Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Skilling for Inactive Sims

by Neia Posted 17th May 2017 at 12:21 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2020 at 3:35 PM by Neia

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th May 2017 at 1:46 PM
Thanks for made this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th May 2017 at 7:29 PM
Thank you so much! Just what I need for my BAAC challenge!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th May 2017 at 8:41 PM
Thank you for this relevant mod, your work is always a pleasure
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th May 2017 at 3:43 PM
This mod is so much needed and very much appreciated, thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:53 PM
"Actively playing" as in sims from an inactive household? Or any non-played sims? AKA can I still use the option to have a sim work on their skills while I'm playing with a different sim from the same household but on a different lot?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st May 2017 at 7:18 AM
Is this mod ok to use with all the new changes from the patch and new parenthood game pack?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
"Actively playing" as in sims from an inactive household? Or any non-played sims? AKA can I still use the option to have a sim work on their skills while I'm playing with a different sim from the same household but on a different lot?

Actively playing = one of the eight Sims at the bottom of the UI. I double-checked and one of these 8 Sims building skills while at work or on another lot is untouched and working.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 12:16 AM
This needs more attention.

Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 2:16 AM
Thank you so much for this wonderful mod, but I noticed it does not work for toddler skills.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kmonica
Thank you so much for this wonderful mod, but I noticed it does not work for toddler skills.

I agree, it does not work for my toddlers either.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 9:10 PM
Thanks for the reports, I'll take a look
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 5:36 PM
Thank you so much for this mod!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:51 PM
Hello Neia,

Just want to report that the mod does not seem to work for toddler skills after the seasons patch. I hope you could make it work, I cannot live without this mod!!!! :-)) THANK YOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:01 PM
Just what I need :D
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 11:40 PM
Does this mod still work?
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 2:17 AM
This is one mod I've been looking for. I can wait until you have an update ready for us, Neia.

@I_Love_The_Sims_2_Forever
It doesn't work right now as of the 1.47 update.
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squark
This is one mod I've been looking for. I can wait until you have an update ready for us, Neia.

@I_Love_The_Sims_2_Forever
It doesn't work right now as of the 1.47 update.

This still works for me. I went to yoga with Penny Pizzazz and then when I switched over to her she had not gained the mediation skill.

Is it not working for any new Get Famous skills? I do not have that EP so I cannot test.
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purpleflavored
This still works for me. I went to yoga with Penny Pizzazz and then when I switched over to her she had not gained the mediation skill.

Is it not working for any new Get Famous skills? I do not have that EP so I cannot test.
Maybe, maybe not. It's a ts4script file. The Get Famous patch (Nov 13) broke script mods.
I'll wait until Neia gets better so we can know which ones have been updated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 9:15 PM
This is really useful! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 4:47 PM
Thanks!!!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 10:49 AM
This doesn't seem to be working in my game with the June update.
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PCp20
This doesn't seem to be working in my game with the June update.

Excuse me, but the June update of 2019 hasn't even been released yet! So how could it possibly disrupt this mod in your game then???

I think you made a mistake and meant the last update back in April. If that's the case then let me say that it works fine in my game. The only minor issue I have (which was all I wanted to mention before I saw the previous post) is that it really does not work with inactive toddlers. They do receive skill and value points regardless of whether you invite them over for a visit to your household or visit a household with toddlers. This is not really a complaint, dear Neia, just an observation.
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DragonCT
Excuse me, but the June update of 2019 hasn't even been released yet! So how could it possibly disrupt this mod in your game then???

I think you made a mistake and meant the last update back in April. If that's the case then let me say that it works fine in my game. The only minor issue I have (which was all I wanted to mention before I saw the previous post) is that it really does not work with inactive toddlers. They do receive skill and value points regardless of whether you invite them over for a visit to your household or visit a household with toddlers. This is not really a complaint, dear Neia, just an observation.

I meant the most recent patch at the time, I'm sure, but I admit I went a bit mental and just typed "June." For whatever reason I was getting LEs with this mod even after updating so I removed it. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 3:14 PM
@Neia
Congratulations!

Does anyone know if this still works as of the Island Living update?