Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Replaced Toddler Crying Animations (Requested)

by TheSweetSimmer Posted 2nd Sep 2018 at 11:55 AM - Updated 2nd Sep 2018 at 1:55 PM by TheSweetToddler

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 4:30 PM
Love all the new content you're making! It should really help flesh out toddlers for the Sims 3!

Just a quick note- have you considered releasing a workflow for how you bring animations into TS3 gameplay? It would really help in spreading the knowledge so that people who want to introduce more gameplay animations can do so :)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Love all the new content you're making! It should really help flesh out toddlers for the Sims 3!

Just a quick note- have you considered releasing a workflow for how you bring animations into TS3 gameplay? It would really help in spreading the knowledge so that people who want to introduce more gameplay animations can do so

Thanks, I do look forward to making more for them

Are you talking about making a tutorial? I could do that.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 7:36 PM
Thank you for all the mods you are making <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 8:02 PM
Thank you! I am glad talented people still mod the sims 3!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 8:03 PM
awesome mod! EA crying toddlers disgusting
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Thanks, I do look forward to making more for them

Are you talking about making a tutorial? I could do that.

Yes! That would be awesome.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:12 AM
Perfect way to end my day, Today...I guess yesterday due to the time, was my God son's birthday and he did that exact movement in the high chair lmao! Perfect! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 4:39 PM
Question.. where is the overrides folder and where do you put it if you have to make one? Thank you very much <3
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OUCloud
Question.. where is the overrides folder and where do you put it if you have to make one? Thank you very much <3

If you don't have one, just create one in the mods folder, and place it there. But make sure you also have the resource.cfg file.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 12:46 AM
I am using 7-zip and I cannot unzip any of your latest four toddler mods :'(
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
I am using 7-zip and I cannot unzip any of your latest four toddler mods :'(

Try using the latest version of Winrar, some other people have had the same problem, so try doing that.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 4:42 AM
Wow! You are giving TS3 toddlers a makeup for sure! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 12:34 AM
Thank you so much for these new animations ;) Have all of them in game and fell in love with the chair-crying/tantrum :D All play well in game and have not had any trouble with any of your much loved mods ;) Big grateful hug from me, and look forward to more !!!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 3:23 AM
FYI in case anyone else mentions it to you, all I had to do was to update 7-zip
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 4:14 AM
I dont have an overrides folder
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsPixelPalace
I dont have an overrides folder

It's simple, just create a folder inside your mods folder and name it "Overrides" and then put this mod inside

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:40 PM
Hi~
You did amazing job! Are there any animation replacement guides out there that you used? I was searching for those for a long time and haven't found anything jet. (I want to make animation replacement for horses so badly)
If there is some useful info, could you share it? Thanks a lot :3
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoanOfArc
Hi~
You did amazing job! Are there any animation replacement guides out there that you used? I was searching for those for a long time and haven't found anything jet. (I want to make animation replacement for horses so badly)
If there is some useful info, could you share it? Thanks a lot :3

Oh, well as far as I know I don't know any. I just learnt that I could simply replace animations by just importing them into blender, deleting the keyframes and making new ones (aka a new animation) and then I exported it out of blender (with the exact same name as the original animation was), then imported it into s3pe, saved it and simply placed it into my overrides folder, it's as simple as that
(Oh, and btw I more or less learnt it off a friend of mine called Sofmc9, she helped me make some animations work! )

Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Oh, well as far as I know I don't know any. I just learnt that I could simply replace animations by just importing them into blender, deleting the keyframes and making new ones (aka a new animation) and then I exported it out of blender (with the exact same name as the original animation was), then imported it into s3pe, saved it and simply placed it into my overrides folder, it's as simple as that
(Oh, and btw I more or less learnt it off a friend of mine called Sofmc9, she helped me make some animations work! )

Thanks! I'll do my reserch in that direction. May be someday I will be able to share my animation mods too
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoanOfArc
Thanks! I'll do my reserch in that direction. May be someday I will be able to share my animation mods too

That's awesome, well if you ever need any help with animating or tuning mods you can ask me anything

Inventor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 7:49 PM
Thank you for these animations!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 8:38 PM
Screams from the top of a mountain...."Thank you, TheSweetToddler, for getting those wailing toddlers to get a grip!"
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 4:49 AM
I love it!! Thank youu <3
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 2:25 PM
Would it be possible to have both: your awesome animations and ea's animations? So toddlers use yours and ea's animations in random order?
Just an idea to a dated thread. Thank you for your dedication! <3
Page 1 of 2