Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newcrest: Filled!

by SnowieSimmer Posted 5th May 2017 at 7:18 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2019 at 4:58 PM by SnowieSimmer

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th May 2017 at 7:51 PM
thank you! i am excited to check this out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th May 2017 at 8:17 PM
Wow! How long did this take to do?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th May 2017 at 8:19 PM
Thank You, very nice.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2017 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by steadypaws
Wow! How long did this take to do?

So, so many hours. The two big houses took 4-5 hours each, and I have no idea how long the rest of them took. We won't get into the time spent editing the videos for YouTube :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th May 2017 at 10:24 PM
i like empty new crest for my lot tests
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th May 2017 at 12:09 AM
I hate how empty Newcrest is, especially considering the map itself doesn't have much to it either. Thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th May 2017 at 4:15 AM
My families with children and the grandfolks all live in newcrest but your newcrest looks very nice
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th May 2017 at 9:14 AM
YAY you rescued all lazy people now including me you're my hero thank you :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th May 2017 at 11:37 AM
I already wondered why I don't have to delete everything in Newcrest before actually starting... Thanks, this brings a somehow "the way it should be by default" feeling back to the game.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th May 2017 at 4:54 PM
This is a great idea! I always laugh when people complain about having no space in the game; I have more empty lots than full ones. Usually I love making lots, but the lack of CASt and terrain tools in TS4 just leaves me feeling lazy and uninspired. Thanks for doing all the hard work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th May 2017 at 2:21 AM
This is a great upload/download! I don't like trying to fill Newcrest with buildings when I start a new game, and this will make a great place to start off a new Legacy challenge!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th May 2017 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IAmTheRad
This is a great upload/download! I don't like trying to fill Newcrest with buildings when I start a new game, and this will make a great place to start off a new Legacy challenge!

I hope you enjoy playing around with it If you notice any issues on lots, let me know. I'm already aware of one of the desk chairs being missing at the library (MOO problems), so let me know if you see anything else. I'll probably update this with any fixes necessary once I have a few to do.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th May 2017 at 8:55 AM
I hope you enjoyed creating such a wonderful and pleasant world as much as I would love to do it too one day, Awesome world! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th May 2017 at 11:11 AM
I do like building new lots and creating sims but sometimes it's nce not to have to do it, thanks for this, I'll give it a try. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th May 2017 at 12:02 PM
Awesome! Thank you!
I've never used Newcrest because of its emptyness, I'm to lazy to build all of that houses.
Now I can play happily!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th May 2017 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewhoopingblob
Hey, uh. Hate to be this guy, but upon installing this, I've entirely lost the option to load games. The only button I have on the main menu is the giant "continue" button. Even after uninstalling the mod, this is keeping up. Any suggestions? :/

Hmm, I don't see how adding a save file would really screw the game up at all. When you copied the save files into your saves folder, did you let it overwrite any files? It's the "first" save file, so it will overwrite your very first save file. As far as I know, creating a renamed copy of the file just makes it not show up in the load game section.
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th May 2017 at 3:37 AM
Is there a way to 'merge' saves? That is, keep everything in my old game, but now have this filled Newcrest?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th May 2017 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by superdave
Is there a way to 'merge' saves? That is, keep everything in my old game, but now have this filled Newcrest?

I would just go into your old save file and hit "Save As", which will create a copy of the file with a new name. Then you should be able to safely move the Newcrest files into your folder and let them overwrite the old ones, but still have both saves.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th May 2017 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowieSimmer
I would just go into your old save file and hit "Save As", which will create a copy of the file with a new name. Then you should be able to safely move the Newcrest files into your folder and let them overwrite the old ones, but still have both saves.

Sorry, I meant like, have my sim family that I've already been playing, but also all their friendships with people around town and such. But move them into a new house in Newcrest
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th May 2017 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by superdave
Sorry, I meant like, have my sim family that I've already been playing, but also all their friendships with people around town and such. But move them into a new house in Newcrest

Ah, well in that case you could just download the lots/households from the gallery. I have them all uploaded under #NSB, so you can just place the ones you want. You can try to follow the picture of the map view to get them on the "right" lots

For households, just check their description to see which house was designed for them. You'll want to use the free real estate cheat, but the Price household can move in without it.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 31st May 2017 at 12:13 PM
Ach, I will forever miss an opportunity to create and install worlds as it was in sims 3. Sims 3 forever and ever.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st May 2017 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by exlibrisas
Ach, I will forever miss an opportunity to create and install worlds as it was in sims 3. Sims 3 forever and ever.

Yeah, we REALLY need a Create-A-World tool. Even if they're just small worlds like Magnolia Promenade and Forgotten Hollow.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 3:48 AM
Looking forward to using this. It looks awesome.
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:44 PM
Hello! This is kinda not working with my game, when I try to play with my family it just loads back to the world select I used to play this world.
Page 1 of 2