Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Digital Photo Frame Overlay Replacement

by celtysims Posted 10th Jun 2018 at 11:12 AM - Updated 11th Oct 2020 at 12:05 PM by celtysims

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 12:17 PM
This is awesome, I hated the look of the original enough that I almost never placed these in my game lol.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 2:06 PM
Yeah those defaults are hideous aren't they?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 10:35 PM
Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 4:39 AM
The original "placeholder" texture always irked me, too. Now I can place these bad boys all over the house. Thank you so much for this!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:56 PM
what a brilliant idea thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 5:44 PM
AWSOME!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 3:28 PM
Like seriously, thanks so much for this. Can't wait to use them.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 7:42 PM
I hate those ugly pictures too...thanks so much for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 3:37 AM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Mar 2023 at 3:36 PM Last edited by C. Dark : 5th Mar 2023 at 4:08 PM.
Great, thanks a lot for this replacement of the ugly picture when the frame is empty

If we could add our own overlay pictures, would this be possible to add?

I wonder, is it possible to add a digital frame the size 3x4 like the size large paintings are?
That would be awesome I couldn't find any nowhere and the paintings, which you can also add to the frame will be compressed in width, which does not look nice.

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Mar 2023 at 8:31 AM Last edited by C. Dark : 10th Mar 2023 at 12:53 PM. Reason: find a solution
Quote: Originally posted by C. Dark

If we could add our own overlay pictures, would this be possible to add?

Ok, I figured out how to create and overwrite the DXT5 large portrait IMG,
but I can't get it work with the landscape big one which is DTX1.

I use GIMP to export to dds.

Can someone give me a hint what export settings do I need for the DTX1? Or what do I need additionally.

EDIT:

OK, I finally get it work, it really took a while to test many programs. In the end I even installed the free old Adobe CS2 photoshop to use the Nvidia dds plugin and with THIS I got an Error, saying that the dimension was not right.

- Open the the package and see what dimensions the DDS file has + what DTX number, make a note for later use
- check if the width and height can be devided with 4 -> this is very important!!!
the problem with the digital panorama picture was, that the size of the original dds height was WRONG, could not be devided through 4 (I don't know how the creator managed that to work)
so instead of 171 px height -> I used now 172
- right-click and Export the IMG to file
- Open/create the image you want to use -> I use Irfanview, change only the width or height depending on your photo dimension. Mine was higher, so I used -> Edit -> Create a custom selection (choose one and use 476x172) apply,
with right click -> move it up/down to the part you want, then crop
and save under new name
- Open this new picture with GIMP
export as -> DTX1 -> show all file types and choose the exported file dds from the original package
Minimap -> create
Filter -> Kaiser
- make a copy of the original package -> open this and mark the panorama IMG
right-Click -> REPLACE and choose your overwritten dds
save and done

The same procedure you can do with the digital large, but this is DTX5.

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics