Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Black Rectangle Glitch on Pool Bar?
So, I was creating a resort and placed down a pool bar. It looks perfectly fine until I place it, which is when a black rectangle appears above the stools. It doesn't affect game play but it's extremely annoying, and I really would like to know a way to get rid of it. Here's a picture of it:
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:34 PM
Mmm, that's weird... I see the textures and water in your game don't look quite right either. Is your graphics card supported? Check this list to find out. Does the game recognize your graphics card? Are the drivers of your graphic card up to date?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 6:55 PM
Sorry for the late reply.

The textures for the water are like that in build/buy mode but are perfectly normal in live mode. Also, after checking the list, I couldn't find my graphics card listed. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x130F) and it runs all games (including Sims 3) I have in high graphics perfectly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
run a clean game. more or rename your user folder.

You mean with out mods/custom content? I tried that recently and it didn't change anything. I also tried clearing the cache, and that didn't work either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
remove the whole user folder, not just the mod folder and cc contents.

There's a log file called deviceconfig in your user folder, plz copy and paste the content up to the GPU on here.

--

I'm hoping that it is somewhat related to something in your user folder that is having a conflict. You may even want to reinstall the EP with that pool bar if that is the only problem. Otherwise we'll need someone with the same GPU to confirm if this is a GPU problem, which case there's nothing else can be done.

Sorry for the late reply. (Again)

It turns out that won't be required. The solution was simple, actually. I showed a friend who also plays Sims 3 and she seemed to never have a problem with the pool bar, but she told me this has happened to her and she fixed it by simply setting textures to high and shadows to medium. I had all graphics at medium (except shadows, reflection, lighting and Sim detail, which were at max)

Solution: Set the texture detail to high and shadow detail to medium.

Sorry if I seemed to make a mess of posting over a stupid graphics error.