Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible Fence - Improved version in description!

by Bakie Posted 8th Jun 2018 at 3:19 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2022 at 12:02 PM by Bakie

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:33 PM
this is great, thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:36 PM
Thank you so much Bakie, this is so going to be used I can tell you. Brill!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
finally something useful and clever, thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 6:06 PM
amazing, thanks for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 10:48 PM
Awesome--thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:03 AM
I absolutely love your mods/objects/effects. Something so simple that can change the way I play the game! Awesome! Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:56 AM
Awesome thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:16 AM
Thanks, this is great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:20 AM
Greatest thing i have ever seen
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:43 AM
This is so cool! I spend a lot of time to create nice gardens with paths - and my Sims never follow them. Until now! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:57 AM
this is so great, and i am already using it. I just have to ask, in the video you have a pool ladder i have never seen before- where is it from?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:30 PM
You always have such great ideas! Thank you for sharing with us!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sheph
this is great, thank you

Quote: Originally posted by sharonb77
Thank you so much Bakie, this is so going to be used I can tell you. Brill!

Quote: Originally posted by bigyipsi
amazing, thanks for sharing

Quote: Originally posted by sociologymajor
Awesome--thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
Awesome thank you

Quote: Originally posted by S�ri
Thanks, this is great!

Thank you very much everybody! I'm honestly a bit surprised that this many people like this mod that much. But it makes me very happy of course!
Quote: Originally posted by DreadfulButterfly
finally something useful and clever, thank you

You're welcome! Does this mean you don't like my other mods? (Which is totally fine of course!)
Quote: Originally posted by _Elk_
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! This is gonna be so lit for my elementary school gym for when the kids run laps! Also, I know you don't do requests, but in my non-expert opinion an invisible pool trim would also be super cool to go with this :3

You're welcome Elk! It's also nice to see people come up with even more ways to use these invisible fences. Keep on sharing!
Invisible pool trim? I'm not quite sure what you mean.. You don't have to use pool trims as far as I know.. But you;re probably talking about something else.. :p

Quote: Originally posted by brinneysim
I absolutely love your mods/objects/effects. Something so simple that can change the way I play the game! Awesome! Thank you

Thanks Brinnysim! I hope it will. If you have any tips on how to use them in more ways then the ones I described in the description or showed in my video, then please feel free to share them with me and the rest of the people here too.
Quote: Originally posted by Julle1410
Greatest thing i have ever seen / this is so great, and i am already using it. I just have to ask, in the video you have a pool ladder i have never seen before- where is it from?

I'm glad you like it Julle! About the pool ladder, I'm not quite sure which one you mean, but I only have the one from the base game and the one you'll get with the Get Together Exapansion pack ( The one with the stones)
Quote: Originally posted by trisgod
This is so cool! I spend a lot of time to create nice gardens with paths - and my Sims never follow them. Until now! Thank you so much!

This is exactly the reason I came up with this idea in the first place. You're working hard to make it all into a beautiful world for your Sims, but they never seem to accept your hard work. They just walk straight through your gardens! It would be nice if they could ony say "Thank you" every once in a while!
Quote: Originally posted by LeighB
You always have such great ideas! Thank you for sharing with us!

Well, not always.. but thanks anyway!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:30 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 7:04 PM
Wow. What a great idea!
Banned
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:16 PM
can they be deleted when invisible? I have a "block my route" item from ATS4, and once it's set down and invisible, it's set for life unless you bulldoze the lot, which is incredibly inconvenient. on the other hand, I have OMSP items that CAN be clicked on when invisible.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:33 PM
Another well deserved thank you, I will test in a temple, it will be great guidance in, thank you, you are great
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:43 PM
thank you so much for this
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 11:20 PM
I have a question, in the tutorial video I saw that you used some kind of shortcut to rotate the fences to perfectly fit. I have till now no frickin' idea how to do that. All I can do is click two keys on my keyboard and the fences rotate way too much! BUT I would love to do it like you showed in your video! Can you tell me the "Secret" please? Seems like I am playing Sims 4 such a long time, but I still have no clue about all those little features which would help a lot with building...

THANK you for this mod BTW. I love it! It's such a pleasure to finally see Sims using the path I create for them!
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 2:04 AM
Cool! Thanks Bakie but I have a question. Was it not possible to do invisible floor tiles too? Because sims tend to follow tiles even though it's far off from where I told them to go. Like the easiest path would be to walk in a straight line on grass but nooooo if you have ANY tile nearby they will instead walk on that and make a crank shaped path to there destination. That really pisses me off. ;(
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fetry
thanks

Quote: Originally posted by Blue
Wow. What a great idea!

Quote: Originally posted by ginnyrose
thank you so much for this

Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
Another well deserved thank you, I will test in a temple, it will be great guidance in, thank you, you are great

Thanks everybody! And great idea to use it in a temple!
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
I have a question, in the tutorial video I saw that you used some kind of shortcut to rotate the fences to perfectly fit. I have till now no frickin' idea how to do that. All I can do is click two keys on my keyboard and the fences rotate way too much! BUT I would love to do it like you showed in your video! Can you tell me the "Secret" please? Seems like I am playing Sims 4 such a long time, but I still have no clue about all those little features which would help a lot with building...
THANK you for this mod BTW. I love it! It's such a pleasure to finally see Sims using the path I create for them!

Hi Tanja! First of all, thank you very much! About your question, for free placement counts the same as free rotation. Simply press the ALT key when placing/rotating and you will have far more control over these things.
Quote: Originally posted by CRiz
Cool! Thanks Bakie but I have a question. Was it not possible to do invisible floor tiles too? Because sims tend to follow tiles even though it's far off from where I told them to go. Like the easiest path would be to walk in a straight line on grass but nooooo if you have ANY tile nearby they will instead walk on that and make a crank shaped path to there destination. That really pisses me off. ;(

Hello CRiz, I have honestly no idea if that's possible, but I can look into it. Can't priomise I will succeed though.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:02 AM
This is fantastic, Thank you...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:30 PM
Ugh this is the best thing since the last amazing thing you made
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chiastallon
This is fantastic, Thank you...

You're welcome!
Quote: Originally posted by creamegg
Ugh this is the best thing since the last amazing thing you made

Haha, which was?

Page 1 of 5