Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Set Filters on Paintings by Reference v4

by scumbumbo Posted 13th Nov 2017 at 5:37 AM - Updated 18th Apr 2019 at 12:08 AM by scumbumbo : Updated for 04/16/2019 game patch

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:50 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:04 AM
This is awesome, Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:34 AM
Wow! This feature is so useful. Thank you so much for this mod!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 8:11 AM
OMG! :lovestruc I don't know how long have I wanted someone to find the way to remove this ugly filter (which has nothing to do with oil painting)? I didn't allow my sims painting by reference, because the pictures always looked so awful. That will change now. Thank you so much! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:17 AM
Well butter my butt and call me Bob Pancakes! Scumbumbo's returned!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 3:17 PM
Not only is Scumbumbo back, but his/her (apologies for not knowing which personal pronoun to go for) sense of timing could hardly have been better. While I play an old save during the long wait for the mods to settle down after the Dogs-dinner/Cat-astrophic update, I was busy finishing a Sim painter's upgrade to the top tier. At a (brush)stroke, this sorts out one of the biggest annoyances. Many thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 3:39 PM
Yay! Thank you sooo much! You have no idea how much this bothered me, compared to the Sims3 way of decorating my house with all kinds of 'selfmade' paintings. Now in combination with the moveable easel this is just simply perfect to have the most awesome paintings ever in your sims' houses.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:10 PM
This is f*cking great! Always hated how those Paintings looked like^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:15 PM
Thank you SO much!!! I have been waiting for something like this for a long time! This is awesome!
I am wondering, is there any way to have a paint-like filter option which doesn't look like the original filter, but is not as clear as a photograph and has some strokes etc?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:10 PM
thank you and glad to see you back!!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lkandak
Thank you SO much!!! I have been waiting for something like this for a long time! This is awesome!
I am wondering, is there any way to have a paint-like filter option which doesn't look like the original filter, but is not as clear as a photograph and has some strokes etc?

Glad you like it.

I don't want to say actually changing that filter is impossible, but those filter effects are generated somewhere in the C code or possibly the user interface code, not in the core moddable areas of the game. So unless someone figures out how to replace those filters, switching it to another one of the built-in filters is the best that can be done.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 9:59 PM
This is amazing, thanks so much for this Mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:27 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:28 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you
I have been wanting this ever since paint by reference was added. I loved the paintings in Sims 2 that didn't really have a filter..nice and clear.....thank you SO SO much for this mod.

Vista is a problem that needs a solution -- preferably one with a pH of 0.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:43 AM
This great. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:17 AM
I was hoping someone would crack this! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:22 AM
I couldn't download this fast enough. Thank you!!! And welcome back!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:21 PM
Oh my god the moment I saw this I instantly downloaded it! I loved my sims making paintings of their children or animals but that blurry texture ruined it for me.. This is a lifesaver, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 5:28 PM
Thanks so much for this! Paintings from reference were always annoying with that filter when you were trying to get good family paintings, etc.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 12:09 PM
Thanks so much!!!!!!! I hated the "fuzzy" paintings.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 10:46 PM
Thank you so much, I never wanted to use the paint by reference because the paintings became so ugly, now I can.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 11:16 PM
This is totally awesome! Thank you so very much!!! Now if only you could do this for TS3...my walls would be so full of wonderful paintings in both games.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Glad you like it.

I don't want to say actually changing that filter is impossible, but those filter effects are generated somewhere in the C code or possibly the user interface code, not in the core moddable areas of the game. So unless someone figures out how to replace those filters, switching it to another one of the built-in filters is the best that can be done.

I figured it might be hard to do, just thought I'd ask! Thanks either way, it is definitely a huge improvement I was considering making some of my sims still life paintings into CC paintings taken from screenshots myself to get rid of the effect before this came out!

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 4:04 PM
You're an absolute hero. Reference paintings have always been senselessly hideous.
Page 1 of 5