Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 4:25 PM
Default Hidden neighborhood objects and buy mode object functions
There are quite a bit of neighborhood deco objects to create themed hoods. Some objects will spawn a hidden object when placed. Anyone know what objects have 'special' hidden ones? For example, place a UFO and it will occasionally move around and shine it's special light, sometimes over a house, or the top of a hill or mountain. Another is placing a water tower which will also add a flying pig blimp. The hidden objects aren't visible constantly, sometimes you need to zoom out and watch your neighborhood to see them. Some of the hidden ones have been 'un-hidden' and added to the hood menu for placement. Would anyone know where to find these hidden objects?

What do some of the buy mode objects affect? Some are hobby related but there are other deco items that may or may not actually do anything but do have effects for some sims. Some of these would be Career or Aspiration rewards as well as other things under deco or misc.. Haven't seen much discussion on what is worth using. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 7:50 PM
It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I think the Maxis "Stonehenge" and the optical telescope from Freetime (but not the base game radio telescope) will also occasionally summon a UFO.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 7:07 AM
The nuclear tower does that, I've seen the UFO rise from it before.

The flying pig is a reference to the album Animals by Pink Floyd as well as the AL power station.

If you place one of the apartment buildings from NightLife it will light up at night but the other ones won't

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 10:15 PM
Thanks, didn't know about the Nuclear tower or Stonehenge. I've seen the UFO fly around in neighborhood view when I placed the UFO hood deco.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 1:37 AM
I saw a UFO inspects the downed UFO decoration once. It kinda hovered around it for a while, maybe looking for survivors. XD