Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Religious Holiday Icon's

by FrkTrunte Posted 9th Aug 2018 at 5:14 PM - Updated 25th Nov 2018 at 10:28 PM by FrkTrunte : Incompatability

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:03 PM
Thanks!! Nice idea and introduction into the game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:27 PM
This is brilliant. Thanks for being so inclusive.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:43 AM
Hello, do you think there's a way you can separate the file into separate files for each religion? For example, I only need icons from 1 religion and don't really want the rest in my game clogging up my icon section when I know for a fact they are of no use for me. Just a suggestion
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:40 AM
TY, Can you make other icons for holidays too? Like july 4th, cinco de mayo, St. patrick's day, etc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 6:27 AM
>swastika

oh boy...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:38 PM
What a lovely idea, thank you for making this and sharing it with the community.
My one comment would be regarding to the spellings of some of the faiths. For example, Konfuzianism seems to be the German way of spelling Confucianism, and I would spell the old Iranian faith, Zoroastrianism, instead of Zarathustrism.
It's lovely to see mods that make the game more diverse, thank you again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 5:01 PM
I made an account just to thank you for including the Akan and Yoruba. I would not have expected to see that and I really appreciate it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dwot
>swastika

oh boy...

lol Yeah, seeing that is a knee jerk reaction for like many of us. But I will say that the symbol was used by the people of India in their religion(s) thousands of years before the Nazis bastardized it. And it is a symbol of the movement of the sun in the sky.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gigihuxtable
Hello, do you think there's a way you can separate the file into separate files for each religion? For example, I only need icons from 1 religion and don't really want the rest in my game clogging up my icon section when I know for a fact they are of no use for me. Just a suggestion

I'd like that option too, to be able to pick and choose which icons to use in game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tulin
What a lovely idea, thank you for making this and sharing it with the community.
My one comment would be regarding to the spellings of some of the faiths. For example, Konfuzianism seems to be the German way of spelling Confucianism, and I would spell the old Iranian faith, Zoroastrianism, instead of Zarathustrism.
It's lovely to see mods that make the game more diverse, thank you again!

I am not a native English speaker. I am from Denmark. And the again American isn't the whole world.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TinaGF
TY, Can you make other icons for holidays too? Like july 4th, cinco de mayo, St. patrick's day, etc

I will consider that when I do an update.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gigihuxtable

It would be a bit of a hassle. A lot of files to keep track on, but I will consider it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dwot
>swastika

oh boy...

It is a symbol used in Hinduism, but even Buddhism and Taoism uses it. I once saw Dalai Lamas palace in Dahramsala Himajal Paradesh. It has Swatika's all over it. The one I have used here is a typical Hindu Swastika that does not really resemble the nazi one.
I think that we westerners has to learn to accept that we are not the whole world and our biases and opinions is not necessarily the best ones out there. There is 3 billion people in Asia for whom the swastika is sacred. The west is minuscule in comparison.
Personally I have a bigger problem with the Star of David because of what the Zionists is doing to the Palestinians, but I think we have to stop here before the political discussion get out of hand.
Inventor
#15 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 8:24 PM
Hey there I have a request by someone who uses my 200+ more Holiday Icons Mod to make it compatible with yours. So my Question would be if it is ok for you if i add your IDs to my Mod to make a compatible Version? They would still need to download your Mod for the Icons itself of course so i would add a Link to my Description etc.?

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 8:34 PM
This is fantastic! Thank you so much for all your hard work and for sharing it with us Greatly appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 8:42 PM
In my country, Orthodox cross is what here is represented as Catholic, while Catholic ones look either more like what the Protestant is here or kinda 'gothic'.
The Orthodox cross does often include that design (as shown here) within the cross, but just that design alone, seems to me, to predominately be a Russian thing. When you look up Byzantine, Greek, Serbian and Bulgarian churches and compare them with Russian, you can see that many Russian ones, yet not all, stand out from the rest in the design of the cross on the top. But I'd say that the most common and standard Orthodox cross is the one with curvatures (I think in Serbia it is exclusively that).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 8:46 PM
This is great for when i want to create a cult and need custom holidays for it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam
Hey there I have a request by someone who uses my 200+ more Holiday Icons Mod to make it compatible with yours. So my Question would be if it is ok for you if i add your IDs to my Mod to make a compatible Version? They would still need to download your Mod for the Icons itself of course so i would add a Link to my Description etc.?

Hallo LittleMsSam
I have thought about making my Mod compatible with yours. I don't think it is going to work with my current Mod file because it uses the same XML as yours, but I could make an extra compatibility file where I remove all the XML. Then I can include a textfile with the text that needs to be inserted and a tutorial on making holiday Icon mods compatible with my Religious Holyday Icons
I have thought about, though, that it might be possible to inject the text runtime via a script, but I am not so much into phyton that I could do it on the fly. But by all means if anybody would like to lend a helping hand in this It would be much appreciated. I think there could even be a preference file so the player could control which Icons show up in that persons game. Maybe we could even make it into a common project.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oldenBuffy
lol Yeah, seeing that is a knee jerk reaction for like many of us. But I will say that the symbol was used by the people of India in their religion(s) thousands of years before the Nazis bastardized it. And it is a symbol of the movement of the sun in the sky.

The christian crosses are no better.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 9:29 PM
omg thanks! you're amazing and making so many religious symbols is so respectfull! thank you a lot
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 4:08 AM
I downloaded this and added it to my game. But I don't see any of the new holidays? Did I do something wrong?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Witchess
I downloaded this and added it to my game. But I don't see any of the new holidays? Did I do something wrong?

There is no new holidays in it. You still have to create the content of your holiday from traditions. This mod is holiday Icons that show up in the Icon chooser when you add a holiday.
Try to look at the last 4 screenshots. You can see where they are suppose to show up. If they don't show up in the Icon chooser there may be a comparability problem. You can not use this mod with any other holiday Icon mod. At least not yet.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 11:44 AM
Awesome mod. Love the inclusivity.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 2:51 PM
Default Update
I have now uploaded a version of my Religious Holiday Icon's Mod to use together with other Holiday Icon's Mod's that has been made compatible with mine.

There is also a tutorial in it if you want to make a Holiday Icon's Mod compatible with mine or if you want to make a limited version with a subset of Icons from my mod.

This version of my mod does not work on its own. It needs an additional file that has been made compatible in order to work. So don't use it if you do not have such an additional file. Use the original version instead.
Page 1 of 3