Hellfrozeover 13th Jul 2017 10:30 AM

Great I have some CC that I might be able to adapt to this!