Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Doctor Career Job Titles Replacement

by d_unit Posted 13th Sep 2018 at 4:08 PM - Updated 15th Sep 2018 at 8:03 PM by d_unit : Fixed mod description inaccuracy

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:48 PM
Thanks so much for this mod career. As a registered nurse almost my whole life, I cringed with EA's "Doctor Career." I'm glad someone else "gets it!" Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:42 PM
Thank you so much for getting rid of the hyphens
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 11:15 PM
FINALLY!! As a nurse, I <: you SO, so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 5:54 AM
This is the saltiest mod description I've read and I'm here for it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 4:58 PM
Wow...I thought it was just me! Those titles were idiotic! Maybe they didn't have 'experience' in the medical field, but they should have done the research. Great work on this!! Thanks
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmbird
Wow...I thought it was just me! Those titles were idiotic! Maybe they didn't have 'experience' in the medical field, but they should have done the research. Great work on this!! Thanks

I thought pretty much everyone regardless of any experience knew a doctor in medicine has a higher salary than a registered nurse lol.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 1:31 AM
This mod made me think Greys Anatomy lol but awesome mod!
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 1:18 PM
Really like the changes you've made but I still have one problem. I said this to EA when they introduced Get To Work. Legally, no one except for a practicing physician or Radiographer may use an x-ray machine. Not a nurse or even an intern, it's against the law. I suppose you could change Nurse Manager back to Medical Technologist but even that is incorrect as an X-ray tech would not do any of the other functions. They should have left out the x-ray machine entirely as Radiology is a very specific field unto itself. As a registered Radiographer (A.R.R.T.) I always dislike their x-ray machine anyway. It looks more like a C/T Scanner turned vertical.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by agechallanged
Really like the changes you've made but I still have one problem. I said this to EA when they introduced Get To Work. Legally, no one except for a practicing physician or Radiographer may use an x-ray machine. Not a nurse or even an intern, it's against the law. I suppose you could change Nurse Manager back to Medical Technologist but even that is incorrect as an X-ray tech would not do any of the other functions. They should have left out the x-ray machine entirely as Radiology is a very specific field unto itself. As a registered Radiographer (A.R.R.T.) I always dislike their x-ray machine anyway. It looks more like a C/T Scanner turned vertical.

THANK YOU!! I am so glad to not be the only person that dislikes EA's "xray scanner" for that very same reason! (And the thought of CT scanning a standing patient gives me chills...)

Great changes to this career; it reminds me of what Freeplay did for their healthcare career. It's too bad EA didn't update Doctor and Detective to match freeplay's IMO.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 12:35 PM
Thank you! I come from a family of healthcare professionals -- my grandmother was a nurse, my aunt is a nurse, my mother is a social worker -- and the titles for the "doctor" career were incredibly confusing. Now things can make a bit more sense in my goofy Sim world.
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 12:22 AM
Thanks for this! I'm a Medical Technologist - a clinical laboratory professional who is a microbiologist. It always chapped my hide that Medical Technologist was below nursing!! We are required to have a 4 year degree - RN's can practice with a two year degree. EA should have done some research!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 11:39 PM
Looks fun! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 5:17 PM
Thank you. I'm not in the medical field, but even I went "Wait, wha?" at the titles. Mods like these soothe those irritations away.
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 3:29 PM
Leaving in the transition from physician to surgeon. The three titles before it all imply focusing on the physician side then it suddenly switches to a completely different speciality.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 8:14 PM
Thanks You!
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 10:15 PM
hello! is the compatible with the new update? nov 13.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 3:00 AM
I like this mod... but, Medical Assistants should be included...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 11:00 PM
I owe you my life
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 8:41 PM
How difficult is it to edit existing Sim Career job titles? I can't find a way to do it, and as an academic, I detest the new Education titles. Any suggestions are appreciated!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 3:44 PM
hi Can I ask you if you can introduce in the mod the italian string? I can translate it !