Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 12:07 AM
Default BV Fireplace Recolors
I am having trouble recoloring the Bon Voyage fireplace. Huge Lunatic uploaded a CEP file some time ago at Sims 2 Artists. She says that you have to open up the file first before you recolor it,
and I did just that. However, it's still not working. It gives me a subset box, but both boxes are blank. However, I know I've seen recolors of the fireplace, so I'm wondering how other people
got it to work. Or perhaps there is another CEP file available for download? I really want to recolor it, any help is appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 12:53 PM
CEP extras usually have two files, one for the Documents location and one for the Program Files location. Are you sure you installed the file correctly? If you tried cloning directly from the CEP file it may not work properly, particularly not if the files aren't properly installed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 2:21 AM
The file she included only had one file, which she said to put it in CEP/Extras. *shrug* I don't know more than that. Here's the link: https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=3066.0
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 4:42 AM
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 1:58 PM
I first thought this was only going to work with .72 v of Simpe, but it does work with .73. Drag the CEP file into simpe, leave it open, then start OW to recolor. The only way .73 would pull the resources was if the CEP was open in simpe.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 2:20 AM Last edited by child_of_air : 25th Nov 2018 at 10:47 AM.
AH ha! Thank you!

Okay- yeah....so that totally didn't work. I followed your directions to the letter. Plopped it into Simpe, then opened Object Workshop, then proceeded to open the file (even thought it was already loaded). And again, the files are just blank. There is nothing there. I can pull the original texture from just opening up the file, but I can't recolor it using Object Workshop.

I did update my SimPE with Quaxi's file, possibly that's the issue? But in any case, I couldn't get it to load with an earlier version either.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 6:53 PM
Weird, I did what Lunie said and I was able to make a package. See attached. You can use that for the recolor if you like.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  test.rar (50.3 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 2:45 AM
Thanks doll! I appreciate that.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 8:53 PM
Did work. I replaced the textures you pulled with my own and there was nothing in game.