Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 6:33 AM Last edited by daisylee : 27th Dec 2019 at 6:51 AM.
Default World Crashes Just At One Location
I have been working and working on a major redo of a prior world I made. I have worked extensively darn near all over the prior areas and the new ones. I have some lots going up a hillside with ponds and planned to have waterfalls dropping down between them. Have done this in other worlds with no problems. I may have had the waterfalls in this revision back when but in some save that is long gone. They are not there now and I need to add them or the area will look ridiculous without them.

Problem is when I pan CAW to that location it crashes every darn time. It does not crash anywhere else in this world. So it cannot be any of the usual reasons for CAW to crash such as memory, bad CC, whatever. Any help will be appreciated as I really need to be able to get into this area. I can get to those lots in EIG with no problem.

------
edit: I just tried to sneak in from the back to this location and was able to see that there are some falls. I carefully spun around and yes I did put in 2 pathetic little ones back when that started. But they need to be filled in. As soon as I tried to creep back to that area, crash.

I do know that in another world I did you would have to camera in and out one time to start the falls. So this world may need that, but I still need to be able to get into that area to do more work.

----
Just looked at the error. Why would be there be an access error for only one small part of a world and not for the rest of it?

[Exception info]
date: 2019-12-26
time: 22.25.00
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000003
address: 0x10919be0 "D:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\Sims3Common.dll":0x0001:0x00918be0
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 3:30 PM
It may not be anyone's favorite option, but can your camera look at that area at all or does it crash as soon as it's in view?

If you can look towards it, turn the box view on, and try deleting the lots. See if you can go over there, if no, undo and delete other objects and see if it's something like that. I can't help with the error message sadly.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 12:27 AM
Thank you for the response. I can see the area from the distance with no problems, but when I move to that location, by some waterfalls, CAW crashes. May try some test deletions later and see what happens. Will have to delete the lots in EIG. Will let you know what happens. In the meantime I am working on another world......... that is not crashing so far.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 6:36 AM
Did you place a very narrow lot there? This is what happens for me when I encounter long but narrow lots in worlds.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 1:50 PM
Could very much be corrupt lots- had that issue with one of my lots, and had to revert to an earlier version.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 8:16 AM
Have not had time to look into this again as so much going on in real life. The 2 lots in the area are normal size and I do not think I have even built on one of them yet. I do have some narrow lots in the world but not at that location. When things settle down a bit I will have to get back to this. Thank you for the replies.