Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 2:15 PM
Default Mesh problem
I had some stuff that I thought was ready to upload until I found a weird mesh thing while testing. It has to be the trousers rather than the top, because it happens with different tops. The skintight top just has a funny hump at the waist, but the other top actually lets you see the blue carpet through it. The hump/see-through isn't there if they're standing up straight.

Hope someone can help, thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 3:00 PM
It's just a matter of tweaking the bone assignments a little. Find one of the ingame tops and make sure the vertices around the edges of the pants align with the top. Then make sure they share the same bone assignments. For the little bit poking out, it's the same - probably a vertex with slightly off bone assignments.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:08 AM
I checked those. They have the same bone assignments as Maxis trousers and they align with the tops at the waist.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 8:51 AM
Bone assignments further down were off. Untucked top confused me. I might have to use a diff pair of trousers. I don't understand bone assignments.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 1:32 AM
Ok, I've fixed the mesh lump, but now I have this shadow. Can anybody help with that?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:12 AM
I can't tell without looking at the file, but that looks like an issue with the UV map. Take a peek at the mapping in Milkshape and see if you need to move any points around.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:26 AM
Thanks. I ended up totally redoing the mesh though. Must have been a problem with the Maxis jeans mesh, because when I used the nude mesh instead it was fine.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 9:43 AM
Some of the maxis jeans have edges, so when you try fitting the top to it, there's a chance of screwing up the normals. Using the naked meshes was probably a better idea