Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 23
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 2:08 PM
I'm bit puzzled- this mod allow add 2 more main traits or only addictional reward traits? one pic shows 5 main traits are equipped...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 2:30 PM
thanks you!! cool mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 2:42 PM
Thank you so so much!
Embyr311's mod did not work for me anymore because I couldn't see half of the traits.
I'm so happy that you took the time to fix his mod and make it workable!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:09 PM Last edited by chingyu1023 : 15th Mar 2017 at 3:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
I'm bit puzzled- this mod allow add 2 more main traits or only addictional reward traits? one pic shows 5 main traits are equipped...

Hi! :lovestruc The mod allow adding more than the default amount of CAS (so called personality/main) traits, like Loner, Romantic, Foodie, etc. Without this mod, you can only have 1 CAS trait for toddler, 1 CAS trait for child, 2 CAS traits for teen and 3 CAS traits for Young Adult or above. With this mod, depends on which version you use, you can add more than those amount of CAS traits for a sim. For example, if you use version 6, your sims can have 2 CAS Trait at Toddler age, 3 CAS Trait at Child age , 5 CAS Trait at Teen age, 6 CAS Trait at Young Adult/Adult/Elder age. Reward traits are not considered as CAS traits so sims can have as many as they can. Reward traits won't affect the amount of CAS (/personality/main) traits that your sims can have.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kt7031
thanks you!! cool mod

Thanks frd!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Hi! :lovestruc The mod allow adding more than the default amount of CAS (so called personality/main) traits, like Loner, Romantic, Foodie, etc. Without this mod, you can only have 1 CAS trait for toddler, 1 CAS trait for child, 2 CAS traits for teen and 3 CAS traits for Young Adult or above. With this mod, depends on which version you use, you can add more than those amount of CAS traits for a sim. For example, if you use version 6, your sims can have 1 CAS Trait at Toddler age, 3 CAS Trait at Child age , 5 CAS Trait at Teen age, 6 CAS Trait at Young Adult/Adult/Elder age. Reward traits are not considered as CAS traits so sims can have as many as they can. Reward traits won't affect the amount of CAS (/personality/main) traits that your sims can have.

that is more than awesome thank you so much
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giakou
Thank you so so much!
Embyr311's mod did not work for me anymore because I couldn't see half of the traits.
I'm so happy that you took the time to fix his mod and make it workable!

Thanks! Their mod is one of my favourite must-have mods. I'm glad that I've figured out how to remake it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 4:01 PM
that is more than awesome thank you so much

You're welcome
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 4:04 PM
I picked version 7, deleted the cache before playing but no extra spaces for more traits are showing up for any of my sims. I checked both CAS and reward traits.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neuroticnelly
I picked version 7, deleted the cache before playing but no extra spaces for more traits are showing up for any of my sims. I checked both CAS and reward traits.

Hi! You cannot add extra CAS traits through CAS. The way to add extra CAS traits is using the cheat I stated in the description or using Embyr311's "Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod" which makes the Add/Remove Traits option available without using cheats.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 4:32 PM

Try the following step:
Use ctrl+shift+C
Type "testing chests on"
Type "traits.equip_trait <traitnameNoSpaces>"

The name of CAS traits you want to add, aka <traitnameNoSpaces> , can be found here:
http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/sims4cheatscodes.html
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 4:33 PM

read description how to use that mod you have to equip traits best using "equip traits in menu" mod works perfect for me
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 6:48 PM
Default thank you
read description how to use that mod you have to equip traits best using "equip traits in menu" mod works perfect for me

Thank you! I saw the info but I guess I was still half-asleep LOL
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:10 PM
Ahhh thank you so much!!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:26 PM
thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mollymooncat
Ahhh thank you so much!!!

Aww :lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fetry
thanks

U're welcome
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Try the following step:
Use ctrl+shift+C
Type "testing chests on"
Type "traits.equip_trait <traitnameNoSpaces>"

The name of CAS traits you want to add, aka <traitnameNoSpaces> , can be found here:
http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/sims4cheatscodes.html

That's the wrong code, just FYI. I copypasted it and it didn't work. It's "traits.equip_trait trait_[traitname]".

From here. Thanks for the mod though, I just wanted to point that out.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
That's the wrong code, just FYI. I copypasted it and it didn't work. It's "traits.equip_trait trait_[traitname]".

From here. Thanks for the mod though, I just wanted to point that out.

Hi. It works for me so I'm confused. May I ask you which trait did you add?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 8:55 PM
Thank You
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stardust74
Thank You

You are welcome :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 12:38 AM
This sounds really amazing. I've been hoping for an update, as some of my traits don't show up with the original mod. I am curious if you are going to make a version like the original mod had where you can add ridiculous numbers of traits to sims? Like 15+ for all, regardless of age. Or just 10 as a baseline and adding more for older sims. Thanks so much for updating the mod! Can't wait to try it out.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KyoSay
This sounds really amazing. I've been hoping for an update, as some of my traits don't show up with the original mod. I am curious if you are going to make a version like the original mod had where you can add ridiculous numbers of traits to sims? Like 15+ for all, regardless of age. Or just 10 as a baseline and adding more for older sims. Thanks so much for updating the mod! Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for the suggestions I will try making it tonight. I hope my old shitty computer can run it Not gonna post any new versions without testing in game :p
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 5:43 AM
Congratulations on modifying Embyr311's CAS More Traits Mod. I did the same thing after another simmer, Malakaaz, decided to modify this mod as well. My modified mod is also working quite well and I am able to give my Toddlers 3 traits which makes them more well-rounded. It's fun figuring out how to modify mods and still be able to use them successfully in the game. :D
Page 1 of 23