Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 1:06 PM
Default What other aspirations would you add?
The Sims 2 has seven aspirations. Family, Knowledge, Fortune, Popularity, Romance, Pleasure, and Grilled Cheese. Eight if you count "Grow Up."

This gives quite a bit of variety. But there's still room for more! If adding other aspirations ever became possible, which would you add?

I have three:

Power: This one was actually dummied out at some point. I'm guessing it'd be some combination of fortune and popularity. Focus careers on politics, law, and military i think.
Creative: This would be close to knowledge, but mostly focusing on the creativity and charisma skill. Sims with this would want to sell paintings or write novels or stuff like that.
Altruistic: Sims with this aspiration would mostly be focused on helping others. I'm not sure of the wants/fears for this other than adopting pets and kids I like chocolate chip cookies.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 4:26 PM
I've always been puzzled about the reasons for dumping the power aspiration. Pleasure and popularity are quite similar, but they are both there. I love the two you suggested especially the altruistic one.

I can't think of any more right off the top of my head. I'll give it a think.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 4:58 PM
I would like to split the Fortune aspiration into two subgroups - spendthrift and miserly.
Nature - Sims would love to be outside, go on hikes, tend their gardens, teach other Sims to garden, give/sell their crops to others.
Aspirations that are just for the supernaturals would be nice. For example, a Sim becomes a witch, then they have the option to totally devote themselves to witchcraft, with wants to make reagents, cast spells, convert other Sims, fly on their brooms, fears of spells backfiring etc.
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:03 PM
Definitely Creative, that's something I've wanted in this game even when they were still releasing expansion packs.
And I love your idea fro altruistic as well.

I'd also really like to see an "Evil" aspiration, maybe called "Deviance", focused on frighting and quarreling with other sims, wished to cheat on their partners (they'd also have a wish to be caught cheating and a positive memory of it), joining the criminal career, pranking others. Stuff like that.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I'd also really like to see an "Evil" aspiration, maybe called "Deviance", focused on frighting and quarreling with other sims, wished to cheat on their partners (they'd also have a wish to be caught cheating and a positive memory of it), joining the criminal career, pranking others. Stuff like that.

Positive memory for death, etcetera? Positive memory for enemies?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:14 PM
Quote:

That's funny-because I was just looking around for the other game's aspirations and 'Deviant' is one of Sims 4's: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/
"Deviance Aspirations"
Although I was intrigued to see a "Vampire Aspiration". Where one grows up to bite as many people as possible..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:20 PM
A Creative Aspiration would be good, and it could focus on the creativity skill of course, but i'd also want to see some of the aspirations that were cut from the development, like the Power Aspiration.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 6:08 PM
I like the idea of splitting Romance into "Soulmate" and "serial romantic" as in Sims 4.

Also maybe a new aspiration "Hero" (Maybe a different name). Someone who derives pleasure from being nice/ helping others. It may share some similarity to "Family" and the good traits of "Popularity" (aspirations).

And every Hero needs a villain, so like @Orphalesion said, I also like the idea of a "villain" aspiration
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 7:03 PM
The Sims 2 needed a "Family Romance" aspiration where they only go after and have wants for just there spouse.

Woohoo 3 times a day with spouse.
Kiss spouse 10 times a day.
And so on.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 9:05 PM
Sometimes I'd like to split the Knowledge aspiration in two:

Silly Knowledge: for those who want to experience everything for themselves: See a ghost, Become a Vampire, Be struck by Lightning, Be Saved from Death.

Sensible Knowledge: for those who realise it's much safer to read about all those things in books.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:29 PM
My memory's a bit foggy, but I think "Creative" actually was included as an aspiration in one of the console games (Sims 2 Pets?). It was considered "familiy friendly" and replaced "Romance" for obvious reasons. I believe it included cooking/recipes and probably painting.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:53 PM
I also thought altruistic as mentioned earlier on this thread.

self-care - motivation is living a healthy lifestyle; getting fit, making salads, taking a vacation (mental health), getting a pet, reading books.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 6:34 AM
Spirituality, I see this as someways the opposite to Fortune. Instead of wanting to buy more and better things, Sims would roll wants to donate to charity, do volunteering work etc. They also would want to meditate, maybe do Yoga and learn Tai Chi. Grouchy Sims could roll wants to lecture other Sims.
Theorist
#14 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Positive memory for death, etcetera? Positive memory for enemies?

Definitely a positive memory of making enemies. Positive memory for being caught cheating (something about how they loved the look on their significant other's face or something) yeah and maybe positive memory of death, though I'm not sure whether that's a bit too "evil".
But well, there's already wishes for seeing a living Sim's ghost and/or drinking their life essence so... why not?

Defenitely would also love a Supernatural Aspiration it is kinda linked to Knowledge, and the Supernaturals in Sims 2 would have to be improved a lot but it could be fun.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
Spirituality . . . Grouchy Sims could roll wants to lecture other Sims.
Is Mrs Crumplebottom a spiritual Sim?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

You can get a nun default replacement for her.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 4:15 PM

Definitely spiritual. Just ask her!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
My memory's a bit foggy, but I think "Creative" actually was included as an aspiration in one of the console games (Sims 2 Pets?). It was considered "familiy friendly" and replaced "Romance" for obvious reasons. I believe it included cooking/recipes and probably painting.

I seem to remember in the console version of The Sims 2, there were fortune, romance, popularity, knowledge, and a creativity aspiration that replaced family, obviously because in the console version you can't have kids. I also remember some mention of remnants of the creativity aspiration in the PC version, but they decided not to include it for some reason, possibly because creativity was also a skill. I think it's quite a shame really, creativity and power aspirations would have given even more opportunities to make unique sims.
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:36 AM
Is it at all possible to create new aspirations via mods? I know I tried searching before, but no dice. Creativity and spirituality, and those hero and villain aspirations sound particularly interesting.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:39 AM
No. It seems to be hardcoded in. You might be able to modify an aspiration through extensive want tree editing, but it'd likely retain the icons and FT aspiration benefits.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 11:37 AM
Sometimes I'd like to split the Knowledge aspiration in two:

Silly Knowledge: for those who want to experience everything for themselves: See a ghost, Become a Vampire, Be struck by Lightning, Be Saved from Death.

More like suicidal aspiration tbh.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:50 AM
I think you could also split family. You know those folks who want to do stuff with their adult siblings and parents all the time, spend tons of time with their siblings kids, hang out with their cousins, but have no interest in having kids of their own? They should be in the game.

There should be a variant of popularity called the facilitator, whose goal is to know sims in all the careers and with all the badges and skills. One of his abilities would be to introduce other sims to each other when requested. "You need a great mechanic? I know a guy! You need someone to care for your garden? I know a guy!"

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#23 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 5:12 AM
I'd split the knowledge one into at least two categories:

"Scientific" where one would be interested in well, scientific things, like weather, Sci-fi, and paranormal things
"Artistic/Creative"-where one could learn skills and artistic endeavors such as writing, painting, speaking and logic.

Popularity I'd split into:
"Fame"-where one wants to have as many fans or followers possible-IE, politicians, sportspeople, celebrities.
"Hearty Partier"-where one has as many family, friends and acquaintances as possible in order to have parties,outings and reunions with.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#24 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'd split the knowledge one into at least two categories:

"Scientific" where one would be interested in well, scientific things, like weather, Sci-fi, and paranormal things
"Artistic/Creative"-where one could learn skills and artistic endeavors such as writing, painting, speaking and logic.

I agree! I really always thought it would be a lot better if they were split, because I have some "geeky" sims that want to learn about science and computers but I also have more artistic and novel reading types but they're all knowledge sims.

Someone had mentioned this, but I wish there were fitness/health sims who would want to do a lot of athletic activities and grow their own food or eat healthy foods.

I think it would also be cool to have a sim type that was more introverted but not necessarily a knowledge sim. Maybe it could be some sort of combination of family and knowledge where they would roll wants to raise animals, learn hobbies, and do things like watch tv and play video games. I think it would fit a personality of people who aren't necessarily interested in learning everything, but enjoy more quiet activities.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:01 AM
My self-Sim would be a creative/artistic aspiration if it existed. Knowledge/Pleasure is the closest thing that I can imagine to it.

Page 1 of 2