Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 2571 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 3:25 PM Last edited by Little Nemo : 2nd Oct 2017 at 3:47 PM.
Default A seedy Tattoo Parlor - 'essential' CC separately included
Okay, being stuck on working out the flaws on my wave pool lot, I had this idea for a kind of seedy Tattoo Parlor - it is supposed to be in a grungy part of town, where you'll get your ultracool Tattoo for a cheap price - lots of fun with septic infections included....

I tested this lot, and found no problem with it, but again, I would like a second opinion... that and the fact that I suck at making a thread, as you can see...

A problem when installing might be the windows on the front - I placed these uranium glow stick wall lamps at the window front with moveobjects on, which upon installing might block the windows from going correctly through the wall - best solution: you enter moveobjects on, move the lamps on the front away (bit difficult), grab the windows but not move them - they should then go through the walls again, and by pressing the undo button, the issue should resolve...

A bigger problem is probably Morague's Anatomy bits box, since it gives nipples and stuff... so even if it is not 'visible' right now, this might actually make it necessary to rather upload this on Sexysims if at all, I guess... - another reason, why I would like to ask, whether or not this would be allowed....

I actually tried making my own tattoo box, but failed miserably...
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: 7z Tattoo Parlor.7z (208.0 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Description: The actual Lot
File Type: 7z Tattoo CC.7z (7.08 MB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Tattoo & Bodyhair Objects (the fixed ones), Anatomy Bits and Sim Blender - all compressed
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:36 AM
You can't upload things like Morague's Anatomy bits here nor the hair overlay box, but apart from that it has nothing to do with a tattoo parlor. Those are game play preferences that some people will have for their sims or not. Make sure whatever CC you include is actually needed. You also need to be sure the creator of the CC has a free to reupload in lot policies with a credit and a direct link to the download.
With the other non allowed CC you may say that you recommend these other items and link to them with a warning if it goes to an adult site.

Now to your lot itself, you will need to change the roof set up since it's very non realistic for that type of lot to see things like tents and beach umbrellas on the roof of an urban styled lot. It also doesn't look very playable with routing issues. People can always add those type of things if they want them. I would keep the items few and things that don't stick over the roof line. Can the BBQ even be used on an angle, some items can't.

We do prefer buildings not be a box but that will pass if you design a very nicely decorated box which it appears to be.

I can't properly see your floor plan though. Make sure you take your floor plan as close as possible, we do not want the surrounds just your building.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 6:03 AM
I really like your use of the massage table as being for "tattoo table for the back". Clever! I think the roof is a bit too cluttered, and that less might be more in this case. Overall, a very cool idea though!
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 11:10 PM
I like this lot as-is and looking forward to have it in my game. And thank you very much for overlay boxes edits.
Just a question, are SpaceDoll's Flash tattoos actually fixed? So will they really stick?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Little Nemo : 26th Nov 2017 at 9:06 PM.
Unfortunately not - I tried several times, following Rikkulideas Tutorial every step, tried it with different tattoo boxes, different tattoos, reread everything I could find regarding the matter - every. single.time. the tattoos don't show up anymore... and I have no one to ask what I do wrong....

Note: still reworking the lot - removed the body hair and naughty bits in the new version, removed most of the stuff on the roof... the original design was meant to be similar to a small rooftop party ground... and I absolutely agree, the tent looks silly, it just works good for a community business if you really want to level it to the top...