Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Geniaa : 27th Apr 2018 at 8:09 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default changeLotZoning residential code bug !
Hi and thanks for reading !

The other day, I changed a community lot to a residential lot, without any sims on it, of course. It worked and I moved a sim in, but when it finished loading, the sim wasn't here and the family mode was deactivated ! In the neighborhood, the sim was still living in the house, but even after trying to reload it several times, the family mode was still deactivated and no sim around..

Did this ever happened to someone here ? Did you found a solution ?

Thanks again and have a good day !
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:38 PM
Hmm, did you put a mailbox and rubbish bin on the lot?
Link Ninja
#3 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 6:16 PM
Hey there, I've had this happen specifically with a sim moved in, and when I would go to play it was in build mode, and the sim wasn't there. This didn't happen for me because of a lot zone change but my advice would be to make sure it is the lot causing it rather than the sim. Try moving the sim out to another place to be sure the issue is related to the lot because mine was due to some unsolved mystery of my sim not being able to be played wherever he moved and I ended up having to restore from backup up to fix.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 6:42 PM
Hey, thanks you two !

I don't really remember about the mailbox and the bin, but I think it generated itself when my sim moved.. But thanks, I'll check this !
Ok, thanks Charmful, I'll try this too !
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 11:22 PM
You have no mailbox, that's what happens if you change a community lot to residential and move sims onto it, they disappear.
No a mailbox does not generate, you have to get a downloadable one. I use the one at dream a little. (Apparently it stops M&G mailbox recolours showing *shrug* couldn't care less about them)

Move your sims out, load the lot and change the zoning back, place the mailbox and bin, change the zoning to residential, move your sims back in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 8:10 PM
Ok thanks a lot ! I edited it to solved !