Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 12:00 PM
Default How to create a cloth-hood?
Hi!
I have been inactive here for a few months, but I hope that I can explain this clear.
The thing is that I want to create four music videos that relate to each other with The Sims 3, and my plan/project is to create by my own clothes and hair.
How do I create a hood in Blender?
I have not found some tutorials for this.
Does anyone know?
Thank you in advanced!
(Image Below)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kagamine Rin
Hi!
I have been inactive here for a few months, but I hope that I can explain this clear.
The thing is that I want to create four music videos that relate to each other with The Sims 3, and my plan/project is to create by my own clothes and hair.
How do I create a hood in Blender?
I have not found some tutorials for this.
Does anyone know?
Thank you in advanced!
(Image Below)

I'm sorry but do you mind explaining what you meant from hoodie? Did you meant a jacket or something? I must admit that I don't know anything about 3d modeling yet and i'm still trying to fix adult to child mesh that have holes showing through them on Milkshape. I heard it's something to do with the bones or something like that but it's too difficult for me to figure out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 12:24 PM
Default Sorry to mess things up!
Oh, sorry! Then I didn´t make myself clear.
Well, I realize my first post wasn´t understandable.
Kind of you to post here though!
How I want the hoodie is in the picture, exactly like that!
With a cape and ribbon attached to the hood if you understand what I mean.
I cannot say I´m super talented with this(started to understand meshing ca year 2014-2015, slow-learner I think...), but I gladly help you if you need help with your project!
What do you guys think, should I use Marvelous Designer(MD)instead of Blender?
And if so, how can I find some good patterns then?
Thank you!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 4:07 AM Last edited by Gamegenius : 12th Dec 2017 at 4:37 AM.
Oh, sorry! Then I didn´t make myself clear.
Well, I realize my first post wasn´t understandable.
Kind of you to post here though!
How I want the hoodie is in the picture, exactly like that!
With a cape and ribbon attached to the hood if you understand what I mean.
I cannot say I´m super talented with this(started to understand meshing ca year 2014-2015, slow-learner I think...), but I gladly help you if you need help with your project!
What do you guys think, should I use Marvelous Designer(MD)instead of Blender?
And if so, how can I find some good patterns then?
Thank you!

I sure wish I could help you out but i'm a total noob when it comes to 3d modeling but that doesn't mean that I don't want to learn because I sure do. Anyways what's the difference between Marvelous Designer and Blender? I had only tried out Blender so far and the layout is too overwhelming for a beginner like me. However if you're interested in helping me out then here's a download of project that i'm working on fixing up. Only problem is that the game keeps crashing whenever I load the package up and you could literally see through the pants. Here's
a post that would explain the problem better along with some helpful information that might help you learn a bit more on meshing. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603313. The one that I attached to this post is the one i'm working on now while the one on the other thread is my old one.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  cmbaggyassortedjeans.rar (1.28 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 5:36 PM
Default I may have been fixed your mesh!
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegenius
I sure wish I could help you out but i'm a total noob when it comes to 3d modeling but that doesn't mean that I don't want to learn because I sure do. Anyways what's the difference between Marvelous Designer and Blender? I had only tried out Blender so far and the layout is too overwhelming for a beginner like me. However if you're interested in helping me out then here's a download of project that i'm working on fixing up. Only problem is that the game keeps crashing whenever I load the package up and you could literally see through the pants. Here's
a post that would explain the problem better along with some helpful information that might help you learn a bit more on meshing. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603313. The one that I attached to this post is the one i'm working on now while the one on the other thread is my old one.
Hi again! I sent you a private message! I hope I fixed your mesh, Good Luck!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cm_BaggyAssortedJeansLong(fixed).zip (332.9 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Description: A probably fixed mesh for you.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 6:36 PM
Personally it depends on what you feel comfortable with, because you could just use Maya as well or another Autodesk program... so it really just depends on what you feel comfortable meshing with I do have to say, when making hoods, the bones can act really weird, like bits and pieces sticking out around the armpit part (Of course it depends on how long the hood is, like say, upper back, then it should work but longer than that, will give issues). I've never made a hood that length though but I did make a tall version and had to cancel that project because I simply couldn't fix the bones issue :/ so just want to warn you for that!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Gamegenius : 4th Jan 2018 at 9:40 PM.
Hi again! I sent you a private message! I hope I fixed your mesh, Good Luck!

Thank you for helping me out with my jeans problem and I'll fix the rest later on. I sure wish that I know my way around Blender and that I know how to 3d model so I could help you out on your hoodie. Like I mentioned in my other posts I'm too busy taking care of my grandparents and I currently to a first grade level special needs program at my church and I learn as much there as I already did back in elementary but less. Although I do like some of the activities they do there but just mostly the outings so my situation right now is complicated. And to help you out with your choice of what 3d program to use I've seen a video of somebody making a Sims 3 hoodie on Marvelous Designer but Blender has more support and has a larger community along with helpful tutorials posted on their site and all over Youtube so I'd go with Blender not because of only that but it's free as well but you could make great stuff with Marvelous Designer as well too. I haven't given up on your yet and I have a good idea that just popped in my head. Although i'm a lousy artist and drawer I think I'm going to try and sketch the hoodie out for you on a piece of paper so that you have a better base to work on since I don't have a drawing tablet yet.
Since my drawing skills are really terrible I converted the image to a pencil drawing on Photoshop. I've even made a darker version so that the drawing would look more detailed. I hope that it would help you some.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegenius
Thank you for helping me out with my jeans problem and I'll fix the rest later on. I sure wish that I know my way around Blender and that I know how to 3d model so I could help you out on your hoodie. Like I mentioned in my other posts I'm too busy taking care of my grandparents and I currently to a first grade level special needs program at my church and I learn as much there as I already did back in elementary but less. Although I do like some of the activities they do there but just mostly the outings so my situation right now is complicated. And to help you out with your choice of what 3d program to use I've seen a video of somebody making a Sims 3 hoodie on Marvelous Designer but Blender has more support and has a larger community along with helpful tutorials posted on their site and all over Youtube so I'd go with Blender not because of only that but it's free as well but you could make great stuff with Marvelous Designer as well too. I haven't given up on your yet and I have a good idea that just popped in my head. Although i'm a lousy artist and drawer I think I'm going to try and sketch the hoodie out for you on a piece of paper so that you have a better base to work on since I don't have a drawing tablet yet.
Since my drawing skills are really terrible I converted the image to a pencil drawing on Photoshop. I've even made a darker version so that the drawing would look more detailed. I hope that it would help you some.
Aww...That so sweet of you!
I like your involvement to really help me!
That´s much appriciated!
Well, I can see what I can do.
As Lyralei Mentoined above, It´s the bones near the sims bodies arms that can distort in my project.
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:25 PM Last edited by Gamegenius : 5th Jan 2018 at 11:30 PM.
Aww...That so sweet of you!
I like your involvement to really help me!
That´s much appriciated!
Well, I can see what I can do.
As Lyralei Mentoined above, It´s the bones near the sims bodies arms that can distort in my project.
Thank you!

Thanks I appreciate your comment. I've always been that way but I just don't express it by using my mouth and I may not be much help to you but i'm still dedicated to help you finish this project and I'm currently watching a video where a guy teaches you how to make a coffee mug in Blender to get me started on 3d modelling. It's not much but I thought it would be a good way for me to start learning 3d modeling since college isn't an option for me right now and did you decide to pick up on your project and try to create your hoodie again and how did you know how to fix the jeans mesh that I was working on? I've also found a good Blender tutorial on Youtube that teaches you how to make clothes and outfits that I thought would help you out a lot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNy4d33WS3M and this tutorial teaches you how to use Marvelous Designer if you prefer to use that instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1di8iIkDcE. There's also these videos made by the same person that teaches you how to make pants and a wetsuit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGcpBq4DUPw and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT0...eature=youtu.be there's also this video about Marvelous Designer that shows you how to make a sporty outfit for women https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMPkOvwrMdI. Tell me if they helped you some.