Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fix For Sims Not Sitting While Watching TV

by Ravynwolvf Posted 8th Feb 2017 at 2:43 PM - Updated 11th Feb 2017 at 1:11 PM by Ravynwolvf : typo

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 3:10 PM
Can't wait to try this in my game! It drove me up the wall when my Sims would just stand there like a derp.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 3:26 PM
Lots of thanks
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 5:03 PM
I've been moving my sofa closer and closer to the TV, wondering what the heck was wrong. Thanks for the fix!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 5:05 PM
Thank you ! I really needed that !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 5:28 PM
thank you, this was really needed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 6:47 PM
Might give this a try later tonight (been ignoring Sims 4 for awhile again even though I decided to sit down and tinker with the toddlers). I didn't realize it was actually a bug (of sorts anyways) that was causing this, I figured it was just sims being sims, especially since it seemed to only be the downstairs TV (it's set up kind of like a private theatre for the family) they pretty much refused to sit down for, thought maybe it was the distance, but no matter where I put the sofa's, they would always just stand and watch.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 7:51 PM
Nice one. It was always in the back of my head to take a look at this. I actually thought it was intentional by Maxis. When the Bohemian Pack big screens came out, and your sim can invite a bunch to watch a movie together, and only two thirds sat down and the others just walked right up to screen and stood there, in my head I'm screaming, why, Maxis, why???? Why do they think this is a fair representation of life? Blooming daft.
Thanks for the fix.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Nice one. It was always in the back of my head to take a look at this. I actually thought it was intentional by Maxis. When the Bohemian Pack big screens came out, and your sim can invite a bunch to watch a movie together, and only two thirds sat down and the others just walked right up to screen and stood there, in my head I'm screaming, why, Maxis, why???? Why do they think this is a fair representation of life? Blooming daft.
Thanks for the fix.

To be honest, the way I went about it I'm actually surprised it even worked, since the same approach did absolutely nothing for the video game/sitting problem (but that does have all these other lines about cones and field of vision). My own thought is that they were messing around with embedded actions or something weird while doing toddlers and managed to mess up simply sitting. In getting sims to sit while watching tv I tried all sorts of seating arrangements, and most were to no avail. They would usually cram themselves into the tiniest floor space left open rather than sit down. But for some reason making seating more of a priority worked for this at least.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 8:33 PM
I shall try this. I hate the way they stand right in front of the TV and watch it. They didn't used to do that.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 8:42 PM
I was annoyed seeing my Sims watching TV while they're standing too. There's a sofa in front of the TV, but they decided to STAND instead. Going to give this a try and see if this annoyance is fixed.

Thank you for coming up with this idea.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 9:20 PM
A very big thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 9:21 PM
Thanks for this, the refusal to sit to watch tv has been making me crazy! I've also been rearranging the furniture to no avail. Wonder what EA did now, though I shouldn't be surprised eh lol. I've also recently noticed them refusing to sit when they buy food at the CL food stalls. Fine if it's a single sim, but a family can't all buy from the same stall cos the first served block the path!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 9:51 PM
God love ya! I just knew a modder would come up with a "dl'ed workaround," lol. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 10:13 PM
That was really driving me crazy and thought it a little odd. Thanks so much for the fix!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 3:34 AM
Thank you!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 4:22 AM
Oh my goodness! THANK YOU!!! It bugs the stuffing out of me when my sims just stand there while watching T.V.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 1:31 PM
I never realized it was an issue. I don't stand watching tv, but I do move around a lot (I have ADHD) so it never occurred to me that it was an issue) but now that you pointed it out, all my sims do watch tv standing up all the time... Thanks
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 6:24 PM
Default Game Mods and CC
I may give it a try too, however with all the game updates breaking the sims 4 game when 'mods' & CC (need additional 'updating to cope' and not all makers of do this...) , I'm now cutting back using them... It's a shame Coolspear1's mods are now 'no longer', I still have some of them in my game, but what a shame!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sashasonic
I may give it a try too, however with all the game updates breaking the sims 4 game when 'mods' & CC (need additional 'updating to cope' and not all makers of do this...) , I'm now cutting back using them... It's a shame Coolspear1's mods are now 'no longer', I still have some of them in my game, but what a shame!

Youll be able to find them on another site called naughty sims asylum. His mods are totally not naughty but he needed a place to put them and hes got friends over there.

I am on Windows 8. I play SIMS 4 on a Surface Pro 4. I love it, runs beautifully.
I miss Sims 3, but not Error Code 12. Good Riddance.
I'm a football mom & play Sims with my little ones. I build, they wreck.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 7:23 PM
I was wondering what the heck was going on with my sims, very annoying bug, thank you for this mod!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:04 PM
Thanks! This is so awesome!
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:05 PM
This is awesome! I'm really curious to find out whether it makes them stop derping around when they're playing video games too.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:05 PM
Thank you. No other words are necessary.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybarefeet
Youll be able to find them on another site called naughty sims asylum. His mods are totally not naughty but he needed a place to put them and hes got friends over there.

Thanks, @Ladybarefeet ! Yes, I've been reading just after posting my comment, the sad position / (mod) nightmare he was put through; sounded terrible I must say!! Well, I still love his mods (naughty?! lol) I use quite a few, namely Reimagined Doctor and Science career and of course the beautiful insects 'liberated' and able to be 'in game' and 'planted' (lol) like a 'shrub' to spawn 'anywhere'... absolutely love it (and had noticed a long while back, that someone else had 'copied' his idea, extremely sad I might say, one would think that moderators would moderate those sort of 'glitches'.... *cough, splutter....* just saying...

I do have an account over at Sims Asylum, and hope to see his mods in the near future. Thanks again!
Page 1 of 3