Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2019 at 7:24 PM
Default Extracting Items from Store Worlds
I hope I can explain this properly...
What I would like to do is extract a single item, in this case, a dress from a store world without installing the entire world and its content. Is this an option? --- Several years ago there was a post on the original Sims3 forums where someone had a post breaking down each item from a world. When pasting it into the address bar at the end of the sims 3 store website it would take you to a page to view the item as an individual download.

I tried to defrag the store world, however, that is a lot of content to sift through to find what I'm looking for... is there an easier way?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th May 2019 at 11:04 PM
Do you know the name of the dress you want? You might be able to find an edited or maternity enabled version if you google it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2019 at 1:58 AM
If you want a brute-force solution, you could just use the Sims3Pack Multi Installer to extract everything and turn every item into individual packages.

However, they aren't named, so you'll need to go through them in S3PE and see if it's what you want.

I'm definitely looking for more elegant solutions though!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th May 2019 at 4:30 AM
Well, true I could probably find the dress that has been edited, however, I was really hoping to find a workaround that can be used for all worlds. Right now I'm interested in pulling a few items from Midnight Hollow so I won't have to install the whole world and have the trees and plants that I won't use creating clutter. I change out my game playing style so next time I might want Midnight Hollow but not want everything from Sunlit Tides.

jje1000 - Wouldn't this be the same as defragging the world and then trying out each individual file till you find what you're looking for or is this different?

I had bookmarked the thread on the Sims3 forums but it appears they have removed the bookmark sections on their page. Wish I could find it so I could post the conversation as an example.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th May 2019 at 5:29 AM
It's a bit tedious but not too bad, as I usually just navigate to the ICON tag in S3PE to quickly check what the object is.
Scholar
#6 Old 19th May 2019 at 4:54 PM
Here are maternity enabled Midnight Hollow clothes that are BG compatible.
https://thecupthatiscake.tumblr.com...outfits-a-shirt
Instructor
#7 Old 19th May 2019 at 9:08 PM
Kent converts does a lot of converting of game stuff to other ages and adding maternity morphs, Midnight Hollow is on his to-do but he may have done some already. Or maybe if you pm him he will tell you how he extracts the stuff, maybe he knows a shortcut. I love his stuff, he does an awesome job with the conversions.

And those are awesome tuna, will have to grab them when I get a new computer.
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th May 2019 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HereKittyKittyKitty
I hope I can explain this properly...
What I would like to do is extract a single item, in this case, a dress from a store world without installing the entire world and its content. Is this an option? --- Several years ago there was a post on the original Sims3 forums where someone had a post breaking down each item from a world. When pasting it into the address bar at the end of the sims 3 store website it would take you to a page to view the item as an individual download.

I tried to defrag the store world, however, that is a lot of content to sift through to find what I'm looking for... is there an easier way?

You can easily download individual items without downloading the entire world (or set). Here’s how:

1. Open the Sims 3 Launcher.
2. Go to the store website and sign in.
3. Go to the page of the World that contains the item you want to download.
4. Click on the Items tab.
5. Right Click somewhere on the white page border (not on the items) and select View Page Source. A new tab will open. Scroll down a little more than half way on the page. Here you will see the items listed. Find the item you want and look for OFB-SIM3: (You can just search the page for OFB-SIM3: and that will take you to the beginning of the list). Next to that is the item number. For example, the toy machine from Midnight Hollow is number 69433.
6. Write down the numbers of the items you want to download.
7. Copy OFB-SIM3: to the clipboard.
8. Open a new tab.
9. In the address bar, paste OFB-SIM3: and the number you want to download. For the toy machine you would paste OFB-SIM3:69433.
10. Hit enter.
11. The item will now download to the Launcher.
12. Close the Tab. You Must open a new tab for each item you want to download.

Have fun!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th May 2019 at 9:04 PM
Tuna and Mandelyn... I checked out both of the sites and this is great options! I love how the creators have expanded the age groups and added maternity, very useful!

Fizzypop.. Thank you! I figured there was a workaround I just wasn't sure how to go about it. Thank you for the detailed instructions!!

This will keep me busy for a while