Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 3:45 PM
Default gaps in a house
An overhanging upper level leaves a gap when view at certain levels. From a lower level you don't see it; you can see the "ceiling" of the overhang.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 3:35 AM
So, is your wcif for something to hide it, or is this in the wrong thread?

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Theorist
#3 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 4:56 AM
Do you use Mootilda's Floor Edge invisible recolor? That's what I got when I used it so I switched it to the lightwood.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:57 AM
I do have some "edges", some individual pieces that need to be placed, some are "fences". And I do have different defaults that change JUST the edge (like what you see around the EDGE of a balcony). But the picture shows a bigger area that is like an open area, not just a floor EDGE.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 10:18 PM
Do you actually have a floor in there?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 12:07 AM
Click the ceiling tile tool off and on. if it still doesn't show it's probably missing the tile, just put it in like any floor tile.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 4:07 AM
See first post: "from a lower lever you don't see it {the gap}, but you CAN see the ceiling of the overhang". I wish I could show more pics, but MYP is not working for me.
This 2-story house is on a foundation. The porch is the part with the connecting columns. If you went down a level (ground level), you can see that the porch has a ceiling. The picture is UP A LEVEL, it's looking from the 1st floor. From any other angle, the upper room over the pouch looks intact. The ceiling of the 1st story should be the same level as the FLOOR of the 2nd story - but somehow it's NOT. So strange. Yes, I know to turn the ceiling tool on, and I have often changed the default "ceiling" with some custom tiles.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 9:27 AM
I find that I need to have the ceiling visible to the camera when I go up a level. So, position the camera roughtly where it is in your image, and have the house showing ground level so that you can see the ceiling. Then, when you hit the 'Page up' key you should see the upper floor, and the lower floor ceilings also.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Do you use Mootilda's Floor Edge invisible recolor? That's what I got when I used it so I switched it to the lightwood.

Any CaliBrat is the winner! I do have this mod, even remembered you can only have ONE of her recolors in your Downloads... I just did not realize I was using the INVISIBLE edge!