Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 2:12 PM Last edited by PeschkeGirl : 6th Apr 2019 at 2:52 PM.
Standalone CAS Part Won't Show Up
Hello! Long-time Simmer, but I'm still a noob at creating content.

I originally just wanted to create a re-color of a CC mesh I had found(which was a tail), but that proved difficult, as the UV was set to take from the cheek (?) area on the face so it would match skintones. I wanted to create a solid color version, so that I could do separate colors from the skin. So from there, I tried to create a new Standalone CAS part in S4S and I was following Seb's Comprehensive Clothing Guide for the process. I was able to successfully get the mesh to show up in S4S and I was able to get the texture I was testing to show up as well. I have it slotted to socks, since I almost never use them when creating sims, and saved the .package file. I moved it to my mods folder, started the game, but the cc didn't show up at all. Not in socks, not in the tops (where I took the mesh from so I could use the green section in the UV resource Seb had in their guide), or in accessories without clicking on any of the subcategories. I'm not sure what I did wrong when making the file, because all the other CC I have shows up, and the original CC I used the mesh from works just fine too.

I don't plan on uploading the package, because I'm not even sure if I can contact the original creator and I don't want to step on any toes .x.
Really just for personal use to create a sim and for a learning experience and stepping stone into the CC creating world :3

Thank you for your time I really appreciate it~

Edit: Turns out I had accidentally put an older test file in the mods folder instead of the newer one. But now I'm having an issue with the texture. It seems that maybe the spot on the uv that was blank is still being used by some clothing models in different spots on the UV. If possible, I could love to get some insight as to how some of you beautiful CC creators are able to find spots on the UV that isn't taken up by anything else on it with your new meshes
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 9:36 PM
I've attached the TS4 uv template in case you don't have it. You'd have to pick an accessory type you think wouldn't create a lot of conflicts and move the mesh uv there. There are no unused spots and I can't find that tutorial so I'm not sure what blank spot you mean.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I've attached the TS4 uv template in case you don't have it. You'd have to pick an accessory type you think wouldn't create a lot of conflicts and move the mesh uv there. There are no unused spots and I can't find that tutorial so I'm not sure what blank spot you mean.

Thank you for the file! I appreciate it Also, here's the guide I was using:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...kmavQxnQA/edit#

I've made the attempt, and tried doing it again from scratch with a new package file. I did it with the left index ring and found that the spot on the uv map does make the texture rather small.. and ended up being very grainy.

Still pressing on! I have a few things I'm going to try, but any more advice is most appreciated!~
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 12:02 AM
Yes, the tiny size of the spots for accessory textures is a problem for everyone. You could try using the hat, glasses, or necklace space if you think you won't use hats, glasses, or necklaces respectively at the same time as the tail.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4