Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 3:26 AM
Default BV Jewelry - available in CAS but not store - is there a fix?
Hello,

So I downloaded the beautiful earrings you can find here: https://drewinthesky.tumblr.com/pos...-into-jewels-hi

Unfortunately, they are only available in CAS - when I go to the store in game, my sims can't buy them.

Almost all of my sims are born in game; I'd really love to use these but I don't know if there is a fix. Please let me know

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 4:14 AM
Are you sure those are classified as jewelry and not regular accessories? (I can't open that site atm)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 2:03 PM
Yup - in CAS they are there with the rest of my earrings, but they just aren't appearing from the jewelry stand in game.

The link works for me... not sure how to fix it. I found them originally via Pinterest
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 2:29 PM
I've looked at tutorials regarding converting accessories to BV jewelry, but I don't understand how to use SimPE at all.

"Basically you need to edit 3 values in the Mesh Overlay XML (XMOL):

-subtype (always 8)

-category (always 137f)

-bin (this is the value that changes according to the type of accessory, 32 is for left bracelet, 34 for necklaces etc.)"

I don't know how to open the Mesh Overlay XML to find these values and see if they are correct or what.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 3:05 PM
If you have SimPE you either open the file via the menu, or click-and-drag the file into the program. You should have the resource tree (RT) to the left, resource view (RW) to the right, and the plugin view tab selected at the bottom. Then click on the Mesh Overlay text in RT, then in RW, and you should get a list of text including age, bin, category, etc. In the Plugin View at the bottom.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 8:51 PM
If you can't buy them from a regular rack, perhaps they've been assigned to one of the vacation racks? Also editing jewellery is far, far easier in Wardrobe Wrangler than SimPE. Like, one click of a button easier.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 12:15 AM
So you have a link for wardrobe Wrangler?
Instructor
#8 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
So you have a link for wardrobe Wrangler?

https://sims.jfade.com/index.php-ca...1&subcat=5.html
Forum Resident
#9 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 2:43 AM
Could be that they used the mesh from the jewelry that you can't buy, but can find while searching for seashells.