Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
#26 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Good - that makes it more flexible to experiment with

I'm looking forward to some crazy creations
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:08 PM
have too make a screenshot of the new view mode. will post it once do
Field Researcher
#28 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:09 PM
That new first person mode sure moves around fast when you move your mouse! I wish they could tone the mouse down to move just as fast as regular live mode. I also am feeling woozy from playing it. Guess I am one of those in motion-sickness mode!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:13 PM
there is something about motion sickness in the patch notes here what it says Mouse Wheel
Adjust the Field of View settings (useful if you experience motion sickness.)
Forum Resident
#30 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:20 PM
https://twitter.com/TheOnlyMissMel/...416302503948288
Quote:
feel like im raving about the patch features but LOOK AT YOUR SIMS PHONE! NEW OPTIONS! 'Add To Simstagram Story' and 'Check Social Media Timeline'
#TheSims4

Hip Young Adult Party And Social Media Simluator strikes again.
But honestly, I really hate this direction. I want more normal and dark/dangerous things. Or occult things. Not everything needs to be hip, trendy, glamorous and related to social media
dodgy builder
#31 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:34 PM
It looks to me like split leveling should be possible, it just requires a bit of planning and layout work. I made a video, I have to see it again to figure out.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:21 PM
MCCC is fixed already.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Mad Poster
#33 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims_Lover
MCCC is fixed already.

Figured it would be. They're almost always the first to update their stuff. Unfortunately, I've got...quite a few mods I still need to wait for

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

But honestly, I really hate this direction. I want more normal and dark/dangerous things. Or occult things. Not everything needs to be hip, trendy, glamorous and related to social media
Then you would agree that TS3 is the worst offender? I mean by that logic you wouldn't be able to deny it since that had some pretty in-depth social media features
Mad Poster
#35 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:43 PM
It's honestly not something I mind. This is a life simulator and, like it or not, social media has become a big part of most people's everyday life....like cars!

Mad Poster
#36 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deer_Lord
Then you would agree that TS3 is the worst offender? I mean by that logic you wouldn't be able to deny it since that had some pretty in-depth social media features

You mean University Life expansion pack? That's the one pack I know heavily promoted such features. Correct me If I am wrong, but that's as how far I can remember.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#37 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:45 PM

In my mind, the memory system is the worst offender from TS3.
Player: *takes screenshot*
Game: POST IT TO SOCIAL MEDIA!!!!!!
Player: Go fly a kite.
Repeat process endlessly.

I use AwesomeMod and some other stuff to disable the $tore advertisements. What the Options panel doesn't cover, a perpetual disconnection from the internet will. I love TS3, but EA did its best to butcher it.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Field Researcher
#38 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Figured it would be. They're almost always the first to update their stuff. Unfortunately, I've got...quite a few mods I still need to wait for

I heard they were talking to some Guru's so not shocked.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Field Researcher
#39 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 5:49 AM
After the latest patch, some of my sims have disappeared from the game. I had them saved to the gallery and tried putting them in a new game but they still don't show up. Long story short, I removed my mods folder, started a new game folder, prepared my sim in CAS and entered him into game. But the house is empty and my sim doesn't show up. It's happened with several sims and I don't know why.
Scholar
#40 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zennia
After the latest patch, some of my sims have disappeared from the game. I had them saved to the gallery and tried putting them in a new game but they still don't show up. Long story short, I removed my mods folder, started a new game folder, prepared my sim in CAS and entered him into game. But the house is empty and my sim doesn't show up. It's happened with several sims and I don't know why.

I saw on Reddit that people who's sims were children of The Winter Santa guy were disappearing... is yours?

I didn't think I'd update but when I saw how fast mods were being updated, esp. MCCC, I decided to update,... don't regret it. Am still anxious for a few mods but hey, maybe I'll learn to play with less.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 8:48 AM

I really can't agree with that. Of course the memory system was awful but you could simply disable the notifications (which has always been the first thing I do). But there wasn't social media stuff in many packs and it wasn't so much "in your face" iirc.
In TS4 you have the pet instagram, the social media career, the phone options, the influencer career, Simstagram etc. Maybe it just sticks out to me so badly because I don't use these things and they feel rather awkward to me (and shallow). And I understand there are people who love to have that in their game, but I simply wish we would get a pack that has most of it and then move on to different things. Everytime they add another social media gimmick I get a bit grumpy to be honest It all just feels like a bad reminder every time that I might not be the target group anymore, and that TS4 feels more and more like a casual and modern/trendy game than an actual full life simulator.

TL;DR Just a personal issue. I can't connect with these things at all and wish they would simply pack it in one pack and then move on to different kinds of players
Scholar
#42 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zennia

Were any of your Sims the children of Father Winter? There's a known issue right now with Father Winter's children being removed from the game and no workarounds to fix it.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Were any of your Sims the children of Father Winter? There's a known issue right now with Father Winter's children being removed from the game and no workarounds to fix it.

I'm not sure, but it's possible. The 3 sims who disappeared are my favorites and I play them mostly. They have many traits via a cheat and I probably gave them that father winter option. If that's the only issue, then hopefully there will be a fix for it.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 6:10 PM Last edited by Zennia : 15th Nov 2018 at 10:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I saw on Reddit that people who's sims were children of The Winter Santa guy were disappearing... is yours?

I didn't think I'd update but when I saw how fast mods were being updated, esp. MCCC, I decided to update,... don't regret it. Am still anxious for a few mods but hey, maybe I'll learn to play with less.

It's quite possible I gave them that trait. Hopefully, that's the problem and can be fixed easily enough.

Edited to add this. I've given it some thought and am 99% sure the issue with my missing sims is this winter santa bug. What amazes me is people were able to pinpoint the problem so quickly. I'm impressed! I hope EA pays attention to this and fixes it. Because the sims that are missing in my game i've been playing since 2014 and I'd really hate to lose them permanently.
Instructor
#45 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

But why would you want to simulate an evil vampire taking over a town, buying out half the commercial properties and enslaving multiple members of the opposite sex whilst engaging in an ongoing generation-long war with a rich witch with a similar empire, when instead you could simulate having no life and posting stories about that somewhat funny thing that happened today on social media?!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
just updated playing a new save till mods are updated. That new sim view is nice but makes me sick as the they move around.

Ok, my game is updated... Except this doesn't show for me? Where do I find it/ how do I toggle it? (I have the terrain tool, etc)
Scholar
#47 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 12:56 AM
Shift + Tab, I think it needs work though, I would like an option to adjust the mouse sensitivity.
Space Pony
#48 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
This is totally possible to break

What the---?
Mad Poster
#49 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison

Whelp. Now I got one more reason to hold off on this patch. My sim Santa left presents for almost half the single women in one of my saves, if you know what I mean

Shit, some of 'em weren't even single

Forum Resident
#50 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 9:03 AM
Modders seem to have a fix for the aging bug https://twitter.com/ScarletQueenKat...221510775144448
Crinrict tested it as well and says it works. Should also work with MCCC.

What would we ever do without mods.

edit: A comment from the modder which made laugh
Page 2 of 3