Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:24 PM
@Bulbizarre Thanks for your reply

Now let's say I have a grave I sent to a graveyard. The ghost didn't came out, so the dead sim can't appear and I used the "moved grave to lot" interaction, so if a ghost would've appeared the dead Sim would look like a starved ghost. Now is there any way to make it, so that this grave spawns a ghost with the correct death type color? Does the debug interaction to set the death type or the spawn ghost interaction affect something on a long-term view? Or would it be possible to sent the graves back home, so that they can spawn the ghost? Btw, I'm sorry, because this is off-topic and I feel like a noob asking this.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:51 AM
Am I the only one that remembers a hairstyle that came with Happy Holidays that just sort of ... disappeared from the hair catalogue?

((If I attached the picture right, it should be the one on Blue Dress))
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#53 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LösserFöffel
Now let's say I have a grave I sent to a graveyard. The ghost didn't came out, so the dead sim can't appear and I used the "moved grave to lot" interaction, so if a ghost would've appeared the dead Sim would look like a starved ghost. Now is there any way to make it, so that this grave spawns a ghost with the correct death type color? Does the debug interaction to set the death type or the spawn ghost interaction affect something on a long-term view? Or would it be possible to sent the graves back home, so that they can spawn the ghost? Btw, I'm sorry, because this is off-topic and I feel like a noob asking this.

I would also like to know if this is fixable, and I didn't realize until reading your posts in this thread that it was even broken.

Quote: Originally posted by willow_kidd

I'm at least 99% sure that hair still shows up in CAS in my game. I don't have it open right now (I have SimPE open, so I can't open the game either), or I could check and even screen cap it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 2:28 AM
Am I the only one that remembers a hairstyle that came with Happy Holidays that just sort of ... disappeared from the hair catalogue?

That disappeared from your catalogue, it didn't disappear for everyone. People have varying things happen with the holiday packs from no issues at all to many things disappearing. I have the Australian version of the Holiday pack and nothing has ever gone missing as far as I can tell. I know that hair is in there, just unused. 98% of my sims wear custom hair. Although looking at it, I think that's a store hair.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Although looking at it, I think that's a store hair.

How weird only some people lost stuff. But I doubt it was a store hair ... it's in several other promotional stills, too.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#56 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 3:28 AM

Yeah, that's a Happy Holidays hair. I used a default replacement for it and the weird thing was that I lost the DR when I deleted my Downloads folder and the original hair refused to show up, yet when I put a new default in the default showed up. Go figure. XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 4:18 AM
It's a weird sp, its the only one that doesn't show up when you uninstall programs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#58 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 11:57 AM
@Bulbizarre Thanks for your reply

If you bring the grave back to a residential lot, you can shift-click on it in debug mode and get a choice of death types to assign to it. Note that you only get to choose base game deaths for some reason.

If you're not comfortable using the testing cheats/debug mode, you might find this mod helpful. It will respawn the grave on your residential lot and allow you to pick the death type (again, only base game deaths). You might want to test it in a disposable neigborhood first since it takes a little getting used to.

Urnstone Spawner by Mike_1102
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=236885
Mad Poster
#59 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 6:28 PM
So there's still no way to have a proper, functional community lot graveyard with all correct ghost colours?
Mad Poster
#60 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 6:54 PM
Yes you can do this. As Bulbizarre explained: if you click on the grave and "send" it to a community lot, the death will always be reset to (I think) starvation. If you want to keep the ghost color/death type, you have to place the grave in a sim's inventory and send that sim to the community lot cemetery.

When the sim carrying the grave arrives at the cemetery, I think you just click on the ground and an option should appear to place the grave.
Place the grave and send your sim back to his/her home lot.
Save the game and load the cemetery lot in Build/Buy mode.
Adjust or move the grave if necessary and save the cemetery lot.

That should be it.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:27 PM
Oh, I misunderstood and assumed this cemetery would need to be an owned OFB lot. If it works without OFB then that's fine.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 10:08 AM
I think that as long as you have Nightlife or later you should be able to have an un-owned public cemetery.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 8:12 PM
@willow_kidd,
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 7:14 AM
@Rosawyn

Darn. It's even lovelier than I recall. I thought I had inflated it in my head simply because I couldn't have it. Well, congrats on still being able to use it!
Mad Poster
#65 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 7:22 AM
I wonder if that's fixable. Modders are hiding and un-hiding CAS parts all the time.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#66 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 12:21 PM
@willow_kidd Try replacing the H06 and H06 files in [install location]\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins.

I uploaded fresh copies here if you can't get them off your disc:
https://simfileshare.net/download/799858/

Those files are where the Holiday stuff content is located.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 1:49 PM
On the subject of moving graves:

A few years ago, before I got OFB, when my only EP was Nightlife, I tried putting a grave in a Sim's inventory and moving it to a community lot. Before starting I backed up my game. Then I got Juliette to put one of the Capp graves in her inventory. With some other family members, she went to Gothier Green Lawns, and placed the grave there. After she was home again, I saved the game, went back to Downtown, and opened Gothier Green Lawns in Build Mode. I could see no sign of the grave -- it certainly wasn't where Juliette had placed it. I suppose it might have been somewhere else on the lot, but I certainly couldn't find it. So I restored Veronaville from the backup. (I should mention that I started with Double Deluxe, which came with the OFB game engine, even though I didn't have OFB itself.)

After restoring from backup, I got Juliette to choose "Move grave to community lot", and that did work. Personally I couldn't care less about the colour of ghosts, so that just wasn't an issue. (I actually have Squinge's No more Hauntings mod so I never see ghosts at all.) (In fact I made a new community lot beside the parish church, and got Juliette to move all the Capp graves there; I really don't like Gothier Green Lawns -- it's too spooky for me.)

So @Rosawyn, I strongly recommend that you make a backup before trying to move graves to an unowned lot in inventory. I'm sorry I didn't post sooner, but Real Life events, and computer problems prevented me. In fact I may not be around much in the next few days, as I am a bit concerned about the health of my hard disk.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 7:18 PM
Pescado's nounlinkondelete will not prevent the grave being deleted, but it should prevent the sim's file being shredded. This way, if the grave does disappear, you should still be able to recover the grave via the batbox or urnstone spawner and try again.

Nounlinkondelete
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=2083.0

Batbox (FFS Lot Debugger) - Go into the folder for the latest EP in your game and look for ffsdebugger.zip
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/

Urnstone respawner
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=236885
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:38 AM
There are dining chairs, which came along with OFB and somehow Sims can't get around them properly like with other chairs. It didn't occured to me, since I've never used these chairs. Can anyone confirm it. I just saw this on an old blog, so I don't know if it was patched or not. If it is true, it would be another unfixed thing in the Sims 2.

Edit: I saw it here
Inventor
#70 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 12:44 PM
I have that problem with those chairs, which is a shame since I like the design and initially downloaded several recolors for them.

I recall two issues with memories that I think haven't been fixed yet - sims don't get memories of sneaking out with your playable teen and sims don't get memories of maxing their body skill when they do so through swimming. They can be easily added through SimPE or other means, but it'd be nice to have them automatically occur.

If I remember correctly, Freetime broke the sponge bath option for children too, and it'd be great if it could be fixed somehow.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 12:54 PM
The randomizers are still broken, and likely to remain so. Most randomizers in most programs are, I believe; because true randomness is not testable and programmers hate that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 1:20 PM
I think some of the LTW memories are still broken too. Brandi Broke didn't get a LTW memory when she fullfilled her LTW of having 6 grandchildren, but she still got Perma-Platinum and the notification that it got fullfilled. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find these memories in SimPe, when I've tried to add them.
I also fullfilled several times the career LTWs and they got the associated memory for it. However, these Sims didn't got the regular "Achieved Top Of Career" memory. I don't know if it's supposed to be that way or if it's yet another unfixed bug.
Scholar
#73 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:59 PM
There are dining chairs, which came along with OFB and somehow Sims can't get around them properly like with other chairs. Edit: I saw it here

I believe the Ramirez family in Bluewater Village has a dining room with those chairs and most times, Sims got stuck trying to get out because apparently the chairs trap them in-between.. Then they stomp around until you move one of the chairs out from the table - one time, I left it too late (didn't know it was happening) and the poor Sim that was stuck pee'd themselves...
Inventor
#74 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@willow_kidd Try replacing the H06 and H06 files in [install location]\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins.

I uploaded fresh copies here if you can't get them off your disc:
https://simfileshare.net/download/799858/

Those files are where the Holiday stuff content is located.

Darn, I kept meaning to do this myself and finally tried it but it still didn't work. I have the Ultimate Collection and found the same named files under Double Deluxe and replaced them (keeping the originals as back-up elsewhere). Does anybody know if I should be putting them somewhere else?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 5:29 PM
The missing Happy Holiday stuff is a known problem with the UC and apparently the problem isn't the H05/H06 files but the skins.package file - see here for details/possible solution.
Page 3 of 4