Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 10:48 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 29th May 2018 at 3:08 PM.
Default The Horizontal Legacy Challenge
This is a idea I had about a challenge and I think it worth sharing, taking the premise of an Legacy Challenge into a different (and maybe weird) direction. The Nightlife expansion pack is "requeired"*.

Main Premise

Your sim is vampire, but different from most vampires that only care about the pleasures of eternal life, he/she wanted to create a world people praising from excelence and your sims thinks that best way to do it is the pass his good genes through different offsprings and guarantee that they will follow the paths through success.

The main goal is to make your sim became a vampire and then make him/her having 10 children with 10 different spouses (1 child per spouse) and make all the children fullfill their Lifetime Want before they die.

Rules - Basics about Offsprings and Spouses

1. Create a single sim, your founder, it can be either male or female and having any personality or aspiration you want, although the Romance and Pleasure aspirations are not recomended.
2. Your founder needs to became a vampire, you can do it in the traditional way (befriending a Grand Vampire (the ones that appear with "Count" or "Countess" before the name in downtown) for an extra challenge or just use some hack/mod to turn your sim.
3. Your founder is only allowed to have children with his/her spouse, that is, no illegitimate child or pregnancy before marriage.
4. Your founder is only allowed to have one child per spouse, therefore, try to unable "automatic try for a baby" if you use ACR. If your sim end up having twins with a spouse, you will have to fullfill the Lifetime Want of both!
5. You're not allowed to divorce with any of his spouses, they must stay with your founder until they die naturally (old age). You must not use the "side effect" of the Elixir of Life to took away life days from any spouse.
6. The offspring must stay in the same lot as your founder until they fullfill their Lifetime Want. When an offspring had his Lifetime Want fullfilled, you need to move them out to make some space for the next spouse and offspring.
7. The offsprings are allowed to marry and having children, but they also must move out when the offspring Lifetime Want was fullfilled.

Rules - Offspring's Goals

1. As stated before, all the 10 offsprings must fullfill their Lifetime Wants.
2. The toddler skills must be teached to all the 10 offsprings, this can be done either be the founder, the spouse or both.
3. The offsprings must be helped with the homework when they became a child, it can be done by the spouse or the founder.
4. The offsprings must be an overachiever when they are teens. (That is, have an A+ at school and get to the top of their teen careers).
5. You must avoid any of the offsprings having aspiration failures.
6. When an offspring grow up from child to teen, you must randomly choose an aspiration. You can number each aspiration and roll a d6 dice or just use this online randomizer
7. You must not use the Elixir of Life or any other method (i. e. Genie Wish) to make any offspring live longer, other Aspiration Rewards are allowed, though.
8. You may not turn an offspring into a vampire until he/she fullfilled the Lifetime Want.
9. You may send the offsprings to college or skip it (note: going to college give an advantage of having more time to pursue the lifetime want), whatever you seem fit. But, if you send an offspring to college, you may not play with the founder's household, you must keep playing with the offspring until they graduate, after that they must return to the founder's lot.
10. Besides that, a teen offspring must only be sent to college when lasting three days (or less) to become an adult.

Failures

You lose the challenge if:

1. An offspring dies before fullfilling their Lifetime Want.
2. The spouse dies in any other way that it's not old age or you divorce your founder and his spouse.
3. Your founder has illegitimate children or more than one child per spouse deliberately.
4. An offspring has an aspiration failure.
5. You didn't sucessed with the other goals (Toddler Skills, Helping with Homework, Becoming an Overachiever) of an offspring.

*Exception

If you don't have Nightlife, you can still do it this challange without it, as you can use the Elixir of Life to make your sim immortal. I just recommend to make your sim a vampire as it turns things more difficult (as Your Founder can't be exposed to sunlight) and because it makes the challange "backstory" more stylish.

_

That's it, I hope someone enjoy this challenge, any feedback is welcome.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 6:44 PM
Hey!
I'm currently doing this legacy challenge und I'm really liking it so far! But what should I do with teens aging up? Should they go to college or skip it? And are there any specific rules for the sims in college?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 7:36 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 10th Feb 2017 at 8:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by reddragon14
Hey!
I'm currently doing this legacy challenge und I'm really liking it so far! But what should I do with teens aging up? Should they go to college or skip it? And are there any specific rules for the sims in college?

I'm glad you are liking it.

I don't tought much about the offsprings going to college, as my current neighborhood don't have one at the moment, but I will add just two rules (I'm going to add them to the main post as well):

You may send the offsprings to college or skip it (note: going to college give an advantage of having more time to pursue the lifetime want), whatever you seem fit. But, if you send an offspring to college, you may not play with the founder's household, you must keep playing with the offspring until they graduate, after that they must return to the founder's lot.

Besides that, a teen offspring must only be sent to college when lasting three days (or less) to become an adult.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rguerra
I'm glad you are liking it.

I don't tought much about the offsprings going to college, as my current neighborhood don't have one at the moment, but I will add just two rules (I'm going to add them to the main post as well):

You may send the offsprings to college or skip it (note: going to college give an advantage of having more time to pursue the lifetime want), whatever you seem fit. But, if you send an offspring to college, you may not play with the founder's household, you must keep playing with the offspring until they graduate, after that they must return to the founder's lot.

Besides that, a teen offspring must only be sent to college when lasting three days (or less) to become an adult.

Ah, thank you! Now I know what I'm gonna do
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 7:49 PM
Gonna do this challenge right now Sounds simple but good enough.