Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 8:15 PM
Fixing Transparency and Changing Missing Footprint? (Punching Bag)
I'm currently trying to turn the World Adventures training dummy into a punching bag. However, I'm running into two problems:

1. Fixing transparencies.

The chain has a transparency, but it doesn't show in-game.

I've already set the alpha mask threshold to 200, but it doesn't work.

2. Fixing and changing the Footprint.

I cloned the training bag in TSRW 2.017 and it throws me this error:

The object still exports properly, and sims can use the object normally.

However, they still use the original routing footprint, and as the new object is differently shaped- sims now kick air.

How would I be able to fix the missing footprint and shift it so that sims would be able to kick and punch the bag?

Attached below is the file- thanks!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TrainingDummy_TSRW2017.zip (178.5 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 8:56 PM
If you use S3OC to clone the training dummy it should work. I got the item to load in TSRW with all parts intact. TSRW must be corrupting the data some how. About the transparency, I'm not sure. I would try again with the cloned version and see if that works.

Honey...The cat is in the tree again!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 12:50 AM
@mspoodle1

Looks like that worked! I guess it was the poisoned root that made everything not work.

Strange thing now though- if I try to change the route entry, sim break their arms.

Also, the object no longer animates. Hmmm...
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
@mspoodle1

Looks like that worked! I guess it was the poisoned root that made everything not work.

Strange thing now though- if I try to change the route entry, sim break their arms.

Also, the object no longer animates. Hmmm...

Could be that the Route Entries and Footprints are tied to the animations. So if you change one it throws everything off. I would try moving the same increments for both the Route Entries and Footprints and see if that works. If not, then you will have to move the mesh to fit the predefined points for Route Entries and Footprints.

Honey...The cat is in the tree again!