Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 14th Aug 2017 at 7:05 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Help! I have an error!!!
I was going to play my saved game but instead I got this message:
"A serious error has occured while loading "filename.sims3". It is strongly reccomended that you restart the application."
I have expansion packs and stuff puck where "University Life" and "70s 80s 90s Stuff" are the last one of mentioned. I also have mods like "Story Progression", "Master Controller" and "Overwatch". My PC is running on Windows 7.
Can anyone help? This is the 1st time I ever played my sim game so passionately. I don't want to lose it
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 5:50 PM
Sounds like it's corrupted - or permanently broken. Or irreparable. Or fucked up beyond all repair.
Luckily, the game makes backups of your saves. Maybe the backup will work. Just follow this tutorial.
And for a final piece of advice, post in the help section because people here don't like it when you don't.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM
That's why we're moving it right to the help forum!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:08 AM
Oh Greenie, where would we be without you?

(Smartass answer: On the general board, instead of the help board )

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:39 AM
The most common reasons for the "serious error has occurred" message are:

-- The game or a portion of its files are open and in use or locked up while the game is trying to start. Just having some subfolders of the TS3 user game folder in Documents hanging open in Windows Explorer can do this, so can having package files open in a package editing program like S3PE. Try again after restarting your computer, but without opening up any files or folder directories.

-- Your are too low on drive space on the drive on which the game is installed.

-- The underlying world file for the world you are trying to play is no longer installed.

-- You are playing a pirated version of the game (sorry, no help there).

-- Kind of some of the things Grijze said, sort of. Try loading up a different saved game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Sounds like it's corrupted - or permanently broken. Or irreparable. Or fucked up beyond all repair.
Luckily, the game makes backups of your saves. Maybe the backup will work. Just follow this tutorial.
And for a final piece of advice, post in the help section because people here don't like it when you don't.

Thanks for help. It worked
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 2:53 PM
It worked? Great! Glad to have been of help.

insert signature here