Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2019 at 12:23 PM
Default Seeking TOU for AnoeskaB
Does anyone know if @AnoeskaB is active anywhere? I've modded the canvases in the more functional easels superset to be shiftable and would like to release it, with permission if it's possible to get it, or, at least, knowing the TOU of the creator. I know that others already tweaked this to add other easels, but I'm not sure anyone has made the canvases shiftable before, so any info appreciated.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th May 2019 at 1:53 PM
I don't use those easels but Chris Hatch did make CJH_PaintedCanvasHeightAdjustable(AL) which I use. It has allowed me to adjust the heights of completed easel paintings from any easel I have tried - Maxis and the custom ones I do use. It might be worth trying to see if it would work for those easels.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Inventor
#3 Old 13th May 2019 at 2:11 PM
https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/AnoeskaB/

"My creations may be used in your uploaded lots here on TSR, giving credit is appreciated. Some of my Sims 2 creations are not suitable for upoading in lots, because they need extra objects to function properly (like the painting easels that need custom canvasses). If you have doubts, just ask me.

Redistribution and cloning of my creations is not allowed. If you upload a recolor of my meshes, you need to place a link to the original meshes, don't include them with your recolors.

And last but not least: Have a lot of fun with my creations!"
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2019 at 5:25 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 13th May 2019 at 5:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
I don't use those easels but Chris Hatch did make CJH_PaintedCanvasHeightAdjustable(AL) which I use. It has allowed me to adjust the heights of completed easel paintings from any easel I have tried - Maxis and the custom ones I do use. It might be worth trying to see if it would work for those easels.

Thank you. Do you have a link to one by Chris Hatch? I've not been able to find it. I did find Goggalor's and am testing that, but the work on the canvases is already done, so for my own use, it doesn't matter. EDIT: No, this one does not appear to work on these canvases, while mine does.

Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/AnoeskaB/

"My creations may be used in your uploaded lots here on TSR, giving credit is appreciated. Some of my Sims 2 creations are not suitable for upoading in lots, because they need extra objects to function properly (like the painting easels that need custom canvasses). If you have doubts, just ask me.

Redistribution and cloning of my creations is not allowed. If you upload a recolor of my meshes, you need to place a link to the original meshes, don't include them with your recolors.

And last but not least: Have a lot of fun with my creations!"

Thank you. I almost never use TSR so didn't even think to look around there more.

I'm still not really sure about this. Originally, this item was a pay item at TSR and now nothing is. It has also clearly already been re-distributed in files with other easels. For example, here in this file. I also can't think of any reason why the creator would not want it updated to work with AL at this late date.

Does anyone have a opinion on whether it's ok to share this small modification?
Theorist
#5 Old 13th May 2019 at 7:19 PM
I'm not much help on answerin your posed question... but upon googlin I found these... have you seen them?

https://fracturedmoonlight.tumblr.c...ty-available-in

Since I believe Fractured Moonlight is still an active simmer maybe you could get permission to tweak these instead
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th May 2019 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I'm not much help on answerin your posed question... but upon googlin I found these... have you seen them?

https://fracturedmoonlight.tumblr.c...ty-available-in

Since I believe Fractured Moonlight is still an active simmer maybe you could get permission to tweak these instead

These are the ones I linked above that are using AnoeskaB's canvases, the same one that is clearly redistributing those canvases. They use the same files I have already modded and my mod works with all of these easels.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th May 2019 at 1:12 AM
No, she is a featured artist like I said on the other thread. featured artists are a no go here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2019 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No, she is a featured artist like I said on the other thread. featured artists are a no go here.

I don't know what that means.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th May 2019 at 2:22 AM
Her TOU on TSR "Redistribution and cloning of my creations is not allowed."

MTS policy is to follow TSR site policy which says featured artists (she is one) items may not be redistributed.

Meaning you can't upload the shiftable paintings to MTS.

If you want to know about elsewhere you could try contacting her but since she left 9 years ago I doubt you will get a reply. I am assuming most tweaks to her set were simply done and released without permission. After 6 months of silence MTS considers that a creator has left and stuff is up for grabs (except TSR featured artists stuff because that policy is TSR's, not the creators)

IMO upload it to Tumblr and don't worry about it. If she cared she would have been back to say something in the past 9 years.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th May 2019 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

IMO upload it to Tumblr and don't worry about it. If she cared she would have been back to say something in the past 9 years.

Yeah, I think so, too. I've never tried to share stuff here, anyway.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th May 2019 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Yeah, I think so, too. I've never tried to share stuff here, anyway.

That brings up something that puzzles me. If you've never uploaded anything here (and there are indeed no uploads on your profile), then why do you have the 'creator' artist's palette?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th May 2019 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That brings up something that puzzles me. If you've never uploaded anything here (and there are indeed no uploads on your profile), then why do you have the 'creator' artist's palette?

I have no idea how those things are done. I did create for a Secret Santa and a building challenge and tutorials... but, yeah... I don't know.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 14th May 2019 at 7:06 AM
Thank you. Do you have a link to one by Chris Hatch? I've not been able to find it.

I have no link - it was on BAS - but I do have the original zip file from Aug 15, 2016. Chris made it by request. Perhaps someone may be interested in adding it to his Family Friendly section here if I send it to them?

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th May 2019 at 8:05 AM
I have no idea how those things are done. I did create for a Secret Santa and a building challenge and tutorials... but, yeah... I don't know.

Hmm, maybe it's tutorials. I've seen it on a few people with no actual uploads.

I have no link - it was on BAS - but I do have the original zip file from Aug 15, 2016. Chris made it by request. Perhaps someone may be interested in adding it to his Family Friendly section here if I send it to them?

Smorbie was the one who made an archive of the family friendly stuff.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th May 2019 at 11:38 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 14th May 2019 at 1:13 PM.
Hmm, maybe it's tutorials. I've seen it on a few people with no actual uploads.

I would have guessed the Secret Santa, if anything, but I'm not concerned about that sort of thing, Charity. If you are disturbed by it, you are welcome to attempt to remove it.

---------------------

I've shared the shiftable canvases on my Simblr. As I said there, if there's an issue, I'm happy to take them down, but this is a simple tweak that fixes a long time issue, so sharing it seems reasonable to me. All credit to the original creator, of course.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th May 2019 at 4:30 PM
I would have guessed the Secret Santa, if anything, but I'm not concerned about that sort of thing, Charity. If you are disturbed by it, you are welcome to attempt to remove it.

Don't be ridiculous. I was just curious because I am a nosy person.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 14th May 2019 at 6:15 PM
Don't be ridiculous. I was just curious because I am a nosy person.

I'm glad you asked, Charity. I was wondering about the 'orange creator name' for the longest time too.
...just because I'm curious! I like knowing! :D
Theorist
#18 Old 14th May 2019 at 7:27 PM

How 'bout this one... I have 2 creator palettes and all I did was make a few houses (and helped with the HBG hoods), but my stuff is piddly compared to some of the creators .... lol. :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 14th May 2019 at 11:38 PM
It would be the secret Santa and CaliBrat it doesn't matter how many items you have uploaded, even if it had been one tiny starter house, that's still would equal an orange name. The two pallets must be a glitch or something lol.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th May 2019 at 12:43 PM
@HobbesED could you please share that file by Chris? That would be really nice
Forum Resident
#21 Old 19th May 2019 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aileena
@HobbesED could you please share that file by Chris? That would be really nice

@Aileena I've sent you a PM.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th May 2019 at 4:26 PM
@Aileena I've sent you a PM.

Why not share it @HobbesED? If it fixes these canvases, that would be very helpful to know.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 19th May 2019 at 4:58 PM
Smorbie was the one who made an archive of the family friendly stuff.
Why not share it @HobbesED? If it fixes these canvases, that would be very helpful to know.
Best thing might be to PM a link to @smorbie1 so she can add it to her archive of Chris's family-friendly stuff.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 19th May 2019 at 9:33 PM
Thanks AndrewGloria. I have now sent a PM to smorbie1. No one had expressed any further interest in his mod so I hadn't bothered to follow up before.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Alchemist
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th May 2019 at 10:57 PM
Thanks AndrewGloria. I have now sent a PM to smorbie1. No one had expressed any further interest in his mod so I hadn't bothered to follow up before.

Ok, @HobbesED, let me make it clear I'm interested since asking twice wasn't enough. Please let us know when and where we can find it.
Page 1 of 2