Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 2:49 PM Last edited by magicslippers : 20th Jun 2017 at 10:45 PM. Reason: solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pet disappearing a few seconds after being adopted
Ok, so i came across a weird bug: i adopted a puppy, after the officer "brought" the dog in (which was weird too, the officer teleported out of the car, back in and drove away, never actually bringing the dog) the puppy never showed up in the controllable sims panel. So i exited the lot (accidentally saved...) and noticed that the dog appears in the family picture.

I re-entered the lot and the dog was in the sims panel for a few seconds until the game froze for a second and the dog disappeared. I tried to force an error on the dog after re-entering the lot the 2nd time but that didn't help, i also tried to give the dog away to pet adoption services which didn't work (it said that it was successful but the dog didn't actually get taken away as i still had the option to give it away).

Any ideas what to do? It's a regular residential lot.

Cheers, Maggie

Edit: i attached the error log (why did that create an automatic link to another thread? ) i got by forcing an error with boolprop.
Edit2: problem solved, it was a mod sign that doesn't allow strays on lot, apparently also works on actual pets...
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  ObjectError_N004_t32792.7z (16.4 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 3:58 PM
You have a bad mod which is causing this. Did you run through the FAQ before posting?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
You have a bad mod which is causing this. Did you run through the FAQ before posting?

Yes i did, i can't think of any mod that would cause it, i haven't added any new mods and i don't have any pet related mods...

Any idea what sort of mod could cause this kind of an issue?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 8:36 PM
Almost anything - anything related to pets, cars, portals, family limits, selectability, visitors... that's why the FAQ says to systematically find the culprit, not try to guess what it might be.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 10:18 PM
Is it just this one pet or all pets? make a back up and pull your download folder. If the pet shows up normally you will know it's a cc issue if its still glitched its something else.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Almost anything - anything related to pets, cars, portals, family limits, selectability, visitors... that's why the FAQ says to systematically find the culprit, not try to guess what it might be.

I figured i'd post here before starting to remove anything in case anyone knew what could be the cause BUT i solved it, i can't believe i missed a mod in my folder: it's a sign that doesn't allow dogs on a lot (apparently works on pets too, not just strays), i had it hidden on the house's foundation so didn't see it there either

Thank you all for the responses! Here, have a happy puppy: