Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 11:30 PM
Default Sims still behave according to trait they don't have anymore?
It might be mod related, but I am not sure so I put this under the bug/glitch category.

When I made my sim, I gave her the ambitious trait. I changed my mind when she became another of my sim's wife. I think I changed it to family oriented instead.
Anyway, she will still get tensed from being ambitious.
I am sure this is an easy fix, but I would not know how to fix this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 10:09 PM
I got rid of the Kleptomaniac trait and switched it to romance on one of my sims, and she gets the "need to swipe" part of klepto. :/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 10:20 PM
Oh I see.
I found this cheat : Traits.Remove_trait x
I replaced the x with Ambitious at the end (obviously). Even though, Ambitious does not appear anymore under her info, but just in case it works.
So far, she did not get tense from being ambitious, but i only tried this yesterday so I guess, time will tell if it really worked.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 3:08 PM
So it did not last. My sim still get tense from being ambitious...

Scholar
#5 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
So it did not last. My sim still get tense from being ambitious...

I've tried that cheat. It's never worked for me. And EA doesn't support it. Or changing a Sim's traits in CAS. Someone filed a bug report about this very problem on Answers HQ (official bug reporting site) and that's the answer they got. It's just not supported because they don't support use of cheats like that. So we're in luck if the cheat works, otherwise don't plan on changing their traits.

Personally, this makes me irritated. I changed traits all the time in Sims 3, but this is connected to the "emotions" system, so that appears to be why it doesn't work right. Very frustrating.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 7:12 AM
I made a sim from scratch in cas who never had the romantic trait but gets a tense lovelorn moodlet http://imgur.com/Evs5IVh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inrez
I made a sim from scratch in cas who never had the romantic trait but gets a tense lovelorn moodlet http://imgur.com/Evs5IVh

Oh..that's even worst!

Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 6:29 PM
I had my unflirty sim actually get flirty once....like...No...just no.. not her thing. It was at the GeekCon for whatever reason. (not even the Romance festival)

http://imgur.com/a/vEwwW
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 9:22 PM
Considering a sim does not need to have Flirty as a personality trait to become flirty..I guess you could think, it is still somewhat possible and accessible to any sim. Watching Romantic channel on tv, will do this.
Maybe being unflirty just means, it will take way more than any other sim, before she becomes flirty.

Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 10:36 PM
I get this all the time when changing traits, they'll usually still get the negative moodlets from their old trait for awhile, but at least in my experience it seems to clear up on its own after some time. I have a Sim that I removed the genius trait from because he was driving me nuts with his microscope obsession, and he got that tense moodlet from being "Unchallenged" or whatever for awhile, but it's been a long time now since then and he never gets that moodlet anymore.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 12:15 AM
Well, if it clears up after a while, then I won't be bugged by this.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Well, if it clears up after a while, then I won't be bugged by this.

Trust me it doen't change I kept getting the buff for the genius trait even though I changed it 3 sim weeks ago. So I guess it will never change.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 5:31 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I’m really hoping that something has happened to fix this, as it’s driving me crazy! My “non commital” sim will get whims to “get married to so-and-so” while having a negative mood about being stuck in a relationship. Ugg