Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 12:23 AM
Signed up for the 2nd session for TS4
Advertisement
Space Pony
#27 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 6:36 PM
I'm so in for TS3! I'm excited for this! Though I'm not sure how well I'll do considering I'm not sure if my husband will be home to occupy our son, or if I get to multitask. xD Either way, I am definitely taking part!

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:21 AM
I signed up for the second session for TS2
Field Researcher
#29 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 2:41 AM
I've signed up for the later time. I'll be building with the sims 2. Yeehaw
Theorist
#30 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 8:10 PM
A speed build for me would take, like, a week. :p
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
Autumnal/whatever the spring equivalent of "autumnal" is greetings to all of you MTSers! (Okay, admin Heaven looked this up and apparently the spring equivalent is "vernal"? Weird. I don't care for it. Not changing my phrasing.) Anyways, to celebrate the post-spooky/pre-festive season, we wanted to do a fun event in our live chat! But instead of another movie night, we figured we'd try something new, different, and Sims-related! So, introducing the first ever MTS Speed-Building Challenge! Come join us! Build things! But, like, quickly!

What's all this then?
This is a timed foundations challenge which will be run in our live chat Discord server. At the agreed upon time, we all log-in and start building! Post screencaps as you go, updating everyone on your progress. Or just weep. At the end of the time limit, we all post pics of our finished (or unfinished) houses, and see all of the awesome creativity everyone has come up with!

What is a foundations challenge?
A foundations challenge is a lot building challenge. Before the event begins, you will download a lot file which will contain a building foundation, but nothing more. You then build a lot on that "footprint".

When and where

Where
The MTS Discord server! Specifically in the "mts-events" channel.

When
Sunday, November 11th! We have two sessions available, one roughly corresponding to early evening for Western Europe, the other early evening for Eastern North America. You can, of course, participate in whichever works for you, regardless of geography. To see the options click here, the poll should adjust to display in your time zone. At this stage we are limiting each session to 20 participants, to keep chat from turning into too much of a zoo. Depending on interest we may reassess the number of sessions and/or number of participants per session.

Rules
What is the time limit?
90 minutes. This time will not include loading your game/installing the lot, both of which should be done in advance of the start.

Is this judged? Are there winners?
No and no. This is for fun only. It isn't a competition, it won't be judged, and we're all going to be winners because we'll be having fun!

For further rules/FAQs, see the next post in this thread.

Sounds great! How do I sign up?
Three easy steps!
  • Register on our Doodle poll, selecting the time slot that works best for you. Please note that you must register using your MTS username. Otherwise we have no way of knowing who you are.
  • Post a comment in this thread confirming your registration and stating which game (TS2/3/4) you intend to build for.
  • Create a Discord account (if you don't already have one) and join our Discord server. Once in our server, head to the "mts-events" channel, ping me using @PharaohHound and say your MTS username (if different from your Discord name) and which session (first or second) you have signed up for. I will add you to a list of users who will be participating.

That's it!

Also please note that this is a commitment. Please only register if you are confident you will be able to participate at the time you have registered for. If you're not 100% sure you want to join, or you aren't 100% certain what your schedule will be like, please wait until you have those things figured out.

@PharaohHound, thanks for organizing this challenge.
It is a great opportunity to have fun in a group and share our construction techniques.
Those of us who participate using Sims 3, can we use construction tricks like "constrainfloorelevation false" and objects from the "buydebug" catalog?
Do we have permission to use Premium items from the store?
Count on me at 80%, depending on whether my work allows me to participate on the indicated day.
I would like to propose something to those who participate in the challenge. It is not mandatory, but I think it would be good if, days after the challenge, the participants published their constructions in MTS to share them with the community. It would be good if the rest of us could play with the houses of our adventure companions.
I promise to download all batches of Sims 3 that participate in this challenge and are shared by their authors in MTS. I will also comment and share pictures of my characters enjoying them.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 2:38 AM
Never having done a speed build of any kind, this should be fun and interesting. I'll be doing the evening challenge with TS3. I uninstalled all my CC a couple of weeks ago, so this should be really interesting... Nevertheless, I can't wait to see what everyone else makes!

AKA. Anora Acadian
Test Subject
#33 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 3:13 AM
I'm already in Discord. You find me as:
Drex Ler # 0960
I have the same avatar image as in MTS.
Test Subject
#34 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kerri191
Never having done a speed build of any kind, this should be fun and interesting. I'll be doing the evening challenge with TS3. I uninstalled all my CC a couple of weeks ago, so this should be really interesting... Nevertheless, I can't wait to see what everyone else makes!

It will be very fun, it is also my first time in a challenge.
There are great things that can be built with just the TS3 base game. There are several days until the challenge begins and I have already thought about the theme of my house.
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 4:07 AM
One more question:
In Doodle there are two schedules for Sunday, November 11; 12:00 / 13:30 and 19:00 / 20:30
Are schedules from North America (east, center or west) and Europe or the system translates the schedules to my region in particular?
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 4:44 PM
@Drex Ler

1. As mentioned in my post, yes, CFE is allowed. Buydebug should be fine too.
2. Store content is allowed
3. Thanks for the info on your Discord account. However, do make sure to actually drop into our channel and confirm your registration.
4. The Doodle poll should adjust to your time zone

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Field Researcher
#37 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
@orose - 99% is good enough for me!

@Kylaaab - as mentioned above, ideally put your ping in the mts-events channel, which is also where the event will take place!

I apologize if this seems off, but I'm pretty good at building lots, but in my own way and method, and even though I'm not entering in this Speed-Building Challenge, I'd like to know how to successfully upload my own creations, as that's all I'm good at doing!?
Please don't report me or anything, I just want to know how to successfully upload Sims 2 Lots?

Sincerely,
Cloud_Strife/Michael Simkins
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#38 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 2:09 PM
Hi @Cloud_Strife ! Have a look at our Creator Guidelines for lots to see the requirements. You can find them in the Create menu of the site (under "creator guidelines"). Once you've read the requirements thoroughly and understand the guidelines, then you upload your item using the "upload items" button, also under the Create menu.

simblr
Field Researcher
#39 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 2:50 PM
This looks like so much fun! I'm afraid I won't be able to join on those dates, though. Any chance that the footprint will be available later for those who missed it, so we can do the challenge on our own?
Helptato
#40 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:18 AM
Ooh! Signed up for the 6pm my time one for TS2, can't wait

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Test Subject
#41 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 1:30 PM
I've signed up for the first session and i'll be building using TS3. I'm looking forward to it as i've never done anything like thise before.

I too, like some others have said, am committed to taking part, however on the day my health may present difficulties in doing so. Fingers crossed we'll all be able to participate though
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#42 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:29 PM
@MariTom - the download for the foundations should be available in the mts-events Discord channel as a pinned post after the event is over.

And yay, more sign-ups! Can't wait to see what everyone builds!

simblr
Field Researcher
#43 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 2:45 PM
@PharaohHound: Thanks! That's great news
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 11:07 AM
Just registered!! I may build it in TS3 or TS4. Btw my Discord user is BubbsArt.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 11:26 AM
And I did the second session
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 5:47 PM
@STS3388 sounds good! Make sure to drop into the mts-events channel in the Discord and @ me to confirm your registration.

simblr
Mad Poster
#47 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 8:28 PM
And those of us who are just watching? We can watch it live? And see results...just at that link?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#48 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 9:57 PM
@grammapat - Yep, spectators are more than welcome! Just drop into the Discord and head over to the mts-events channel where all of the action will be happening.

simblr
Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 6:40 PM
It is a very first experience for me. However I am looking forward to it a lot. I will build it in TS2
Mad Poster
#50 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 7:10 PM
I wanted so much to take part in this ... kind of hinted at a similar challenge ... but I was out of town.

EDIT ... Oops! TODAY is November 11th. I might just wind up watching, though. I'm a little beat.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 2 of 3