Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#326 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
funny thing about that. I was making the music replacement mods and I was thinking whether to compress the audio into MP3 to work with or leave them in the uncompressed WAV format and for a moment I was worried if I had enough disc space for the WAV format. Because back in the old days when I worked with audio files, I had a 200MB HDD and there was just not enough HDD space to keep so many WAV files. Forgot we're in GB drives now.

I mean, we're into terabyte drives now and I still think about space. Just yesterday I was reinstalling Euro Truck SImulator and wondering if it wouldn't take up too much space on my gaming SSD. Game was 4 gigabytes, I had 199 gigs free. I remember when 4 gigabytes was massive. TS2 came on 4 CDs, originally.

And yeah AmuHav, you're kind of supposed to put all the packages in one folder I believe. So all of them, from the expansions, into the base game data folder.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Test Subject
#327 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I mean, we're into terabyte drives now and I still think about space. Just yesterday I was reinstalling Euro Truck SImulator and wondering if it wouldn't take up too much space on my gaming SSD. Game was 4 gigabytes, I had 199 gigs free. I remember when 4 gigabytes was massive. TS2 came on 4 CDs, originally.

And yeah AmuHav, you're kind of supposed to put all the packages in one folder I believe. So all of them, from the expansions, into the base game data folder.

Wait, not put them each back in their original folders? That... doesn't seem right? Surely you convert them all, then put them back where they came from?

Edit: Tbh, a full tutorial on what to do when doing this manually for an Origin copy of the game would be really helpful ^^' Otherwise you really do end up making a lot of assumptions. Like, am I supposed to only do the ones in the base game folder? All the EP and SP folders? Do you do both the Packages and DeltaPackages folders?
Mad Poster
#328 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I tried this mod for a while and I definitely see a speed in CAS and the thumbnails in Buy/Build mode loads up much faster, but it did 'break' a couple of WA windows, e.g the glass disappears. As soon as I put back the original delta and full build files etc, the windows worked again.
I'm hoping you'll continue to work on this mod, it has great potential and I'd use it again because I was impressed with the speed but I do like my windows lol

Wonder if the solution is to extract the windows beforehand using S3OC, and then either reimport them into the edited fullbuild files, or stick them into the mods folder?

This retains the original window objects, but allows everything else to be edited.
Test Subject
#329 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 2:15 PM
This has broken a couple of objects for me too, particularly textures on a few items. Shame, because this is so damn nice to build with because it runs so much smoother. It sounds like it is possible to extract specific objects and import them into the new builds, but that could become a little tiresome, depending on how many objects it happens too. And not easy for those that wouldn't know how to do that.
Mad Poster
#331 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 11:14 PM
Don't think it's too challenging- just use S3OC to open up the Fullbuilds and copy the object beforehand, textures included.
Lab Assistant
#332 Old 1st May 2020 at 9:59 PM
I just bought a 1 TB Samsung Evo 860 SATA III SSD. I use the Origin version of the game. I have all EP’s and like 2 stuff packs. I have most worlds. What should I do? My CPU is an i5 3770k. My graphics card is so old it’s still supported by TS3.

Always do your best.
Mad Poster
#333 Old 1st May 2020 at 11:03 PM
What do you mean, what should you do? Move your entire install to the SSD, set up a symbolic link to your game documents, then uncompress your game data with this tool.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#334 Old 20th May 2020 at 2:02 PM
Hi simmy!
I know it's probably impossible, but is there a way to use this tool on Mac OS? I have access to a Windows computer where I can launch the program, but I can't find these delta build files... I don't know where they are supposed to be on Macs, and if they are supposed to exist at all.
Lab Assistant
#335 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 11:53 PM
Apologies in advance for bumping thread. Have just stumbled on it and have gone through the entire thread and was wondering if a tutorial ended up being created for non-steam users?
Instructor
#336 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 2:14 PM
Can somebody tell me how to get this to work with the Origin version? I really would prefer not to re-buy TS3 and all the expansions on steam
Test Subject
#337 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
TurboTravel

Hey! It's not fixable, is it?
Page 14 of 14