Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 6:41 AM
I sell off Rod Humble computer for the start fund for poor family. I bought a crib for the Broke third baby with it. I am not embrassed to tell you that I also did it for the Burb. Praise ROD.

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 8:05 AM
Easiest way I know to get the Brokes (or any sims) out of poverty: Have Dustin call up random friends for an outing (or Angela for a date). Go to any random community lot. Socially interact with friends/gf in until outing/date meter is maxed. Dig for treasure until hygiene and energy are low. End outing/date for instant mood boost. Re-form outing/date immediately and repeat until inventory is full of $$$$ worth of items. Go home and sell accumulated treasure.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:52 AM
Sell the pool!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
. . . and get rid of that swimming pool, as well. It's a sad reminder of what happened.
Brandi would dearly love to get rid of that pool, but, as it was a sudden, and possibly suspicious death, the authorities have insisted it remain until after the official inquest. She has added a ladder though. That pinball machine? It wasn't really Dustin's. He was "minding" it for Gordon King. He did sell it, but the truth is he got far more for it than he told Gordon. A difference that will considerably help the family funds. (Psst! Don't tell Gordon!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:28 PM
Interesting headcanons you guys have thought off.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#31 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That's not true at all, Elaine.

wow, I'm glad I was wrong - that dog in family tree was apparently just my bad luck then. OK - time to try Ottomans shenanigans *evil grin*

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Forum Resident
#32 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:28 AM
Wow.... my little joke hijacked the whole thread. Sorry about that, OP!

For me, Dustin stole to put food on the table, and step up to take his dad's place. He looked after little Beau, as Brandi had her hands full with their new brother, Benjamin. Skip left Dustin some money when he died, and Dustin bought himself the pinball machine. Being a young teen and an only child most of his life, he hadn't really given the matters a more mature thought... something he regretted as he was quickly forced to grow up. Brandi couldn't bring herself to make him sell the toy -- a father's final gift to his oldest son.

He loved Angela... he swore he was gonna make her his wife someday. His mom remarried and soon had two more mouths to feed. His step-dad was a bit of an authoritarian, and Dustin didn't see much of a future for himself, picking pockets and being the look-out for bad guys.

He'd mentioned to Angela one night, that he had always wanted to be a doctor, but that could never be... She convinced him, despite his poor grades, to apply for some scholarship money and go to college with her. It was rough on him. He had to work harder than ever to try and pull up his GPA... he barely made it in to college, but the hard work paid off.

He's now Perma-Plat, having married to his childhood sweetheart, his one and only... they have two children of their own, and he's the Chief of Hospital Staff. And he's still incredibly close to his two brothers (not so much his half-siblings)!

I love a happy ending!

-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:33 AM
I just rememberd something, which is still broken, even though it's not that big of a deal. When babies age up with the cake and just made a dirty diaper they don't age up. I usually change their diaper at this point and let them age up with another cake, but it's still pretty annoying.
Btw I had it happen with Brandi Brokes third child and the family almost had no money after that, even though the cake cots only 30 simoleons.
Scholar
#34 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LösserFöffel
I just rememberd something, which is still broken, even though it's not that big of a deal. When babies age up with the cake and just made a dirty diaper they don't age up. I usually change their diaper at this point and let them age up with another cake, but it's still pretty annoying.
Btw I had it happen with Brandi Brokes third child and the family almost had no money after that, even though the cake cots only 30 simoleons.

If you don't mind cheating you could age them up using Sim Manipulator or Sim Blender or if you don't want to cheat you could change their diaper before aging them up. You could also sell off the unnecessary stuff that they don't need for a little extra cash as well.
Test Subject
#35 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:48 AM
No entirely the question, but not everybody will have seen this wonderful fix we've needed for a long time http://modthesims.info/d/615566
That page has both a mod and a workaround suggestion for the dreaded obf employee uniform face bug. I used the workaround and it worked great.

More on the topic, I'm still frustrated by the glitch (feature??) that has children running everywhere for a while after their birthdays.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:32 PM
I love that... it shows how they are eager to finally DO stuff independent of their parents. :D
Undead Molten Llama
#37 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by citybeyond

More on the topic, I'm still frustrated by the glitch (feature??) that has children running everywhere for a while after their birthdays.

Pretty sure that's a feature, as I'm pretty sure it happens only with very active children. Personally, I think it should happen when/if a toddler learns how to walk because IRL, that's what they do once they're steady enough on their feet, until the novelty wears off. But sometimes very active older Sims will run everywhere, too. I kinda like behavior things that are linked to personality this way.

As for something that's broken: If you have AL, AL broke the gypsy matchmaker pertaining to when she appears on Downtown community lots. She'll drop off lamps and if you call her to a residential lot, she'll work fine, but on Downtown community lots her only interaction is "Dismiss." EAxis broke this and never fixed it and, to my knowledge, neither has any modder. The coding for her being on Downtown community lots was added with Nightlife, so there must be some unresolved conflict between something in AL and something in the matchmaker's NL coding.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#38 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
If you don't mind cheating you could age them up using Sim Manipulator or Sim Blender or if you don't want to cheat you could change their diaper before aging them up. You could also sell off the unnecessary stuff that they don't need for a little extra cash as well.

Sometimes the baby fills its diaper after it's been brought to the cake, and you can't tell how close to that a baby is (and sometimes the parents hold the baby at the cake for so long, I think they are actually waiting for that to happen!). Ideally. yes, you wait until it's filled its diaper, then change and feed it, then bring it to the cake, but in busy families, and especially with twins, that can be very difficult to coordinate.

It's not just the baby, though. Toddlers also won't age up if they're very tired, dirty or otherwise unhappy - or at least, they delay it for several hours - so I think it's meant as a feature rather than something that's broken. It's just more of a pain with the baby, because you can't see its needs.

Of course, if the non-cake age-up worked properly for babies, it wouldn't be such an issue, because the baby would age up as soon as the date passed, it was clean, and someone was holding it.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Of course, if the non-cake age-up worked properly for babies, it wouldn't be such an issue, because the baby would age up as soon as the date passed, it was clean, and someone was holding it.

Precisely why I always use Sim Blender to age up babies, and I don't consider it "cheating" at all. Why should that be the only birthday that requires $$ to happen when every other birthday can (and usually does) happen free of charge?
Mad Poster
#40 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Pretty sure that's a feature, as I'm pretty sure it happens only with very active children. Personally, I think it should happen when/if a toddler learns how to walk because IRL, that's what they do once they're steady enough on their feet, until the novelty wears off. But sometimes very active older Sims will run everywhere, too. I kinda like behavior things that are linked to personality this way.

As for something that's broken: If you have AL, AL broke the gypsy matchmaker pertaining to when she appears on Downtown community lots. She'll drop off lamps and if you call her to a residential lot, she'll work fine, but on Downtown community lots her only interaction is "Dismiss." EAxis broke this and never fixed it and, to my knowledge, neither has any modder. The coding for her being on Downtown community lots was added with Nightlife, so there must be some unresolved conflict between something in AL and something in the matchmaker's NL coding.

Are you sure this isn't just that the matchmaker is required to be greeted in AL, which is impossible? That was fixed by Pescado in alfixes.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Precisely why I always use Sim Blender to age up babies, and I don't consider it "cheating" at all. Why should that be the only birthday that requires $$ to happen when every other birthday can (and usually does) happen free of charge?

=
Didn't know about aging up a bb with the blender; does someone have to be holding the baby? And you have to be controlling that person, then click on the blender & it gives option of growing up the baby?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#42 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 8:14 PM
When you age the baby with the Blender (or with the lot sync timer, too, that will also age the baby and the option only shows up if it is actually the right time to age them) it queues a sequences of actions where that sim picks up the baby and then ages it. If they are already holding the baby, they put it down first before picking it up again. The natural baby aging process does seem to work for me sometimes, but when it doesn't I age with the lot sync timer.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 8:45 PM
I just let the sims old enough to grow the baby up wander around without direction (except for directing them to deal with a need that's going critical) till somebody succeeds. They always do eventually.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#44 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 9:06 PM
Has anyone ever fixed that one ivy trellis that came with University?
Scholar
#45 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 9:07 PM
I've had twins wind up two days apart, because one aged up with the cake, the other filled its diaper at the wrong time, and then it took more than 24 hours after the first 'help with birthday' was triggered until someone actually succeeded!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#46 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 10:07 PM
there is something wrong with the ivy trellis?
Mad Poster
#47 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
there is something wrong with the ivy trellis?

Unless I'm seriously misremembering all the discussion I found about it online about a decade ago shortly after it caused multiple sims in my Legacy household to spontaneously combust, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's ever had issues with it. The group consensus at the time was "just don't use that thing."

Edit: thread about it from 2016; Peni mentions the trellis in post #6 and Woxxey posts a pic in post #9.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:14 AM
To the best of my knowledge, there's no fix allowing restaurant booths to work on residential lots. And sometimes you really want a breakfast nook.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:40 PM
I'm not quite sure, if it's a bug or not. I know from the sim wiki that if you move a grave to a graveyard, their ghost always appears in the color like if they starved. Can someone confirm it?
And by the way, I've read somewhere that ghosts on graveyards only come out if you waited a specific amount of time on the lot where the Sim died. Can someone explain it to me, please? Everyone in that forum said something different.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:45 PM
@LösserFöffel They lose their colour if you use send to graveyard. If you have a Sim pick up the grave in their inventory, travel to the lot, and place it down they keep the colour. It's also best to do this after the ghost first spawns because it takes a while to happen.

I have a mortician Sim to handle all these grisly details. If someone dies, I teleport the Gravekeeper onto the lot and fetch it. He takes it home for the ghost to spawn then places it in the appropriate graveyard. Fortunately my Sims only had to utilize his services a few times.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 2 of 4