Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Blurriness

by Voeille Posted 20th Jan 2017 at 12:23 AM - Updated 27th Jan 2017 at 7:54 PM by Voeille

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 1:34 AM
I definitely didn't notice the blurriness all this time! When I looked at the screenshots, I noticed the huge difference in the Maxis snow and your snow terrains as well the beach terrains. I liked yours far better than the Maxis terrains for both snow and sand. Thank you for doing something extraordinary like this!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 1:39 AM
You just keep coming up with awesome things to enhance the game - your snow texture looks great. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 2:49 AM
Awesome work!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 3:07 AM
Looks wonderful, I'm also surprised nobody has done it yet. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 5:11 AM
Thank you. You are an artist.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 6:14 AM Last edited by ASAsims : 20th Jan 2017 at 6:33 AM.
Error at extraction files from archive!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 11:50 AM
I'm having the same problem as ASAsims...the .7z files error when I try to extract them. I use WinRAR and to extract them I select the file, right click and choose "extract". I've had this same problem with a few other .7z files. I say "a few" because some .7s files will extract for me and some won't.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 12:52 PM Last edited by Voeille : 20th Jan 2017 at 1:06 PM.
Thank you For those who can’t unpack it, I added a link to 7zip in the post. WinRAR should work fine though, I have used it to unpack .7z files.

Edit: @PlatinumPlumbbob: The snow and cliff blurriness applies to lots as well, not only the outside. And I want to make the edges of a lot to be as little noticeable as possible, so that’s the opposite to you I can’t have them completely seamless as there will always be those dark lines on the edges

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 1:22 PM
"texture tragedy" - and some. LOL. Another nice mod, thanks.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 3:04 PM
yeah the blur hurts my eyes...not joking I have eye probs. Thanks!

btw...do you have to use a cliff and get the separate beach one too? They both have beach files.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 3:26 PM
They don’t both have beach files Cliffs have a file that replaces textures for beach rocks from BV, which I explained in the post.

Simblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 4:38 PM
Looks great! Can´t wait to use it!
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 7:12 PM
You're making the game better and better :D

so, with this mod, the default replacement of the rock terrain by Castaway's lava rock (here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg315680 )won't be needed anymore?
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 7:46 PM
Yes, you can have only one cliff replacement, otherwise they’d conflict with each other. My black version is like cliff in Castaway, just HQ

Simblr
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 8:27 PM
I thought so
thank you so much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 12:30 AM
First water, now land. Hmm

Soooooo, does this mean you'll be fixing the sky next? lol.

Great job!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 12:34 AM
With the cliff textures, is there a preview pic that shows all three? (old,grey,black) So we can choose which one we want?

I can't seem to find it
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:56 AM
Well, black is black, grey is grey, and old is the kind of brownish one, it’s in the first and second picture.
Also, sky has already been fixed, here is the link, and if you want animated clouds, they can be found here

Simblr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 6:05 AM
This is so beautiful. This game is getting a major graphical overhaul thanks to wonderful modders like you. Being my favorite of the franchise, I'm so happy to see the love going into all of these beautifying mods. Thank you so much for doing this. <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 7:17 AM
Voeille... I am speechless. These look amazing.
Thank you for sharing these!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 8:07 AM
Okay, I just couldn't figure out which one in the pic was grey and which one was the old.

btw, thanks for the links on the sky/clouds. - I'll check them out.

Edit: I can't get the clouds dl, its "not found" when I click the link. Do you know of any other links? I'll see if I can find it through Google.
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:09 PM
Open the links in a new tab (just right click on the link – open in a new tab), and then they should work, at least they do for me

Simblr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 1:07 AM
Okay, I tried that and it worked. I was just clicking on the link on the page here and the page there.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 2