Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Optional Vampire Weaknesses

by nyandesu Posted 12th Jul 2018 at 12:25 PM - Updated 13th Jul 2018 at 12:11 PM by nyandesu

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 1:32 PM
Thank you!! I hate having to choose weaknesses so now I'm glad I don't have to
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 3:53 PM
It's kinda cheating, but I love it! Great idea!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 5:48 PM
Woww. I love this mod, thank you sooo much for the making of something useful.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:43 PM Last edited by FzzyDg8 : 12th Jul 2018 at 9:27 PM.
Will your mod allow me to reverse weaknesses already given to an existing vampire?
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 8:51 PM
It does not let me give it to accept when I want to use the points
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 10:46 PM
finally a mod for that.
All the other mods out there either changed it to no weakness or are specific number of weaknesses but now finally my grand master vampire can live a life without weaknesses while his all his imperfect childen suffer from weaknesses
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:38 AM
I'm having problems with the mod. When I first ranked up, it still forces me to take a weakness. Even when I selected a weakness, it doesn't let me accept the changes to my sim even when I choose every weakness available. Is this down to conflicts with any mods I have? (I don't have any mods involving Vampires so I'm unsure of what went wrong.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FzzyDg8
Will your mod allow me to reverse weaknesses already given to an existing vampire?

You will need to either use a draught of reconfiguration or use the 'sims.get_sim_id_by_name [firstname] [lastname]' cheat to get your sim's ID and then use 'bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type 40962 <simID> false' to remove weaknesses. This shouldn't give back any weakness points
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GabiXXL
I'm having problems with the mod. When I first ranked up, it still forces me to take a weakness. Even when I selected a weakness, it doesn't let me accept the changes to my sim even when I choose every weakness available. Is this down to conflicts with any mods I have? (I don't have any mods involving Vampires so I'm unsure of what went wrong.

I've uploaded a new version where this should be fixed. In short, there were some sketchy number calculations in the XML.

Annoyingly, there's no way to remove unspent weakness points easily. I believe this can be fixed by spending these weakness points without the mod installed, then refunding weaknesses with a draught of reconfiguration or using the 'sims.get_sim_id_by_name [firstname] [lastname]' cheat to get your sim's ID and then use 'bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type 40962 <simID> false'.

Sorry for all this inconvenience, all problems like this should be fixed. Thanks for bringing my attention to it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XxKeita
It does not let me give it to accept when I want to use the points

This is a problem which crops up due to unspent weakness points. Annoyingly, there's no way to remove unspent weakness points easily. I believe this can be fixed by spending these weakness points without the mod installed, then refunding weaknesses with a draught of reconfiguration or using the 'sims.get_sim_id_by_name [firstname] [lastname]' cheat to get your sim's ID and then use 'bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type 40962 <simID> false'.

In addition, I've just fixed a problem where ranking up was still awarding weakness points, please re-download the main file and let me know if there are any more problems!
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 5:15 PM Last edited by FzzyDg8 : 13th Jul 2018 at 8:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nyandesu
You will need to either use a draught of reconfiguration or use the 'sims.get_sim_id_by_name [firstname] [lastname]' cheat to get your sim's ID and then use 'bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type 40962 <simID> false' to remove weaknesses. This shouldn't give back any weakness points

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it. And thank you for sharing your mod.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 7:47 PM
I've uploaded a new version where this should be fixed. In short, there were some sketchy number calculations in the XML.

Annoyingly, there's no way to remove unspent weakness points easily. I believe this can be fixed by spending these weakness points without the mod installed, then refunding weaknesses with a draught of reconfiguration or using the 'sims.get_sim_id_by_name [firstname] [lastname]' cheat to get your sim's ID and then use 'bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type 40962 <simID> false'.

Sorry for all this inconvenience, all problems like this should be fixed. Thanks for bringing my attention to it.

Thanks! I'll let you know if there is any problems
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 1:46 PM
I am having problems with the mod, exactly the same things as by GabiXXL. At first its worked somehow, i tried one Vampire the Draught of Reconfiguration potion. But by the other one(or even another family) is not working anymore. i tried the same method with the Draught of Reconfiguration potion and then its forces me to buy the weakness points, all of them and then i cant accept the changes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaligi
I am having problems with the mod, exactly the same things as by GabiXXL. At first its worked somehow, i tried one Vampire the Draught of Reconfiguration potion. But by the other one(or even another family) is not working anymore. i tried the same method with the Draught of Reconfiguration potion and then its forces me to buy the weakness points, all of them and then i cant accept the changes.

You'll need to make sure you spend all your weakness points without the mod installed, then install the mod and reset your perks. This shouldn't refund any weakness points and everything should work as intended from then on. Also, make sure you have the latest version as that fixed a problem where weakness points were still awarded.

Thanks for your support, and sorry about this inconvenience! Let me know if there are any more problems or you need anything else
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 5:35 PM
You'll need to make sure you spend all your weakness points without the mod installed, then install the mod and reset your perks. This shouldn't refund any weakness points and everything should work as intended from then on. Also, make sure you have the latest version as that fixed a problem where weakness points were still awarded.

Thanks for your support, and sorry about this inconvenience! Let me know if there are any more problems or you need anything else

Thank you for the fast Answer. ..well, now i have another question, hope its okay. It is enough only doing this with one Vampire, or i must do with all of them? It takes a long time to have all the points, you know.

Reseting the Perks. Hmm. This one i tried to, but there was your mod in my Game yet, so, maybe will work this after, because its didnt worked as well too, but now i understand why.

I will definitely testing this method of course. And thank you again helping people like me. have a great day.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaligi
Thank you for the fast Answer. ..well, now i have another question, hope its okay. It is enough only doing this with one Vampire, or i must do with all of them? It takes a long time to have all the points, you know.

Reseting the Perks. Hmm. This one i tried to, but there was your mod in my Game yet, so, maybe will work this after, because its didnt worked as well too, but now i understand why.

I will definitely testing this method of course. And thank you again helping people like me. have a great day.

This only needs to be done with sims who are already vampires in an existing save, so new vampires or a new game will be fine (though premade vampires will still start with weaknesses - again, these can be removed by resetting their points). The vampire also doesn't need to be max level - this mod removes weakness point gains so as long as any points they already had are removed by the method I described, they won't gain any more.

I hope this answers your questions
Field Researcher
#18 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 2:47 PM
This only needs to be done with sims who are already vampires in an existing save, so new vampires or a new game will be fine (though premade vampires will still start with weaknesses - again, these can be removed by resetting their points). The vampire also doesn't need to be max level - this mod removes weakness point gains so as long as any points they already had are removed by the method I described, they won't gain any more.

I hope this answers your questions

Yes it did helped me. But not for my Vampire sim, so i decided just let her how she is. When she dies, than she dies, but i cannot change anything about her. By all the others is everything ok, i think i must let her just go.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 4:48 PM
Absolutely brilliant easy to use - instructions nice and clear - no unspent weakness points so I used the draught of reconfiguration and voila no weaknesses. Thank you
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 1:44 PM
Nevermind, it just sort of fixed itself.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:01 AM
thanks you so much for this mod is it so cool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 3:49 PM
Love this mod, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 12:03 PM Last edited by ShadowMT13 : 16th Oct 2018 at 4:08 PM.
Mod does not work for me, I added it and nothing is happening, I still need to choose stupid weaknesses for my Master Vampire. If I don't choose five weaknesses, I can take the power. If you have a fix for this please respond back, I am sick and tired of the rather stupid weaknesses seeing as the only weaknesses that make sense are the sloppy drinker, the one where you need to drink more often, and the one where you have a phobia of daylight.

Update: Sorry was a little too quick with installing and did not read the part that said existing games when you have unspent weakness points it won't work in. Thanks for the mod I am so happy you made this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 1:48 AM
Worked perfectly. Thanks for the instructions on how to use with existing vampires. No problems resetting the weakness points to 0.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 6:21 PM
Does this still work with the Get Famous Patch? I love this mod.

I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2