Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Home for All Seasons (CC Free)

by luvalphvle Posted 11th Feb 2018 at 12:16 AM

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 8:25 AM
It's beautiful beyond words.It reminds me of my childhood home,maybe that's why it looks so welcoming.Thanks for sharing.♥
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:47 PM
Does this lot have a seasonal lot marker on it for the party room, or are there separate rooms for separate seasons? I wasn't clear on that.
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
Does this lot have a seasonal lot marker on it for the party room, or are there separate rooms for separate seasons? I wasn't clear on that.

From the lot's description: "Seasonal lot marker located outside by front door."
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:54 PM
Just to say thanks for another good-looking & functional lot!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:33 PM Last edited by Mayor-Of-Mustard : 14th Feb 2018 at 11:29 AM.
Quarryton Pub comes with this download could you look into it? I've seen it get attached to other lot downloads, I think it's bad CC (not exactly harmful, but more of a nuisance as CC comes with Quarryton Pub, it happened with another download here called Polstuart and they managed to fix it).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mayor-Of-Mustard
Quarryton Pub comes with this download could you look into it? I've seen it get attached to other lot downloads, I think it's bad CC (not exactly harmful, but more of a nuisance as CC comes with Quarryton Pub, it happened with another download here called Polstuart and they managed to fix it).
What is Quarryton Pub?? I've never heard of it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 10:42 PM
Very cute and livable. Love it. You have a lot of talent!
Instructor
#9 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luvalphvle
What is Quarryton Pub?? I've never heard of it.

Just had a look at the file in CUSTARD and it doesn't show any CC. I would also like to know what the poster is talking about.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:06 PM
Hated it. Everything I place in the house disappears
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:38 PM
I loved! Thank you! I'll start using cool!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:51 AM
Beautiful! I loved it.I customized it to the current family I was using, and as soon as the season changed all of the stuff I bought was gone. Including some of the original stuff like the "playroom". I redid the baby's room on the top floor and had a toddler in it when the season changed and everything in the room was gone. Also, I bought my sims a car, and that was gone as well. thank god I saved before it changed. Is there a way to fix this, because I would love to keep playing with this house but I cannot take buying and be remodeling everything every sim week.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fxchrfxchr
Just had a look at the file in CUSTARD and it doesn't show any CC. I would also like to know what the poster is talking about.

I see, must've been another lot I downloaded at a similar time. It is strange how a lot gets attached to another lot. Confusing lol
Instructor
#14 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emoknob
...as soon as the season changed all of the stuff I bought was gone.

The tricky thing about the SLM is that you need to change the marker's "season" to "Common" before putting in stuff that you want to see all year round. Otherwise, anything you place in Autumn, for example, will disappear in the other seasons and only show up when Autumn comes around again.
IMO, SLMs are not so useful on residential lots (unless you never change anything ).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emoknob
Beautiful! I loved it.I customized it to the current family I was using, and as soon as the season changed all of the stuff I bought was gone. Including some of the original stuff like the "playroom". I redid the baby's room on the top floor and had a toddler in it when the season changed and everything in the room was gone. Also, I bought my sims a car, and that was gone as well. thank god I saved before it changed. Is there a way to fix this, because I would love to keep playing with this house but I cannot take buying and be remodeling everything every sim week.

If you want something to stay all year round, switch the SLM to Common before you buy and place anything.
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luvalphvle
If you want something to stay all year round, switch the SLM to Common before you buy and place anything.

Really important information there... but still hard to understand for someone who doesn't build with testing cheats enabled and buy debug. I would assume that would be the majority of people downloading lots! It would be really nice to have a tiny tutorial for your houses copy/pasted to every house you upload. I was really close to downloading it without even knowing what that "season ball" is and how it works! Google search doesn't show anything if you search by SLM only nether!

*IMPORTANT*
*Seasons Changeable Lot! Read Carefully!*
This lot includes Seasonal Lot Marker (in short SLM). Visible only after using two cheats in console command! It's a medium size silver mirror ball.
If you want to add or remove furniture, when in buy/build mode do steps written below to not lose your furniture when season change:
Press ctr+shift+c to open console command. Write testingcheatsenabled true, press enter, then once again open console command, write buydebug, press enter. Look for a silver ball somewhere on the lot. To interact with Seasonal Lot Marker (SLM) press ctr+shift+left mouse click, then you can switch it's mode to Common Mode so your furniture's won't disappear with changing seasons. Now place your furniture. It is recommended to interact with the ball again before leaving buy/build mode and choosing "Lock Common Objects in Place" option. Now you can turn off your cheats by opening the console again and writing testingcheatsenabled false. Which is probably also recommended. I heard that playing with it on can lead to save corruption... You have to do all of it each time you change your house.
Detailed tutorial about Seasonal Lot Marker found here: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/f...p?topic=13093.0 (This I used to write basic tutorial above.)
If you bulldoze a lot (Even Maxis ones!) remember to get back in it to build mode to delete the spawners and SLM, again above two cheats need to be on. To delete SLM you need to interact with it and choose delete. If you have problems grabbing something try to use moveobjects on cheat also. Do not bulldoze a lot two times, so the grid itself disappear. It will leave spawners and holes in world grid, probably preventing you from placing a lot grid there again. When finished disable cheats.

Something like this maybe? I have never built with this SLM, I even never used constrainfloorelevation cheat. So all these L shaped stairs, garages with foundation houses, basements in foundations are almost like magic to me. I don't use move objects on too, it can cause route fail so easily. Or even worse, lag when something is placed on a driveway!

Also important is a clear mention about spawners on the lot! To NOT ROTATE lot while placing or it will multiply the spawners. I would like to know exactly how many you placed plus a screenshot would be awesome, because often we need to rotate a lot... and after I would like to know which ones are intended and which to delete.

I came to comment section with questions and ended up with explaination..

I was looking for a big cool (possibly Victorian or Tudor style) and realistic (but game play moderated) house for few generations with pets (horses included), all EP&SP items possibly used as needed, no CC and possibly with Store Items. Your houses seem to fit in it the best, but there was this SLM I had no idea about.

I'm a bit worried if I won't break your houses by deleting some furniture I should not or placing something on top of something else... Um, any tips for a newbie...?

Anyways... I'll backup my game and test some of your wonderful creations. :lovestruc
Thanks!