Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Improved Weather Variety for Worlds.

by Peterskywalker! Posted 1st Aug 2018 at 10:03 PM - Updated 12th Jul 2023 at 2:22 PM by Peterskywalker!

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 51 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 10:30 PM
This seems like a really cool mod. I'm currently only playing in Newcrest, so I won't notice any changed weather (especially since I don't have anything installed right now that gives a new town - I don't count the Promenade), but I'll definitely keep this in my folder for later!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
This seems like a really cool mod. I'm currently only playing in Newcrest, so I won't notice any changed weather (especially since I don't have anything installed right now that gives a new town - I don't count the Promenade), but I'll definitely keep this in my folder for later!

Thanks for the comment. I felt that New Crest had decent and interesting weather already
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 11:46 PM
I really like this mod! This was one of those little deatils that kind of bugged me about seasons, I love how in depth you went for each world's weather.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 1:04 AM
Thank you so much! I was becoming very annoyed that the weather was always the same every day, so I can't wait to add this in and experience some difference!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 2:08 AM
Fantastic! Love your take on the weathers, though I'm leaving Willow Creek for Brindleton Bay straight away! Thanks for sharing your mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 2:19 AM
Thank you so much! I hate the default weather settings so much aaaaa I'm excited to test this
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 4:29 AM
OML!!! Thank you SO much for making this!!! I'm sick of EVERY other world having only thunderstorms or heat waves in Summer. Now MAYBE É can travel with his kids and NOT nearly get struck by lightning...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:50 AM
I have a question, is there still possibility of lightning storms? It's a rare event, but I've seen it happen in the game, several thunder and lightning falling on and on.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 7:37 AM
Amazing! Thank you! I love that all the worlds have more distinct weathers now Hopefully they'll be more predictable, too.

Do you think there's a way for sims to check the weather in other worlds before traveling?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 8:41 AM
Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 9:20 AM
Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 2:58 PM
Thank you, it needed some tweaking indeed, specially for Selvadoradia and Oasis Springs!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 3:45 PM
Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Serenidy
I have a question, is there still possibility of lightning storms? It's a rare event, but I've seen it happen in the game, several thunder and lightning falling on and on.

Yes there are still thunderstorms. With today's updated, there is less likely chance of continuous thunderstorms in summer (except for certain worlds like willow creek) and now there is even a chance of cold thunderstorms for other seasons (such as spring or fall).
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 11:11 PM
oh, btw, how has weather chaned for Newcrest?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
oh, btw, how has weather chaned for Newcrest?

So far nothing has changed for Newcrest as it seemed good so far.
If you want changes to be made I could possibly do it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 10:29 AM
How about Magnolia Promenade?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:44 PM
This is how I thought Maxis would have implemented weather and was so disappointed it wasn't the case. I'm so happy to see a mod like this! Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:08 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 7:23 AM
I thought it was perfect. But after playing in BB (since my family lives there), I kinda missed the sunlight. lol Thanks anyway!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aljeagar
I thought it was perfect. But after playing in BB (since my family lives there), I kinda missed the sunlight. lol Thanks anyway!!

Yea, that is why I was debating downloading this mod since my family lives in BB too, but I want the new weather for GF vacations. My opinion is BB has too many thunderstorms in summer and few sunny days in between.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 5:00 AM
LOVE all of this! Thanks so much especially for making Forgotten Hollow have colder weather, for some reason it always struck me as a colder region. ♥
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Roseheart
Yea, that is why I was debating downloading this mod since my family lives in BB too, but I want the new weather for GF vacations. My opinion is BB has too many thunderstorms in summer and few sunny days in between.

Reduced the chance of thunderstorms and rain in summer and made higher chance for sunny days. Also reduced chance of rain in late spring. Overall BB should now be wet, but still have days without rain.
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:32 PM
First of all, thank you for this great mod!

But would it somehow be possible to split this mod into mods for individual worlds, so one could choose which worlds to alter? For instance, I like Willow Creek the way it is, but would like to have the changes for Granite Falls?
Page 1 of 5