Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:58 PM
Default looking for a way to get rid of borked files.
I have a lot of CC in game. All in subfolders.
Sometimes I find borked files while playing, but I don't know
what the name of the file is, just that it might be clothing or build, etc.
As the Sims4 no longer has a delete option in game, how can one find these files to remove them, short of testing each and every file?
I have the conflict dertector, but it doesn't seem to acknowledge messed up CC.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

remember it takes more muscles to frown than to smile!!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:42 AM
Suggestion: If you've got Sims 4 Studio, repair your mirrors, counters, bookshelves, lighting, ect, under "batch fixes". I had a lot of CC I couldn't use because it was out of date, I would try to place it and get "script call failed". Doing a batch fix in SIms 4 Studio will fix those right up.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:48 PM
Sims4studio is great for culling content, and re-categorizing (yes, I have found adult hairs categorized for toddlers!!!! - which, as history has taught us, can make our game crazy) - I also use http://luniversims.com/files/file/7...-tray-importer/.

If you are in-game, you can create a house or sim, save them to your library with all the crap content, exit the game, and use the tray importer to tell you what the content is, and then delete it. Helpful for when you have thousands of mods (because S4S can slow down with 6000+ mods)

Whenever I use Sims4studio, and the program quits working on specific mods - I delete those as well. If S4S doesn't like them, then maybe I don't need them either.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:02 PM
Good rule, if you can't tell what a package is, even in S4S, delete it, because if you can't tell what it is, then how are you even gonna miss it?