Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 1:28 PM Last edited by zoe22 : 16th Sep 2019 at 8:35 PM.
Default (please help) Problems with sunshadows
Hi,
So I have made a chair and an edit of that chair, and when I was testing the second version I noticed the sunshadows were still not quite right. I edited the posOffset and posScale values for both, and so the actual shadow on the ground looks correct to me, but in certain directions, some of the shadow crosses over the top of the chairs.

I cannot use TSRW for making the shadows as when I have tried, it just had an error and ended up ruining the project, so I used the blender tools to make the shadow, and scaled it down slightly in the z axis to make sure it fits in the 2x2x2 blender units frame.
I followed Butterbot's tutorial on calculating and editing the posOffset and posScale values.

After I did this, the shadows in game were correctly scaled and weren't floating away from the chair itself. But I noticed in some directions, especially when the chair is facing the sun, there is a bit of a shadow on the top of the chair.

I would really appreciate some help in figuring this out, so if anyone has any idea about what could cause this, please let me know

I have attached the package files for the chairs in case it helps to have a closer look at them, and a screenshot of the problem.

Here are my calculations for the posOffset and posScale values:

Thanks
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  zoeoe_chairs.zip (1.76 MB, 3 downloads) - View custom content