Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Game of Thrones :: Tywin Lannister

by billielith Posted 24th Dec 2017 at 2:50 PM - Updated 25th Jun 2023 at 5:45 PM by billielith

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 8:21 PM
24 downloads and no comments??!!! I can't believe it. I looked at that first picture and thought, "Is that the sim or is that Dance?" I'm still not positive but finally decided it must be Dance since he is wearing armor and last you said you had given up on the armor temporarily. This is such a fantastic job, @billithlith. I'm not playing a Game of Thrones neighborhood at the moment but I'll find a place for Tywin in my game somewhere. He is too good not to. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 8:59 PM
Well, it was an epic journey Billielith, but he looks great. Good job,
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 9:52 PM
Fantastic job! Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 11:42 PM
He is GORGEOUS!!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 12:30 AM
.*o§O BRAVA!! O§o*.

Billielith, he looks amazing. So regal and disdainful and seen-it-all, and he's got charisma just falling out of his pockets. Smiled to see Lorne/Andy at the table. Could not agree more about making him an adult and not an elder. This is not a dude who slouches. (^_^)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 10:33 AM Last edited by billielith : 29th Dec 2017 at 3:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
24 downloads and no comments??!!! I can't believe it. I looked at that first picture and thought, "Is that the sim or is that Dance?" I'm still not positive but finally decided it must be Dance since he is wearing armor and last you said you had given up on the armor temporarily. This is such a fantastic job, @billithlith. I'm not playing a Game of Thrones neighborhood at the moment but I'll find a place for Tywin in my game somewhere. He is too good not to. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

lol, thank you for that first comment, for your kind compliments and for your help with his nose. And you're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome, lol.

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, it was an epic journey Billielith, but he looks great. Good job,

It was an epic journey indeed, nothing about him was just easy or instantly done, every detail required work to end up correctly. And thanks so much, Maxon. You truly solved my problem with the hair by putting my focus on the ponytail mesh.

Quote: Originally posted by Sandy2Simmer
Fantastic job! Thank you very much!

Thanks Sandy, I hope you enjoy having the Lannister alpha lion in your game.

Quote: Originally posted by Red Sonja
He is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Thank you! I am happy with how he turned out. It took time and a lot of versions but Mr. Dance finally emerged in that face! lol.

Quote: Originally posted by Liz
.*o§O BRAVA!! O§o*.

Billielith, he looks amazing. So regal and disdainful and seen-it-all, and he's got charisma just falling out of his pockets. Smiled to see Lorne/Andy at the table. Could not agree more about making him an adult and not an elder. This is not a dude who slouches. (^_^)

Mr. Dance is so amazing indeed, he is an officer of the Order of the British Empire, you know? I really hope he likes this sim. He has been rewarded so many times in his extremely brilliant career. He's been playing the aristocrats in theaters, on tv and in movies since 1974!

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Gone Fishin'
#8 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 6:22 PM
Delurking to say you did a fantastic job on this Sim. Charles Dance could use him as a mirror! (Dance is one of my favourite actors of all time, BTW - and I really, really like his Tywin, there's a human aspect to him I think book Tywin doesn't have. Dance's Tywin almost has a heart. Sort of. Hidden somewhere deep, deep down. )
just a girl
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 8:25 PM
The sim is fantastic! As well as the description and pictures. You've gone a long way from "kinda resembling" to "very-very alike"
It was interesting to watch your work in progress.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 8:32 PM
Good job! I liked how you shared pics of your process - it's interesting to see how different creators do things.
Needs Coffee
#11 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 9:29 PM
Great to see him up, he looks fantastic. :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 12:32 PM Last edited by billielith : 29th Dec 2017 at 3:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by NixNivis
Delurking to say you did a fantastic job on this Sim. Charles Dance could use him as a mirror! (Dance is one of my favourite actors of all time, BTW - and I really, really like his Tywin, there's a human aspect to him I think book Tywin doesn't have. Dance's Tywin almost has a heart. Sort of. Hidden somewhere deep, deep down. )

Thanks so much NixNivis. And indeed, Mr. Dance does a fantastic job playing Tywin. When we see him interact with Arya he indeed shows some emotions. He told Arya she reminded him of his daughter, but Cersei never made him smile nor laugh the way Arya did. I think Arya reminds him of Joanna. But he will never admit that. Joanna's death is the reason he killed his emotions in the first place, and he will not go back there, as he refuses to show any weakness now. A lot of people admire Tywin's success but I think he is a sad, sad man. Arya is the closest thing to a friend that he had in a very long time.

Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
The sim is fantastic! As well as the description and pictures. You've gone a long way from "kinda resembling" to "very-very alike"
It was interesting to watch your work in progress.

Thanks so much, Lamare! :D
I appreciated your constructive criticism so, soo much. You were so always on the point. I've appreciated your honesty and your eye for spotting what worked and what didn't. You helped me get this sim better! He wouldn't have been so 'very-very alike' without you!

Quote: Originally posted by Azelanne
Good job! I liked how you shared pics of your process - it's interesting to see how different creators do things.

Thank you Azelanne! Tywin has certainly been a lot of work, so many details to process. And the game was not made to make sims like him. My facebook friends were flooded with updates every week and some of them are glad that it's finally over, lol.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Great to see him up, he looks fantastic. :D

Thank you! You helped me a great deal as well. You helped me see how he needed another hair mesh than the Maxis bald one. In fact I am considering to make a set of his current hair mesh, for other sims.

Theorist
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 2:49 PM
You really did a great job with him.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 6:20 PM
I've been so waiting for this one. He looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
You really did a great job with him.

Thank you Penelope. :D

Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
I've been so waiting for this one. He looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you! And thanks for your help on the Feedback forum. He smiles a lot as a sim, that's a little weird, lol. Enjoy!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 2:42 PM
I don't think that someone can do a better Tywin Lannister than yours. This is very very good. Bravo and merci beaucoup.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ninaerys
I don't think that someone can do a better Tywin Lannister than yours. This is very very good. Bravo and merci beaucoup.

Thank you so much! Merci, c'est très gentil!

Inventor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 8:47 AM
Fantastic job and an amazing likeness! Love seeing your process. It's always fun to see a project from the beginning to the end..
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
Fantastic job and an amazing likeness! Love seeing your process. It's always fun to see a project from the beginning to the end..

Thank you! And it's true, we rarely get to see the process behind a project. I keep repeating it, but I feel so thankful for all the help I had for this one. People's support felt incredible!

In Sims games people can have an idea of the work we do, because we all have to go through CAS. In other circumstances most people would never guess the 'behind the scenes' work. Like for example in Game of Thrones. They work so hard to make it as realistic as possible, not just the actors, but all the people making the sets and costumes. Once I've watched a 'behind the scene' where they were making the prosthetics for the White Walkers. I could never do something like that! It's incredible the countless hours these people can put on each piece!

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:24 AM
Really, really good. Really, really nice. :D

My derring-do allows me to dance the rigadoon around you. But by the time I'm close to you, I lose my desideratum.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Namiex3
Really, really good. Really, really nice. :D

Thanks so much! So are yours. Especially your Arya! :D

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:03 AM
Absolutely amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a likeness so pure. I'm somewhat afraid of the old man so it will be interesting to see him in my world! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jain
Absolutely amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a likeness so pure. I'm somewhat afraid of the old man so it will be interesting to see him in my world! Thank you!

You are really kind. Thank you very much!
He is definitely scary. A difficult person on so many levels!

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:16 PM
You've done an outstanding job on this. Like Angela Channing in Falcon Crest tv series said once. persistency generates success. I like to see you do Jim Morrison from the doors. Thanks for sharing.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telefen
You've done an outstanding job on this. Like Angela Channing in Falcon Crest tv series said once. persistency generates success. I like to see you do Jim Morrison from the doors. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much, you are too kind.
I don't think I will sim any musician soon, but I plan on finishing a sim of the american actor Jack Nicholson. I started making his sim a long time ago, and I have new tools and more experience now.

Page 1 of 2