Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 9:16 PM
Default Need a better understanding of animations and Jazz files.
Greetings,
While creating my custom career I encountered some difficulty about the animations of some interactions.

So, long story short, I am using military career as base along with two others which are fine.
About the military career, there are sparring and training dummy interactions which need a special animation to play.
Code:
n="mixer_Social_MilitaryCareer_Spar" s="204125"
n="si_TrainingDummy_PracticeFighting" s="203185"
n="si_TrainingDummy_PracticeFightingWith_Fight_Fighter1" s="203220"
n="si_TrainingDummy_PracticeFightingWith_Fight_Fighter2" s="203302"

So, I made some research and I could extract the animation tunings and the jazz file but I wish to understand how they work. I looked upon them and I want to make sure I packed everything right.

So, another long story short, I wish to use the base animations for military career directly in my career files, so that even without StrangerVille, it is playable.
I have extracted all the animations for both female and male, but the jazz file mentions something I fear I don't understand well.

Code:
<IkConfiguration name="a2a_soc_T_militaryCareer_spar_All.ma">
    <SourceFile name="a2a_soc_T_militaryCareer_spar_All.ma">
      <MapNamespace namespace="x" actor="x" />
      <MapNamespace namespace="y" actor="y" />
    </SourceFile>
  </IkConfiguration>

I extracted everything "a2a_soc_T_militaryCareer_spar_xx" but how about the "All"part?
I remember when extracting animations, it always showed "a2a_soc_T_militaryCareer_spar_All.blend" and I renamed to the correct file name.
I would like to know what the "All" is.

Ah, I would also like some guidance because I am sure I am doing everything wrong. Once I finish the animation part, the career will be completed, and I am very anxious if I have to give up packing the base animations.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 9:34 PM
There isn't documentation on how ASM/Jazz files work, and not much on functional animations, so I can't link anything unfortunately. What I do know though is that you don't need to do anything crazy to make them BGC, although you might get into trouble if you are uploading on MTS as they don't allow you to make stuff BGC without changing something, it goes against EA's TOU. If it doesn't work even after packing them into the file, you may need to change the instance of the ASM, not sure though.

The "a2a_soc_T_militaryCareer_spar_All.ma" is not an animation as far as I know. I believe the All might mean "this info" for all animations related to sparring, but I'm not quite sure.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 4:25 PM
Thank you again for the help. I didn't know about this part of the TOU.

Well, I am not an animation artist, so I think I will have to give up the idea then.
I will find something to replace the interaction.

It was a long project, and I am still happy it is coming to an end.