Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 8:04 AM
I find this interesting - many of you know that I have a retirement subhood Besides impart knowledge - I do use Sophie David's mods to help elders to teach the others in my hood, as well as things like train somebody on the exercise machine or obstacle course (fit sims), playing chess with a teen with no logic skill points until he/she gets one, share hobby tips, etc.

So the wise elders of my hood teach more than just knowledge - but, of course, they don't always act as wisely as they should
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
And the NUMBER ONE THING I'D LOVE TO SEE MOST COMING FROM AN ELDERS THEME:
- The ability to choose to restrict an AL Apartment lot by age, in order to make an ELDERS ONLY complex!!
thank you.

Thank Chris Hatch. He's the one who made that mod.

https://nene.modthesims.info/showth...201#post5360201

I had to pull it out of my game because it was conflicting with something else, but the retirement center part was really cool.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Thank Chris Hatch. He's the one who made that mod.

https://nene.modthesims.info/showth...201#post5360201

I had to pull it out of my game because it was conflicting with something else, but the retirement center part was really cool.

Well... yes and no. I saw Chris's mod awhile back, and it's super-cool. But it does a lot more than create Senior Apartments, and they cannot (currently) be separated. I asked him about it, and as Chris explains, YA/University Apartments, Teen Apartments and Senior Apartments all use the same Op-Code. His mod renders all 3. If he did them separately, you would only be able to use one of the three, cuz the others would conflict. I'd be fine with using just one of the three. I dont have any desire for teen or young adult apartments. Now, that may change someday, but in the meantime I dont want teen renters randomly spawning.

Thanks for the heads-up! It's a great mod, and really excellent work... but it does a bit more than I'm looking for in my game.

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#29 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 12:10 PM
I agree with that - that's why I had to pull it out. I also am only interested in the senior apartments -too bad that part isn't available by itself. The mod also has 6 or 7 conflicts in HCDU. I'm going to put it back in and mess around with it some more. Maybe if I remember to pull it out before moving families into apartments I won't have to worry about teens moving in as neighbors.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:21 PM
I would love more greying hair for elders!! Not pure grey or white, but grey around the temples, or salt-n-pepper as another poster said. Maybe greying at the roots. I can't get enough of those and I like to give my sims an advanced middle age before I sink them down into a rocking chair lol
Forum Resident
#31 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:41 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 7th Sep 2018 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Altered slightly, for clarity only
I had another idea for the theme, but i've been hemming and hawing, cuz i'm probably going to get into some kind of trouble... But i figure, what the Hell, right?

How about a proper Funeral Mod? Here's how it would work... at least, in my mind. If there's an easier way, by all means USE it!

The funeral would have the option to take place in the home or at a community lot (church, cemetery, funeral parlor, whatever else...) The base object would be either a casket or an urn. Could be based on the coffin that's already in-game, though minus the torches and the sleeping options. And, the casket would not open. An urn would have to be slightly different, of course.

The object would have a slot, and in this slot, you could place the tombstone/urn from the inventory. It would render the tombstone/urn invisible, but still clickable. This way, sims would get the proper pop-up messages for the departed sim. [IE, "Mourn Betty" or whomever] But you'd also be able to click on the object itself, to select "eulogize", which would call on the anims from the mirror or the podiums (podii?), so that a sim could jibber-jabber away as though he's memorializing the dearly departed (whether or not it builds charisma is up to the modder).

At this point, you could add other options to the pie menu, such as "wail" or "weep gently" or whatnot*

Also, what the object would do is, it would call on sims who are to inherit money after the decedent's passing to invite them to the services. This would also take into account, and prioritize family, then relationship. If you have it at home, it invites everyone to the house. If you have it on a community lot, it invites them to the community lot. Nice and tidy!

* Now, the little asterisk above applies to a little something a bit more devious, that I had in mind. It'd be a nice little hidden gem, the likes of which, EAxis used to like to put in the game to surprise us and make us laugh...

While the game is scanning for mourners, it would also look for enemies and/or sims with really low relationship scores... again, prioritizing family. It'd invite those sims (with a boost to make them more likely to attend... maybe a 50/50 coin flip?). When a sim with a terrible relationship or an enemies tag arrives, they could approach the casket and cheer, like they do at birthday parties or when somebody just woo-hoo'd in a changing booth or a photo booth. This could also be forced by a clickable option on the object, hence the asterisk above. HAHAHAA!

Now, most of this stuff already exists in-game, in some form. It'd just be a matter of manipulating it to make it functional. Sadly, i won't be able to learn that by the end of October, even if i started right now. SO, that being said, if anybody wishes to take up this idea, PLEASE, feel free! If you'd like to brainstorm about more cool and amusing functions, feel free to PM me!

Good luck and... Rest in Peace!

-gE
>=)
Scholar
#32 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:54 PM
Love the funeral idea @grinevilly. And if anyone could do it, @gdayars could. *wink wink nudge nudge*

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:08 AM
Well I have learnt how to make cards. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#34 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:18 AM
Oooh! YES!! Mass cards! You can never find the right card for such an occasion...

"Gee..."

-gE
>=)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:40 AM
Actually I have a similar modded object in the works already @Bubblebeam but it won't be done by end of theme because I work on it til I hit an area I don't know how to do, and get frustrated with it then go back and hit it again later.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:42 AM
Well I'm glad it said under the video what the guy said because with his accent I got "gee I'm really sorry your mum is law breaking" Lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 4:14 AM
Someone should make a mod to where elders can die from whoohooing like in the sims 4. Maybe not every sim after one whoohoo, but like, a chance of dying from the whoohoo. Imagine Mortimer croaking right after woohoo with Dina...yikes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:58 AM
@complexion Well if you simblender (mod/cheat of choice) him to drain hunger while relaxing before woohoo, he possibly just might croak after it.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#39 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 3:39 PM
Interesting @gdayars since I've also been working on a funeral mod. Very intermittent with me though since I'm too busy really.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 6:09 PM
Well, as I just started learning I'm going for recolours of what I'd like to see more in the game. First I recoloured some Tracksuits from AL available for Everyday as well and next will be Undies for the Ladies (recolours oft those for teens with a top).

What I have in mind is a kind of Senior Residency, in this case an Apartment building looking like a wellness Hotel with beautiful and relaxing places.

Problem is that younger Sims will move in as well when not all 4 Apartments are occupied, so is there a possibility to mod a single lot?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 10:18 PM
@maxon I am making an object mod that will allow for a eulogy. so it is very possible ours will work well together
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 7:02 PM
There's a LOT of theme, so let me inspire some of these to you.

- Nursing Home. I've made once around 10 years ago in my old laptop with OG Sims 2. It was really fun indeed: The grouchy old man who has problems with most members in the house, an elderly man who falls in "his new" love with an elderly woman in the house, or the one who really quiet because she miss her child so much. I've a plan to rebuilt the new one but I don't know where to place the house yet. Since I've all EPs and mods that allow me to run a hotel business, a dorm or village for NPCs, a new nursing home must be funnier than the old one of course ! (If I have a time I think I should write a tutorial how to make a dorm or a village for NPCs, make them like they actually have a place to live. It's fun too !)
- Elder warlocks and witches. I find them mostly look more powerful than adults due to their age, although some of them are less powerful with their power. I love elderly mages !
- I've an elder who are still a mayor. Imoran Dicanto, he governs the city and takes care all of government's public places. It's fun when I create a park and see my Sims in the city came here just to relax, play a chess, sitting and breathing, eating something, or slap each other behind the toilet. (Thank to OFB this is the most useful EP ever in TS history !)
- I also have a school principal who are an elder too. The one who running and takes care the whole school. Using SimLogical's school controller and let see how she can handles all her crazy students !
- Elder hobos. Sometimes this one come in my thought, but I don't have a time or an interest to create one yet.
- Cyberpunk elder. Since I've a cyberpunk district in my city, so why an elder can't has a cyberpunk style ? This might be the most out-of-the-world theme in my history but I've a plan to make one too !
- Etc.

Elder is one of my favorite life stage, so there's a lot of elderly people in my city.

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Mad Poster
#43 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 10:46 PM
I'm still trying to figure out that tiny down-sized lot. Extra points if the lot can connect easily to make a retirement neighborhood. But I really don't want to go beyond 1x2 or 2x1. I have some ideas, but admittedly, got distracted by the new vacation hood I'm making.

Although ... if I could combine the 1x2s or 2x1s in that Twikkii-based hood I'm constructing and think of them as vacation lots ... why leave one project aside for the other? I have a few small-house plans, though admittedly, they're not going to be swooping Morroccan fantasies! One of the ones I'm looking at would be pretty cute. I'm concerned the house might be TOO basic, though, and that is what's slowing me down. It might also resemble other houses here because it IS a basic layout and design. And I will not use staired houses because we're talking about elders.

And oh .... nothing too over-the-top and maybe something that does NOT have a flat roof.

And no ... NOT tiny houses. Many elders would have trouble scurrying up those ladders to a loft. Small houses.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 11:29 AM
Just uploaded my contribution Considering a part two, if RL plays along.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 1:48 PM
@Justpetro Very nice will be downloading some tomorrow, they just need the prices and one link fixing.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#46 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:10 PM
This thread has me so excited about my elders!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 9:36 PM
Feel free to post ideas here for others as well as some of us aren't quite sure how to go "cough"
Forum Resident
#48 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 11:50 PM
Croquette! That'd be awesome!! They should be able to play croquette!

-gE
>=)
Forum Resident
#49 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 1:01 AM
Editing for clarity and less babbling:

If you guys don't mind me chiming in, I have some ideas to contribute, and some that are already in here that I'd just like to nod to because they're amazing

1: I love the funeral mod. I would insta-download that. I'd love it if it was a podium-based option that would call all sims on the lot to mourn when an urn is placed on the podium. Could also be an urn-object that calls all sims to mourn and allows sims with the highest LTR to give a Eulogy (speech)? Maybe playful sims could give one that would make everyone laugh? << just a thought - not all funerals are sad and dour

2: I would LOVE a golf game cloned from the Execu-putter or whatever it's called. We already have the animations thanks to that, and this might be rather ambitious, but what if it was a golf hole and a tee that you could place in series to make a golf course? It could have the option to 'Play 3 holes' or "Play 9 holes" for those of us who are patient (lol), and then sims could win/lose the game based on skillpoints (body, logic etc.). I think it would be awesome if we could get each sim to take turns at each hole for a total of up to 3 sims playing together? << again, this might be super ambitious, but I think it would be so fun for holiday destinations and retirement communities.

3: I'd love to see a golf cart as a driveable vehicle to go with the above golf course mod XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#50 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 1:39 AM
Lawn bowls would be good too.

Cards so far
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 4