Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 12:08 AM
Default Conversion from the sims 2
Hello!
I've been working on this all day, but i've got an issue that I can't fix. Indeed, as you can see in the picture, there are some grey spots on the texture that I can't manage to fixe. I removed the shine and all, but this won't budge. Any clue?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 9:18 AM
Have no any ideas and have no any experience in conversions from the Sims 2. Let's try to summon @TheJim07 or @simsi45 here who is much experienced.
Regards. Vic ^_^
*blends with crowd*

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Have no any ideas and have no any experience in conversions from the Sims 2. Let's try to summon @TheJim07 or @simsi45 here who is much experienced.
Regards. Vic ^_^
*blends with crowd*

I am summoned, I appear!
Hi ,

I'm not sure but I think the problem is that the "doubleside" paramater is enabled in your mesh data.
Can you send the file in order I check it ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 3:50 PM
Hey! Thanks for your answer. Which file do you need? The package or the actual mesh?
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 7:37 PM
The package please
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 8:48 PM
Okay, here you go! If you manage to fix this would you mind explaining how you dit it? Thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  titanarum.rar (362.3 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 9:11 AM
So the "DoubleSided" parameter is actually enabled. I will explain you how to disable it. I recommend you delete all swatches except one and add them after the modifications (this will save time).
- Open the package in S4S
- In the Warehouse tab, find the Model LOD with the group 00000000
- To the right, click on the Data tab then on Meshes : Edit Items
- To the left, click on Phong then find the Material/Resource/Entries lines and click on Edit items
- To the left, select "VariantId:set1-materialvariant, StateId: Default,..." (this means you select the swatch 1) and click on Edit items
- Select the "DoubleSided" line and change value to 0, and click on Save
- Select the "VariantId:set1-materialvariant, StateId: Burnt,..." (this means you select the swatch 1 with the burnt material) and click on Edit items
- Again, select "DoubleSided" and change value to 0, and click on Save
- Click Save on each window to return to the main window.
- In the Warehouse tab, find the Model LOD with the group 00000001
- Repeat all steps from "select Pong" to "Save"
- In the Warehouse tab, find the Model (without LOD) and click on "Lods" line : Edit Items
- Select "LowDetail Flags:None" and click on "Meshes" line : Edit Items
- Repeat all steps from "select Pong" to "Save"

This is finally over ! Tell me if it will fix the problem
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 11:04 PM
Okay so I followed your tutorial and it works perfectly! You're awesome, thanks! I'm going to upload it right now :3
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 7:08 AM
You are welcome