Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2019 at 8:49 PM
Default Mermaid's dad looks like his daughter in mer-form
Ok, so I made a family of mermaids, but made the main mermaid before the rest of the family. I saved her to the bin and then cloned her a few time to adjust features more easily to create a convincing family. Problem is? Both of the males in the family look just like the daughter when they transform into mermen, and editing this outfit seems to treat their mermaid form as a female body type, showing the female clothing instead of male.

Is there anyway to get the mermaid form to recognize that these sims are male and use the male body type and clothing?
His appearance on the left and his mermaid form on the right.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 3rd May 2019 at 11:50 AM
Do you have Nraas Master controller? If not try using that mod. You can temporarily remove mermaid state from them and then re-add the mermaid state. Lets hope that then the appropriate body will be assigned.
Click sim - Nraas - MC - Intermediate - Occult remove, unpauze and the add the occult the same way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2019 at 4:53 AM
Thank you! I'll give that a shot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2019 at 11:53 PM
Tested this today. It sadly did not work. Is there someway to remove the mermaid outfit entirely or will I need to re-make the sim?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2019 at 12:31 AM
Ok, I actually solved this myself. For anyone who has a similar problem the way I fixed it was to place the original library family down in the world. Switch household to the new copy of the family and follow the instructions above to remove the occult status from any of the sims with this problem., re apply it and have the sim go into the water. If the mer-form generates correctly load the sim into CAS and save them to the bin from there.

Switch back to your original household and edit the Sims with this issue in CAS, click to pre-made sims button and select the copy of your sim from the other household. This should both restore the default appearance (my male sims had severe facial distortion after I attempted to edit them), and override the female mer-form with the male one.

Thank you for your assistance chokolady!