Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I thought those were food processors?

Oh yes, food processors they were called, that's what I meant. Words, eh?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 1:33 PM
I thought those were food processors?

Yeah I was talking about the "Food Processors". There is a difference between a blender and a food processor? Aren't they basically the same thing, in function?
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 4:38 PM
A blender is an older technology; food processors do more than blenders. (I'm old enough that I remember a time before food processors hit American kitchens. We'd had a blender since long before I was born.)
Scholar
#29 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:28 PM
Wasn't there food processors in Sims 1 aswell? Or maybe I am confusing things.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#31 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Yeah I was talking about the "Food Processors". There is a difference between a blender and a food processor? Aren't they basically the same thing, in function?

I think so. When you mention blender, it didn't pop in my head that you might meant a food processor and instead I envision that cocktail blender you were talking about. Probably because I never had one (food processor) irl kitchen.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar

Absolutely they are! Basegame I believe!

A blender is an older technology; food processors do more than blenders. (I'm old enough that I remember a time before food processors hit American kitchens. We'd had a blender since long before I was born.)

This isn't completely true my friend, Andrew from Binging With Babish, would have you know - a high powered blender is more your friend than you think.

Quote: Originally posted by Keysmash
I absolutely DESPISE the 'save' system where every new game has the exact same sims. Every time I feel like staring something new in TS4, I get discouraged by having to delete all the stupid Maxis-sims and then creating new sims in their place, so I never end up playing at all.
I want the ability to create empty neighbourhoods like in TS2, where it's possible to spawn all completely new townies.

God! This, a hundred times, THIS! Everything in this thread, but especially THIS.

Here is my list:
Carnivals viva la Sims 1, we NEVER got this again
Mini golf
Proper magic viva la sims 1
Proper superstar
Small Pets
Home businesses
Using the cash register when you own a business
Sims 1/2 OST
Businesses not feeling like a chore
The game not feeling like a chore
Npc's actually doing their job
When I could invite a Sim over and they don't immediately leave/go for a jog as soon as I say hello????????
When I could invite a group of Sims out to dinner and they wouldn't automatically just leave/or reject in the first place because they had to be at work!
Crafting more stuff
Pose options for photos
Movie theatre, even rabbit hole style
Self employment
The ability to at least sell produce/fish! (this is perhaps just a glitch but I cannot sell produce for a business)
Cars
Split level homes
Teenagers that were teenagers
When I could have my Sim wake up in their pajamas, use the toilet and they would STAY in their pajamas
When turning off free will really meant, no free will
When my Sims could sit down to eat breakfast, start a chat and NOT get up to hug and greet first
Dancing with kid sims
Smustle
Rough housing
Red hands
Hockey sack
Classes in the neighborhood for skills
Grocery store
Clothing STore
Puppet show
Not being flirted with by every single Sim ever. Especially when my partner is right there and suddenly she hates me even though I clearly rejected the flirt (((((:::::::::
Trash compactors
Items that are poor quality that look it that don't break every second
When traits actually did make your Sims feel like a different Sim
When garden plants looked like the plants they are
Controllable pets
Social bunny
Therapist
Humor
Depth
Care
Love
The list goes on.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 8:19 AM
Beach and ocean.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:28 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blender

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_processor

Quote: Originally posted by Wikipedia
Food processors are similar to blenders in many forms. The primary difference is that food processors use interchangeable blades and disks (attachments) rather than a fixed blade. Also, their bowls are wider and shorter, a more appropriate shape for the solid or semi-solid foods usually worked in a food processor. Usually, little or no liquid is required in the operation of the food processor, unlike a blender, which requires a certain amount of liquid for the particles to move around the blade.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 2:35 PM
There we go. Food processors aren't blenders per say, as they don't look the same, but food processors can be used as a blender but it's a lot stronger and dynamic.

Though I would kinda like to see blenders along with food processor because they look darn cool as a decorative item in the kitchen. A proper kitchen stuff pack would be great.

Anyway, I miss (although I don't play it anymore for the very reason) sandbox version and anything that makes TS2 great. Pour in the great and original aspects from all games that all players could enjoy of, mix it in a great stable blender(.i.e game) and you have a stunning astonishing drinking (gameplay) experience. Fear system, chemistry/turn on's&offs, personality point system - is what added such an immersion that made sims alive and very relatable to an human being. I would like to see those added, but expanded and improved to a new game (If not possible to

Also, interesting npcs with unique behaviour. I'm not suggesting for these ones to take a return, because frankly it's a bit boring and will eventually get old of ideas getting recycled, but developers should really consider looking inspiration why simmers like the presence of the likes of mr.s crumplebottom, social bunny, imaginary friend or unsavory charlatan. Those were fresh and new NPCs in the series, at times unpredictable and some very amusing to watch (like don't tell me it's not comedic to watch a granny beating a man with a purse because he didn't find a room to get on with a lady whilst in his undies). And getting pick pocketted you come to realization that sims, just like irl, trip to somewhere may not always go as planned as misfortunes like these come unexpectedly with a price, pun unintented. It's make the game fun and as people like to put it - challenging. Though, with introduction of these features could have includes better ways of options to award such dangers (sim should purchase an expensive wallet to avoid being pick-pocketed again, instead of being force to stay away frm community lots to avoid the danger) once the player learns/find out they exist and thus become foreseen.

Forum Resident
#36 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 4:30 PM
From the Sims 2...bathroom doors which automatically lock if a Sim is doing something like using the loo or the shower. Makes sense to me because I lock a bathroom door as I'm shutting it, reflexively.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 6:16 PM
I feel like they left that out on purpose. Just to show the emphasis on how sims have emotions for 'realsies' with a demonstration of how sims can get embarrassed by walking in on a private moment.

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 6:16 PM
Multiple Sims playing one song together on different instruments.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harvell
Multiple Sims playing one song together on different instruments.

Yes! Bands, band practice, jam sessions, ect. ~ I want this back.
Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I feel like they left that out on purpose. Just to show the emphasis on how sims have emotions for 'realsies' with a demonstration of how sims can get embarrassed by walking in on a private moment.

Which... we already had in Sims 3, with the embarrassed moodlet when walking in on someone (not in a close relationship with) using the bathroom, shower, or even walking in on woohoo.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Which... we already had in Sims 3, with the embarrassed moodlet when walking in on someone (not in a close relationship with) using the bathroom, shower, or even walking in on woohoo.

Indeed. So we had emotions too (the difference being without including labels or many animation changes)

Forum Resident
#42 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar

Yes -- if you didn't have one, Sims would prepare food manually with a cutting board on the counter. You really wanted the processor, because it made cooking a lot faster and a lot more effective.
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 11:53 AM
A pregnant Sim autonomously vomiting, ie. morning sickness. I know that a pregnant Sim can get a Debuff called Morning Sickness while pregnant, and I have the option to tell them to go throw up into the toilet... but they don't seem to do it autonomously. No being in the middle of painting or cooking, they cancel the interaction to go throw up in the toilet. Unless, like, the Steel Bladder reward somehow gives them a strong stomach, too.
Instructor
#44 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:42 PM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 31st Aug 2018 at 11:41 AM.
Better lighting. TS2 with Gunmod's lighting mod has better lighting than TS4.

More interactions. Romantic, like stargazing, goosing, and jumping into arms, slow dancing and cuddling in bed at 7 a.m. Speaking of beds, being able to make them, relax, and cuddle on top of them. Hanging out was a good one, just sit on the ground and talk. On the kids side, they could play patty-cake, for instance.

Higher-fidelity objects all around; e.g. TS2 computers have modeled keyboard keys whereas the keys are just a flat texture in TS4. They also looked like real computers at that, whereas the ones in TS4 look like something out of a Nickelodeon cartoon.

Table interactions, like being able to propose, toast, and hold hands.

Cars, and their associated interactions, like making out and sitting and talking.

The little details that make the world feel alive, like Sims opening drawers and cabinets to pull out utensils to cook meals, water in the sink when its being used, TVs lighting up the room at night, droopy pizza slices that flop when being eaten, pizza boys opening the trunk of a car to get the pizza, car suspensions sagging when somebody gets into the car.
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
A pregnant Sim autonomously vomiting, ie. morning sickness. I know that a pregnant Sim can get a Debuff called Morning Sickness while pregnant, and I have the option to tell them to go throw up into the toilet... but they don't seem to do it autonomously. No being in the middle of painting or cooking, they cancel the interaction to go throw up in the toilet. Unless, like, the Steel Bladder reward somehow gives them a strong stomach, too.

This too. Sims could rub the belly and talk to it in TS2, I think.
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
This too. Sims could rub the belly and talk to it in TS2, I think.

Sims can still Feel the Baby by putting their hand on the stomach. Maybe even talk to?
I do know they added "Ask Baby's Due Date", which I always found hilarious to still be an option if the Sim was currently considered being in labor.
"So, when's the baby due?"
"RIGHT NOW!!"
Forum Resident
#46 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keysmash
I absolutely DESPISE the 'save' system where every new game has the exact same sims. Every time I feel like staring something new in TS4, I get discouraged by having to delete all the stupid Maxis-sims and then creating new sims in their place, so I never end up playing at all.
I want the ability to create empty neighbourhoods like in TS2, where it's possible to spawn all completely new townies.

Actually ,you could just save the neighbourhood after deleting all maxis sims and use that as your new start point. I did that to always have a full Newcrest.
Scholar
#47 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 4:42 AM
Lots of stuff, but the main ones that I miss are :

- Open editable world with terrain tools and bigger neighbourhoods.
- Colourwheel and CASt
- Being able to save sim appearance presets instead of having to save the whole household with all traits, skills etc.
- Meaningful traits to make sims behave different. This would also require changing the emotion mechanics so they don't override traits all the time.
- Open water to swim, dive, fish, boat? around in.
- World Adventures with proper tourist destinations that give a lot of gameplay.
- Open For Business

I don't know where to draw the line with what I think are the main things. There is so much that I want back. So I just stop here.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 5:34 AM
I think the most I miss are the attention to detail.

the clock hands that move with time.
Having a food processor instead of having to chop every thing by hand.
just thing that are missing that show that the Devs seem to be lazy in what they put into the game.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 5:39 PM
Wow. All this talk about food processors being missing makes me really realise how many minor things they left out of TS4. I'd never even thought of those, but I actually miss them too in a weird way.

My initial thoughts on this topic were mostly the burglars, and general NPC's that'd show up in vehicles and such outside your house. Also one small detail I always really liked in TS2 was when Sims were cooking certain foods, they'd actually open the top draw of the counter and take out a spoon for the mixing bowl! So many small things, and so many things that were actually the core of The Sims series (the vehicles outside for example) that are now missing. I really, REALLY hope they eventually bring them back, but I just feel like they're too minor and different to be added later on by EA.

There are so many more things I miss from previous installations that I wish were in TS4, but I think the list is just too damn long.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:01 PM
Pool Tables, a robot lifestate, Witches/Magic, Functional Walking Sticks for Elders (could be expanded to Adults/Young Adults), CAW, Boathouses, Cars, Horses.
Page 2 of 3